Author Topic: CIE May/June 2010  (Read 1631 times)

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
CIE May/June 2010
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:24 pm »
Guyz, i'm giving cie xams this may/june. I have following five subjects: Physics -A, Chemistry-A, Maths-A, Economics-A and General studies -AS.

My question is whether or not to give all the papers this may/june. I know it's gonna be tough giving all four A subjects, but i think i can do it. Although, my chemistry said that It's gonna be difficult giving all the subjects at the same time. I suggested me to split the subjects into AS and A2 and give them in oct/nov. I don't know what to do guyz, shall i give all the papers??? What do you think?

Offline Lana Wolf

• SF Farseer
Re: CIE May/June 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:39 pm »
Guyz, i'm giving cie xams this may/june. I have following five subjects: Physics -A, Chemistry-A, Maths-A, Economics-A and General studies -AS.

My question is whether or not to give all the papers this may/june. I know it's gonna be tough giving all four A subjects, but i think i can do it. Although, my chemistry said that It's gonna be difficult giving all the subjects at the same time. I suggested me to split the subjects into AS and A2 and give them in oct/nov. I don't know what to do guyz, shall i give all the papers??? What do you think?

If you think you can give them all together and get great grades.. then go ahead..

But generally i would suggest anyone to give them separately..

Cuz i had to resit a paper and even then it was time consuming and  i know i had trouble doing many subjects together..

Whats the hurry? Give them separately.. gives you time to study for sats and other exams too.. + you wont feel pressured and more chances of getting better grades..

Well at least thats what i think.. :)

Offline killzone

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:56:04 am »

hey .. u r taking 4 AL subs in june ! in my opinion thats too much nd the possibility of getting gd grades is not high ( i am not questioning ur intelligence  ;D) but its a lot of pressure ..if u wanna do that ..then u need some serious time management ..nd probably u wont have time for any fun or relaxation
anyway whatever ur decision is ..best of luck  :D

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:24:48 pm »
If you think you can give them all together and get great grades.. then go ahead..

But generally i would suggest anyone to give them separately..

Cuz i had to resit a paper and even then it was time consuming and  i know i had trouble doing many subjects together..

Whats the hurry? Give them separately.. gives you time to study for sats and other exams too.. + you wont feel pressured and more chances of getting better grades..

Well at least thats what i think..

Thanks <3 ~~Lana Wolf~~ <3 that's a gud suggestion. although, my problem is i've planned to apply to universities in usa. My planning is as soon as i finish my may/june 2010 by giving all the papers i'll have enough time preparing for SAT I. To apply for fall 2010 in usa i'll have to give my SAT before october 7 and finished all the application procedure by november 1st 2010. Then by december 15th all the early decision replies will be received. then accordingly, i can choose my colleges, get the replies and if i get in then apply for visas by april 2011.

Now, to all this if i give some papers even in oct/nov then i'll mess up with my SAT I. SATs are crucial in usa admission policy according to many colleges in my list, therefore i know i don't want to mess up with my SAT I atleast.

so far, this is my agenda for 2010. So what do you think? Have i taken a right decision linking to my above problem or should i change my decision?

Any piece of advice ..

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:36 pm »
hey .. u r taking 4 AL subs in june ! in my opinion thats too much nd the possibility of getting gd grades is not high ( i am not questioning ur intelligence  ;D) but its a lot of pressure ..if u wanna do that ..then u need some serious time management ..nd probably u wont have time for any fun or relaxation
anyway whatever ur decision is ..best of luck  :D

hey, Thanks for the best of luck! I was think of time management for my alevels. Can you suggest me some ways by which i can divided my time to all 4 alevel ?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »
ambitious, u need to take it slow

u r diving in head first without looking at what u r diving into

it is possible to give them all, i know that

but will u get the results u wanted?

will it be as high as u possibly could be able to reach?

The SAT is easy, if u hav done a level, all u hav to do is learn the word list.

now, i STRONGLY  advise u to take it slow and do it one at a time, US units have absolutely no problems with 2 sits, its normal.

And as for the timetable, outlook is a useful managment tool, try it.

Offline Lana Wolf

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:13 pm »
Thanks <3 ~~Lana Wolf~~ <3 that's a gud suggestion. although, my problem is i've planned to apply to universities in usa. My planning is as soon as i finish my may/june 2010 by giving all the papers i'll have enough time preparing for SAT I. To apply for fall 2010 in usa i'll have to give my SAT before october 7 and finished all the application procedure by november 1st 2010. Then by december 15th all the early decision replies will be received. then accordingly, i can choose my colleges, get the replies and if i get in then apply for visas by april 2011.

Now, to all this if i give some papers even in oct/nov then i'll mess up with my SAT I. SATs are crucial in usa admission policy according to many colleges in my list, therefore i know i don't want to mess up with my SAT I atleast.

so far, this is my agenda for 2010. So what do you think? Have i taken a right decision linking to my above problem or should i change my decision?

Any piece of advice ..

well it seems uve got everything planned..bt i agree with the dude..youve got to take things a bit slowly...sat is actually very easy...
But for a levels...youve to be really well prepared..and open to all options..
Our teachers always tld us to be prepared 4 d unexpected...

See..in my class the english genius who everyone thot wud surely get an A got a C..tht shocked us all...

See..im not saying tht you'll get less marks..but you kno the pressure...limited time...and everything causes too much stress too...

Well best of luck and with whatever you choose think through things very carefully.. :)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:00:34 pm »
I think exams are so predictable, but I have seen so many

Offline Lana Wolf

• SF Farseer
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:06:02 pm »
I think exams are so predictable, but I have seen so many

lol..everything i say is with ur exception...
No one here is gonna kno as much you do...