Author Topic: Math IGCSE different from this year???  (Read 2222 times)

Offline hyebyekadal

• SF Citizen
Math IGCSE different from this year???
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:29:30 pm »
Hey, i just checked the cie website and theres a change in paper pattern. paper 4 is to be done on q Paper itselF!
and also theres this new syllabus called 0617 or something in which thers 3 papers with log and stuff. but the all the formulae that none of us get uno like the quadratic equation fomula is included on the first apge of the question paper! and also paper 2 doesnt require a calculator. and U NEED A GRAPHIC calculator and u need to copy the graph u get from ur calcultor screen onto the q paper (a blank space is provided) THATS SO weird is anyone of u doing that? its for only 2010 it seems!

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Re: Math IGCSE different from this year???
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:07:20 pm »
my sir also told me that paper 4 will now be done in the questions paper itself.
this is not fair, why it had to begin from my batch?
:@
by the way, from where did u find that?

Offline ashgerrard

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »
Hey, i just checked the cie website and theres a change in paper pattern. paper 4 is to be done on q Paper itselF!
and also theres this new syllabus called 0617 or something in which thers 3 papers with log and stuff. but the all the formulae that none of us get uno like the quadratic equation fomula is included on the first apge of the question paper! and also paper 2 doesnt require a calculator. and U NEED A GRAPHIC calculator and u need to copy the graph u get from ur calcultor screen onto the q paper (a blank space is provided) THATS SO weird is anyone of u doing that? its for only 2010 it seems!

Will this system start in 2009 or 2010?
No pain................. No gain

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:40:00 am »
Oh crap it starts from this year onwards
but then it actually looks less time consuming

To see a specimen paper,
go to
http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/igcse/subject?assdef_id=872
and download the specimen paper 4.

Or directly.
download from
http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/dynamic/31227.pdf

i liked the new format.
but it will be harder for the coming years to print past papers.