Author Topic: Assassination of Osama Bin Laden - is it the beginning of another war ???  (Read 2355 times)

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
The images of 9/11 is one particular event that will stick in our minds no matter how many years have passed, it has given a disastrous message. But now the question is the assassination of Bin Laden - is it over or do you guys think this can give a rise to other problems ????

elemis

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
it depends on how political leaders react....the operation carried out by US army in Pakistan clearly shows that US can carry out such operations in the name of peace and stability...but who knows what their real intentions are...Pakistan is already in a bad situation and killing of Osama has done no good to Pakistan instead it has worsened the situation...Pakistan has been a key ally to US against the Taliban and Al qaeda and has supported the US by providing supply route to Afghanistan and carrying out operations against Militants on their side of the border...by carrying out such operations it seems as though they are provoking the Pakistani population against them...but its all politics and its really hard to know the intentions of a country....hope the situation gets well soon...it has been going on for oo long...think about what may be going through the local people in Afghanistan

Offline username

• SF Geek
  • Nobody is perfect.... I am Nobody.
The images of 9/11 is one particular event that will stick in our minds no matter how many years have passed, it has given a disastrous message. But now the question is the assassination of Bin Laden - is it over or do you guys think this can give a rise to other problems ????
it depends on how political leaders react....the operation carried out by US army in Pakistan clearly shows that US can carry out such operations in the name of peace and stability...but who knows what their real intentions are...Pakistan is already in a bad situation and killing of Osama has done no good to Pakistan instead it has worsened the situation...Pakistan has been a key ally to US against the Taliban and Al qaeda and has supported the US by providing supply route to Afghanistan and carrying out operations against Militants on their side of the border...by carrying out such operations it seems as though they are provoking the Pakistani population against them...but its all politics and its really hard to know the intentions of a country....hope the situation gets well soon...it has been going on for oo long...think about what may be going through the local people in Afghanistan

i see u used the words killing and assasination. so i guess u guys dont support the killing of osama bin laden.

just a look at things guys. no offence, sarcasm or anythin intended:D

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
i see u used the words killing and assasination. so i guess u guys dont support the killing of osama bin laden.

just a look at things guys. no offence, sarcasm or anythin intended:D
i do apprecciate his death - but my question was will this lead to another possible war ? as there are followers of Osama Bin Laden ..... they can attack any moment - i do belive that - so do u guys thing this will lead to another world war ...

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
the war is still going on which was started about 10 years ago...no new war is going to start simply because osama has died....

Offline dragon_knight

it will certainty cause another war to happen. another similar to 911 incident.
well... i'm living in east asia so the new war is not likely to affect me, but i surely dont want it to happen.
if bin laden is not killed, 911 is going to happen again in anytime.
if bin laden is killed, 911 is going to happen again, only that the time line may be shifted to earlier.
so obama faces a dilemma. the killing might be due to the presidential election next year in US.

a terrorist is killed by another terrorist. no offense to americans.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
It was an assasinatioon like any other.
Like Israel does in Gaza, or the UK did in Norther Irelnad.
They are raising the bar for retaliation,which will come.
One day we will all be forced to deal with each other in a mudpit.