Author Topic: The United States should eliminate its own weapons of mass destruction  (Read 7726 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Do you agree that the US should itself eliminate its own weapons of mass destruction (eg. nuclear weapons) before the 'peace talks' ?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Is that even debatable!

Ofc they should!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Yes israel too. Most of all.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
I think every country should try to possess nuclear weapons because it ensures its citizens safety due to the threat of a nuclear attack on the country which tries to invade it.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
Even if America gave up nuclear, they would still have tesla power. They could still destroy watever they wanted to.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Whats tesla?

holtadit

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
I just googled. its him. Apparently he was a scientist... ::)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
Nikola Tesla ?

Yes.

He invented a type of cold electron flow that had devastiating destruction energy, far more powerful than that of uranium!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
There is a page for this on my website a level physics notes>electricity

~ A.F ~

We're talking about things that will never happen..Its like will birds be able to swim or something..

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Kinda. But I still think every country should try to possess as much nuclear weapons as possible. When nuclear weapons weren't invented, then we could argue that 'we should stop producing them'. But now we're in a situation where nuclear weapons ensure a country's SAFETY. Countries are afraid to attack others who possess atomic bombs or similar weapons for obvious reasons. So if every country had one, its citizens live's safety would be ensured...

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
Kinda. But I still think every country should try to possess as much nuclear weapons as possible. When nuclear weapons weren't invented, then we could argue that 'we should stop producing them'. But now we're in a situation where nuclear weapons ensure a country's SAFETY. Countries are afraid to attack others who possess atomic bombs or similar weapons for obvious reasons. So if every country had one, its citizens live's safety would be ensured...

What happens when an imbecile like Kim Jong Il is in a real good mood one fine morning and decides to nuke South Korea? lol

Or if an extremist group gets hold of one of these bombs? I believe this was the risk Pakistan was in a few months ago?

About your point, on 'Countries are afraid to attack others who possess atomic bombs or similar weapons for obvious reasons.', we know that Alfred Noble was the creator of dynamites.

At the Nobel Institute's home page, one can read that:

“Alfred Nobel supported those who spoke up against militarism and war, and wanted to make a contribution to work for disarmament and the peaceful solution of international conflicts.”

According to Noble himself:

"My dynamite will sooner lead to peace than a thousand world conventions. As soon as men will find that in one instant whole armies can be utterly destroyed, they surely will abide by golden peace."

Another Nobel Laureate, the physiologist Charles Robert Richler (1913 physiology and medicine), has stated the following opinion about weapons of peace:

"Quick-firing rifle, Monstrous artillery, improved shells, smokeless and noise less gunpowder-these are so destructive that a great battle ... could cause the deaths of 300,000 but in a few hours. It is evident that the nations, no matter how unconcerned they may be at times when driven by a false pride, will draw back (in the twentieth century) from this fearful vision.”

Well, dynamites did not stop any wars. Nuclear weapons won't either. Only more people will be killed once wars do take place.

Understandable that dynamites' capabilities of destruction are nowhere as close to a nuclear bomb, but at the time it was created they were considered quite powerful.

The point is, once everyone has nuclear weapons all that will happen is that the greedy warmongers we have as leaders of our world will just spend more resources in producing more powerful weapons, instead of things that make the world a better place. There is no way of achieving world peace by implementation of fear or forced authority.