Author Topic: Do you think government should restrict religious clothes?  (Read 11293 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Do you think government should restrict religious clothes?
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:57:25 pm »
Religious clothes like Niqaab, headgear, hijaab for muslims. Cap for jews, Cross sign for Christians are worn by different groups of people. Some government have restricted wearing those clothes which signify a religion.

Do you think all governments should adopt such policy of banning any religious symbols or clothes?

Please don't insult any religion while debating.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Do you think government should restrict religious clothes?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »
Bad idea for govt to get involved in religion. The Frenchh and Turkish govts say they are secular, but what they mean is that they object to any aspect of religion that offends them.
Not good.

Monica

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »
Religious debate stylish? Don't think this will end up good.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:18:42 pm »
Personally I think the government should let us live as we wish to. No restriction should be employed upon any religious clothes. Plain ridiculous for the French government to adopt such silly policies.

Shoshou, I don't think this is a religious debate at all. Even if it is related to religion, as I stated, no members should offend another's religion. If somebody does, I'm there to take care of it. ;) Just that we can't run away from such topics.

You can take part in the debate too! You're welcome! :)

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »
People should be able to wear what they want. Governments look stupid arguing at the gates of turkish universities over the definition of headscarf.

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
their should be no restriction on religious clothes

No Matter What Happens In Life , Just Don't Lose Hope :)

nid404

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »
Nope no restrictions....

But I have a point to  make. I have never seen how people who are under veils are checked for their identity. I'm talking abt security issues here. I believe people should make their choice as to what to wear, but when there is a process to go through, you need to follow them.
I hope you're getting what i mean, like at airports n places, there can be a lot of things under a good deal of clothes, and in the case where your face is hidden, how do we determine who u claim to be ur?
I really don't knw if they do show their face or not....some1 tell me cuz i am not aware....if they don't it's a major security lapse

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »
Of course security issues should be taken into account. No smuggling should take place under veils either.

nid404

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 06:27:29 pm »
but my question is do women in veil show their faces like for identity n all?

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:02:49 pm »
I don't think that there should be any restriction by the government on clothes because i think that clothes are the main component of ur personality and if u don't feel comfortable in one, that might have some severe consequences in daily life (e.g. lack of confidence, feeling embarrassed and not interacting socially because you don not feel confident in those particular clothes)...everyone has the right to wear clothes which make 'em look good and make them confident for a successful social life...(I am talking in general with no religion involved).

I think this discussion is useless because everyone has his/her own views keeping in mind their religion.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:06:46 pm »
I don't agree with all
I mean an individual is responsible for his/her security.. No use of government here. Secondly, they should not adopt such policy. Let them follow which they are following, there are other ways of securing people up. there should not be any restrictions like this, or else it will end up in frustration, nothing else. which will ultimately and headache for thew government itself!

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 11:38:07 pm »
Part of the problem is govt. Govt shoves people around and makes enemies out of everyone. No wonder people do just what they want - so should they, if they are not to be mindless govt ants.

nid404

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:01 am »
I don't agree with all
I mean an individual is responsible for his/her security.. No use of government here. Secondly, they should not adopt such policy. Let them follow which they are following, there are other ways of securing people up. there should not be any restrictions like this, or else it will end up in frustration, nothing else. which will ultimately and headache for thew government itself!

I beg to differ...
A government is elected to run the nation which also includes security of the nation and its ppl....
I completely agree ppl have the choice to where what they wish to but when it comes to security reasons, ppl should be willing to cooperate

holtadit

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 10:43:03 am »
I don't agree with all

Why is it with events like 9/11 that the government is BLAMED for failing to ACT ? Why do we blame the government when crime rates rise ?

The government did not ask anyone to commit a crime, YET we hold them responsible for failing to ensure social security. WHY YOU MAY ASK?

Because we elected the government to deal with and manage the problems of modern day society. If you believe that we are individually responsible for our own security then dont point fingers at the government when tomorrow a woman wearing a full face veil/niqab blows herself up outside your house.

After all, you were responsible for foreseeing such an event and preparing your security measures. Weren't you ?

To all people who may think that the event I portrayed above is false and full of hysteria I suggest you read about the Black Widows of Russia.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:29 am »
The Black widows of russia is a v good example of a whole people that fight back any way they can. The russian govt must be made to learn, ignorant though they are.