Author Topic: Life  (Read 4168 times)

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
Life
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »
Does life become meaningful as you grow older? Or does it get more meaningless?

what do you think?

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline maybeitwastheneighbors

• vvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommm=randomness+lalala!
  • SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
Re: Life
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »
definitely more meaningful
doki doki hatter

Amr Fouad

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:14 pm »
ofc life gets meaningful.when u were young the only thing u cared about was having warm milk and watching TV lol

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »
exactly. and when ur older, u realize that u dont have that much time left around and start appreciating life more
doki doki hatter

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:42:25 pm »
life become both meaningful and meaningless
No Matter What Happens In Life , Just Don't Lose Hope :)

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:10 pm »
explain how it becomes meaningless  ???
doki doki hatter

nid404

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 05:23:50 am »
For some reason, life is much more complicated when u grow up...complicated is not a synonym to either of the words.....but that's what i think it exactly becomes..

I used to be much happier in my childhood days.....nothing to worry abt...play whole day and enjoy....no fighting with frnd,parents etc....things were so much different...If given a chance I'd like to relive to those days

holtadit

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:36:53 am »
I dont understand why people want to grow up. Think about it; right now we have free food, accommodation, games, internet access and entertainment.

LIFES GOOD !!

Offline Karan

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 01:54:42 pm »
I feel adults (and even many teenagers) nowadays live much more hectic and stressful lives than is necessary. We may begin to appreciate life more with age and adulthood, but we won't have time to enjoy it until we're too old and tired to be able to properly... unless you win the lottery ;)
That is unfortunately the state of modern urban life... we work ourselves to death through school, university and our careers until there's barely any time left for anything else...
The desire for knowledge, like the thirst for riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.

Offline Lana Wolf

• SF Farseer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »
For some reason, life is much more complicated when u grow up...complicated is not a synonym to either of the words.....but that's what i think it exactly becomes..

I used to be much happier in my childhood days.....nothing to worry abt...play whole day and enjoy....no fighting with frnd,parents etc....things were so much different...If given a chance I'd like to relive to those days

Same..i was thinking about this just a few days before.. everything is too complicated.. then we never even had to think twice before saying or doing something..

Now.. studies.. future coming too soon.. career.. :S

When i was a kid i was never confused.. and now look at me.. I'm confused about almost everything.. lol thats what teenage has done to me..  :-\ :-\

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »
Life generally gets better and (of course) more meaningful as you grow older.

Alpha

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 02:42:43 pm »
Nice discussion...  :)

Life surely, does become more meaningful... But then, as we get to understand things better, we drown deeper in ignorance.

You get to know that there are so many things you don't know about. It gets more meaningful--- and more meaningless.  :)

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 03:17:12 pm »
alpha: knowing and accepting that u dont understand something is a rare knowledge in itself. gaining that should surely make life more meaningful.
doki doki hatter

Alpha

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 03:38:46 pm »
Maybeit... I'll call you Maybeit, your nick is far too long.  :)

True knowledge lies in knowing that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know. Now, to accept it is a choice and to overcome it, is another.

What's meaning? Importance?

Many people, when they are at the threshold of death, realise the importance of life. And many others realise that they have actually wasted theirs... It's a pity.

I know it's a rare knowledge... But improving on what you do not know is a wonderful pleasure.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:42:19 pm by ~Alpha »

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 03:44:40 pm »
no probs... i know its long
of course, its like 'u dont realize the importance of smthn till u lose it' and as we get older we are losing time
and plus, a lot of ppl dont have the luxury to improve their knowledge, or lack thereof
doki doki hatter