Author Topic: In captivity or in the Wild??  (Read 12050 times)

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
Re: In captivity or in the Wild??
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 02:39:48 pm »
Yeah, in that benefit we have lost many of them! and this will continue in this way :)

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

nid404

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 02:42:02 pm »
Their benefit or loss does not matter to us. What we care is whether something is of our benefit, directly or indirectly.

We the root cause of everything. We consider ourselves superior....whoever told you so?? We are not.
"We" is generalized....A few people(im being nice, not using an adjective for the kind of people they are) in this world don't care about them but there are a lot of them who do.

We need to stop thinking about our benefits for once. We have everything, yet we want more.....greedy humans=stupid humans.
God made us not to harm these majestic creatures and their habitat, it's what humans think they are meant to do, which is by all means a stupid assumption which leads to very impractical actions and cause a lot of harm to our environment, indirectly us.

We are all in mutualism, one species gone, the whole chain takes a turn, we suffer indirectly, but some ppl don't realize...It's a shame!

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:21 pm »
M saying it again

Yeah, in that benefit we have lost many of them! and this will continue in this way

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 02:47:36 pm »
Captivating animals for our benefit will not cause their extinction. Because we normally captivate only a small proportion of a whole species population for any purpose like drug testing, zoos, parks and experiment. We regularly eat chicken and beef burgers. This doesn't mean than chickens and cows are becoming extinct.

nid404

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 02:51:49 pm »
Captivating animals for our benefit will not cause their extinction. Because we normally captivate only a small proportion of a whole species population for any purpose like drug testing, zoos, parks and experiment. We regularly eat chicken and beef burgers. This doesn't mean than chickens and cows are becoming extinct.

compare the population of beef and chicken to the other animals.....You don't domesticate a lion like a cow....
Not a good comparison mate!

And that's what i exactly said, whether a small proportion or one specie....a little here and there in the chain....it jst causes us harm indirectly

And point one....i don't think any of us said captivating animals will cause extinction...
The point is what you do with them after captivation....they're not public entertainers

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 02:58:21 pm »
Dude. same happened to Dodo Bird. i hope you know the story! :)

what i am saying is that Keeping those animals for our benefit will eventually die. Because we are keeping away from their environment! from their habitat! I hope you also know the story of white tiger! People their used to kill them for many reason! Not even knowing that they are no more

Talking about chickens, those poultry chickens will never because we are breeding them with artificial sense. if you can treat other animals in the same way, they will never! :P

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 03:00:44 pm »
we treat them as they are our entertainers! they are not public figures!
we never treat them nicely after they are in our control. Just compare your children how you treat 'em and the children of animals :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I went to Bangkok with my dad on his short business trip. We watched elephants playing football. I even posed with a leg upon a seemingly 'tame' tiger. It was good fun for the last day.

I don't think captivating these 5 elephants and one tiger have done any significant damage to the whole elephant or tiger population.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 03:04:43 pm »
And ASH, I don't have any children. Doing A levels.

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »
I don't think captivating these 5 elephants and one tiger have done any significant damage to the whole elephant or tiger population.

Every one  think it in the same way, and thus every one is contributing their role! Every one thinks that if i will capture 4 lions for my benefit. it will not going to harm them much... But as i said every one is contributing! it will eventually in the end! :P

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 03:07:38 pm »
And ASH, I don't have any children. Doing A levels.

Even i'm doing Alevels, i dont have children too. it was just an example Dude! :)

nid404

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 03:09:17 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I went to Bangkok with my dad on his short business trip. We watched elephants playing football. I even posed with a leg upon a seemingly 'tame' tiger. It was good fun for the last day.

That's what you think :)

And captivating animals does not mean interacting with humans, until really required(say medical purposes)
Captivating can be of different ways....in zoos or sanctuaries or just having wardens and regulations in the already existing habitats for animals.(wildlife reserves)

I am not much for zoos, but sanctuaries and reserves do good.

Taming animals is the worst thing u should do.....cause it's not the real them....they are born to be in the wild and BE WILD....
Once tamed, they find it difficult to survive in the wild.....

nid404

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 03:12:42 pm »
And rightly said by ash....you're one of the ppl who thinks that way....there may a lot out there who think like you........and then we a few more elephants and few more tiger, playing with humans!!

Tigers do not play with humans, they're not meant to...
They hunt....

With all these tigers here, the population of it's prey would rise.....
And I repeat again...We're all in a mutual relationship....which should not be altered...a little alteration, the chain goes haywire and WE ALL SUFFER

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13:22 pm »
Agree with you Nid.

We have to realize the harsh truth that we humans are selfish and greedy! :P
they have a right to live, enjoy, reproduce in Their habitat. For example, if we humans are animals for other creatures, and they did same with us! what you will going to do. you can only serve them for their benefit! and they like us will want so called benefit without even realizing our worth! :P

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 03:14:51 pm »
were*