Author Topic: should india be a nuclear power?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Angel Of Love

• SF Farseer
  • loev <3 :D
should india be a nuclear power?
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:06 am »
here is something new
after Dr. A.P.J Abdulkamlam's nuclear test what do you all think?

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: should india be a nuclear power?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:14 am »
Or israel? Better spend the money on a party

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:01 pm »
No..because it's not fair if India has the power...because the other countries have signed an agreement with U.N. saying that they will stop using nuclear weapons in wars....
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline Karan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:38:56 pm »
I don't think any country should have nuclear weapons... nuclear weapons technology is a curse, and it's the only thing we have ever created that really has the potential to end life on this planet. Out of sheer idiocy and arrogance, the United States and the former Soviet Union precipitated this nuclear arms race - possibly the biggest and most spectacular blunder ever made in this planet's history. As an Indian, I'm naturally proud that my country was capable of developing this technology independently, and I feel that India definitely needs some kind of deterrence against her nuclear armed neighbours, but I'm very unhappy that India hasn't signed the NPT. I think India should stop producing new nuclear weapons (and every country for that matter), and that India and other nuclear powers should join the US and Russia in disposing of their nuclear weapons as soon as possible... but I don't think India is a big problem at all compared with some other countries - Israel with their 300 undeclared nuclear weapons, North Korea, Pakistan (as I couldn't imagine what would happen if the Taliban did manage to capture even one bomb), and possibly Iran (unless they're telling the truth). Also keep in mind that the freedom-loving Americans who are trying to rid the world of nukes are the only ones to have actually used them - and that to against civilian populations in Japan. Nuclear weapons maintain a constant cold war atmosphere of fear and mistrust and should be done away with for good.
The desire for knowledge, like the thirst for riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.

Offline Angel Of Love

• SF Farseer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:29 am »
I would like to tell you all that India follows with the arms control policy which means it will produce weapons only to defend itself and not to attack any country to overtake it.
So India will only produce nuclear weapons for it's defense that too after it thinks that the normal weapons which are usually used are not efficient. Nuclear weapons will be used once the fight or war has reached an extend.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 08:26:55 am »
The sort of logic that makes every teenager in english schools carry a knife. I Will demonstrate against nuclear weapons in my country if you do in yours.

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:09 am »
i think that every country in this planet should have nuclear power
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:56:53 pm by T.Q »
No Matter What Happens In Life , Just Don't Lose Hope :)

Offline Angel Of Love

• SF Farseer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:29:07 am »
I actually don't agree that all the countries should have the nuclear power because there are some countries which will produce nuclear weapons even for small small wars which can be overcome by using the normal weapons...
You know Taliban and all if they get such powers they'll destroy the whole world...

I don't mean to point out anyone if they stay in Pakistan this just a general statement..

nid404

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:07 am »
I agree with Karan

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:04:14 pm »
Yes. They should have. Every country should try to have. It increases the power and status of the country.

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »
I actually don't agree that all the countries should have the nuclear power because there are some countries which will produce nuclear weapons even for small small wars which can be overcome by using the normal weapons...
You know Taliban and all if they get such powers they'll destroy the whole world...

I don't mean to point out anyone if they stay in Pakistan this just a general statement..

when a country have nuclear power , it does not mean it will use it to make nuclear weapons , nuclear power can be used for many useful things.

also as time is passing by ,we are running out of fossil fuel and petrol , so nuclear power will be the only option for us

so every country should have nuclear power to grantee its future  :P

Amr Fouad

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:35:46 pm »
If each country on this planet has nuclear power, there would be no need of money..no need for LIFE actually..

Life means unequality...

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44:34 pm »
If each country on this planet has nuclear power, there would be no need of money..no need for LIFE actually..

Life means unequality...

nuclear power have nothing to do with life

Amr Fouad

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 11:48:23 pm »
nuclear power have nothing to do with life

So you think so? you think without nuclear power america would not be A-M-E-R-I-C-A! russia wouldn't be R-U-S-S-I-A! dude...u have to think this through..

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 12:01:43 am »
So you think so? you think without nuclear power america would not be A-M-E-R-I-C-A! russia wouldn't be R-U-S-S-I-A! dude...u have to think this through..

u said that if every country have nuclear power , then there is no need for life

life has nothing to do with AMERICA OR RUSSIA

Two different points