Author Topic: business st. help! imp gt exam 2dayyy!  (Read 726 times)

Offline Jaliefah

business st. help! imp gt exam 2dayyy!
« on: May 17, 2010, 02:55:10 am »
hey guys,
in the syllabus it says on section 3.1.1 Role of marketing - Describe the role of marketing.
what can this possibly mean?? is it that role of marketing in production? or what?? :S
 ???

uff, this got me so tensed, im still not done with the syllabus, not even once :p what am i gonna do:/
plz help :) May God bless you.

Offline gold_wings

Re: business st. help! imp gt exam 2dayyy!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:19:00 am »
Role of marketing is huge lol.
But marketing is what brings in revenue, therefore without it a firm cannot operate.

Marketing accounts for all the four "P"s, namely product, place, price, promotion.
So you would need to know about product orientated businesses and market orientated businesses, know the difference between a mass market and a niche market,
Know that a market is a place where people come together to trade items (this is essential lol)
Pricing schemes such as penetration pricing, price skimming, cost-plus pricing, promotional pricing, psychological pricing,
Promotion just includes like gifts, buy one get one free etc etc.

All in all, as I sad marketing is responsible for bringing in most of the revenue in a business in the private sector.
However, governments and businesses in the public sector can also use marketing, they use marketing in order to get people to join a cause such as fight for HIV etc

Offline Jaliefah

Re: business st. help! imp gt exam 2dayyy!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 03:29:26 am »
ohh ohkay! LOL thanks soo much for all that effort :) :)
all that i can already do from my book n other resources, but wht i didnt get is, the question,, describe the role of marketing,
i guess wht your saying is marketing is wht brings in revenue n without tht product wont be sold, for private sector, but for public, its like, marketing is used for publicity of some cause, or awareness maybe...
huh? is this right, did i get it right?? :S