Author Topic: Do you think government should restrict religious clothes?  (Read 11291 times)

holtadit

Re: Do you think government should restrict religious clothes?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 04:01:01 pm »

Lets get something straight people who wear full face niqabs are hiding there face and identity from security guards at airports, for example.

Wearing a cross on your neck is not the same thing nor is wearing a skullcap.

Imagine this. I walk into Charles de gaulle airport wearing a niqab (no one knows I am a man) and I (i would not do this AT ALL) blow myself up with a pack of C4 explosives conveniently hidden under my long flowing black gown.

Instantly hundreds of people are killed.

We cant be sure whos hiding under that niqab so in the interest of peoples safety we ban it from such HIGH RISK PLACES !! It is not banned when walking down a street.

We saw what happened in London and we know what happened in Russia with the black widows. I cant blame France or any other country banning Niqabs

PS: I understood my mistake Stylish...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:44:55 pm by Ari Ben Canaan »

nid404

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 04:02:22 pm »
@alpha- True, monarchy is the thing in most Islamic countries, but we respect the rules... When my uncle ws in RIyadh, his wife had to wear a veil evn tho she ws not a follower of Islam...Can anyone justify this?!....but there ws no making an issue..no one can
So, if france chose to ban the attire in selected places, it better be followed up....or u don't go to that place if ur not comfortable without it...
It is difficult to distinguish between the good ones n the bad ones, hence measures like this have to be taken...and whoever you may be and whatever religion u follow, u should be first follow the norms.

@Stylish- What if I wish not to wear a veil in Riyadh, I wouldn't be allowed in there........Different countries have different ways but you have to respect them all

It's not a complete ban anyway.....I went to France only a few months back, I saw many on the streets with a veil.....no problem as such...
"Those who wear Niqab or veils are NORMAL people like women who wear jeans, shirts, shorts etc."
Men can very well take their place under the veil and it has happened

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 05:02:12 pm »
Hey there Mr. Hapless Monkey !!

I showed you due respect. Show due respect to me too. Therefore, this portion of your post is edited.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 05:14:49 pm »
Great let every man wear a veil.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:36 pm »
@Stylish- What if I wish not to wear a veil in Riyadh, I wouldn't be allowed in there........Different countries have different ways but you have to respect them all

It's not a complete ban anyway.....I went to France only a few months back, I saw many on the streets with a veil.....no problem as such...
"Those who wear Niqab or veils are NORMAL people like women who wear jeans, shirts, shorts etc."

I never went to KSA, but hearing what other people say, I think they are too strict. COMPELLING people to wear veil is ALSO a form of restriction on religious clothes. And I do not support ANY form of restriction on religious clothes, whether they be compelling people to wear veils, or compelling people to not wear veils.

A country usually has adequate security checks to prevent this. Women who wear veils are often suspected and checked thoroughly (more than people like me and you) in airports and other major points.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 05:17:33 pm »
[MODERATOR: EDITed for showing disrespect to another member. Don't break the rules again.]

Lets get something straight people who wear full face niqabs are hiding there face and identity from security guards at airports, for example.

Wearing a cross on your neck is not the same thing nor is wearing a skullcap.

Imagine this. I walk into Charles de gaulle airport wearing a niqab (no one knows I am a man) and I (i would not do this AT ALL) blow myself up with a pack of C4 explosives conveniently hidden under my long flowing black gown.

Instantly hundreds of people are killed.

We cant be sure whos hiding under that niqab so in the interest of peoples safety we ban it from such HIGH RISK PLACES !! It is not banned when walking down a street.

We saw what happened in London and we know what happened in Russia with the black widows. I cant blame France or any other country banning Niqabs

I'm rephrasing what I wrote in an earlier post:

A country usually has adequate security checks to prevent this. Women who wear veils are often suspected and checked thoroughly (more than people like me and you) in airports and other major points.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
Great let every man wear a veil.

Exactly. Those instances are very few. And usually, in a major gathering or event or airport, there are adequate security checks to prevent it.

nid404

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 05:29:27 pm »
Exactly. Those instances are very few. And usually, in a major gathering or event or airport, there are adequate security checks to prevent it.

If so, then why do we hear cases of ppl blowing themselves up in veils....it happens. :-\  Just happened in fact...
I've knwn cases where men don't let their woman/women take the veil off....and if asked to, they create problems....Mumbai airport...finally had to call for a lady from a different section to only look at her face.... :-\ weird...what's in a face?

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 05:37:28 pm »
If so, then why do we hear cases of ppl blowing themselves up in veils....it happens. :-\  Just happened in fact...
I've knwn cases where men don't let their woman/women take the veil off....and if asked to, they create problems....Mumbai airport...finally had to call for a lady from a different section to only look at her face.... :-\ weird...what's in a face?

I support security checks on women wearing veils.

I just don't support the government telling people "You must wear veils" or "You are not allowed to wear veils". SOD OFF!!! (Mr. Paul's style! ;D )

nid404

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:14 pm »
Oh cool!
So why debate...lol :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 06:41:39 pm »

PS: I understood my mistake Stylish...

Ah, its ok. No problems. Move on.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 06:51:51 pm »
Oh cool!
So why debate...lol :P

You suppported banning religious clothes in this post :P :P ::)

nid404

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 05:51:50 am »
You suppported banning religious clothes in this post :P :P ::)

No ::) ::) ::)

Read it well...I said co-operation from both sides should be expected... ::)

Offline Karan

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:35 am »
I think some secular countries misunderstand the concept of secularism entirely. A secular country is one in which everyone can follow the religion of their choice freely, without any interference (unless it's actually something dangerous like Scientology), and where the government itself does not favour any one religion. This does not give them the right to tell people that they cannot wear religious clothing. By doing this in the name of secularism, they contradict themselves completely... while I think that clothes that cover the face completely should be restricted to an extent in international airports and other such places for safety reasons, no country should have the right to ban religious clothing outright, as I believe that it is a fundamental right to dress however you like and observe whatever religious customs you want to, as long as it conforms to the norms of decency, and doesn't hurt anyone.
The desire for knowledge, like the thirst for riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.

holtadit

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:09 am »
I think some secular countries misunderstand the concept of secularism entirely. A secular country is one in which everyone can follow the religion of their choice freely, without any interference (unless it's actually something dangerous like Scientology), and where the government itself does not favour any one religion. This does not give them the right to tell people that they cannot wear religious clothing. By doing this in the name of secularism, they contradict themselves completely... while I think that clothes that cover the face completely should be restricted to an extent in international airports and other such places for safety reasons, no country should have the right to ban religious clothing outright, as I believe that it is a fundamental right to dress however you like and observe whatever religious customs you want to, as long as it conforms to the norms of decency, and doesn't hurt anyone.

Nicely said. I like your signature. I can relate to it.