Author Topic: <<<Reservation for women>>>  (Read 3965 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: <<<Reservation for women>>>
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »
Ah, its ok.

First we must understand what 'reservation' means. Its a form of quota. Reserving seats will mean that the recruiters will be forced to fill up these positions with women, whereas, there may be many male candidates with better abilities. Everybody will agree with me that its better to fill up a certain position with the person with better ability or experience. If a woman has that its ok and she should be considered for the position. But reservation means that she will be 'filled up' for that position, regardless of her skill and ability,  which is definitely not acceptable.

nid404

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 10:46:51 am »
Well, it's not like we don't have enough competent women in our country who would want to participate in politics...so it might not have to be just filled for the sake of it like u said

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »
You may have women competent in politics. But don't select them by reservation of seats for women. Select them by vote or poll, just as every MP is selected, which takes into account people's preference. If you select by reservation, you'll be forcing people to vote for woman candidates, when there may be better male candidates in the area concerned.