Author Topic: Us and british in kuwait. Why do you want foreigners in your co  (Read 15043 times)

Offline coatseville

Re: Us and british in kuwait. Why do you want foreigners in your co
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2010, 11:44:22 pm »
No offense or anything but as i am in fact a foreigner living in Kuwait i can tell you for a fact that without foreigners in Kuwait the country would not survive.
It is mainly the foreigners who actually do all the work and ofc this does not mean that all Kuwaitis are like this but the majority are more or less lazy and done really do a whole lot.
No offense ofc!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2010, 11:45:57 pm »
Same over here. Without polish plumber we would all be living in s**t

Offline Baladya

• meawwwww hao hao >.<
  • SF Geek
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:52 pm »
No offense or anything but as i am in fact a foreigner living in Kuwait i can tell you for a fact that without foreigners in Kuwait the country would not survive.
It is mainly the foreigners who actually do all the work and ofc this does not mean that all Kuwaitis are like this but the majority are more or less lazy and done really do a whole lot.
No offense ofc!

Thats what i said ;)
Looks like i ran out of cool signatures :|

Offline coatseville

« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:04 am »
Oops sorry i didnt read it!
But its SO true i mean I actually think the country would like stop completely...

Offline Q80BOY

• SF Veteran
  • SF Master
    • The Avenues Blog
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2010, 07:19:36 am »
I agree with coatseville ;)

Kuwaitis (I'm one, so I'm not being offensive or anything :P) think they're too good to work in a supermarket, or as a baby sitter, or as a security guard. They prefer working in the government buildings where they get paid, and they don;t do much work, play with wasta, have a cup of tea, and go home.

That's the painful truth in Kuwait (I dunno about other gulf countries, but I'm sure about Kuwait).

And if the government allows this messing around to happen? Why would the Kuwaitis say no, we got the money, let them give it to the Kuwaitis instead of donating to all the other countries no?

But it is bad, and when the oil runs out in 30 or 40 years, they'll be like oh sh*t :P

Kuwaitis have been raised on the fact that everything you want you get, well most of them are, go to any of the malls, 99% have blackberries or iPhones, 99.9% of th girls hold designer handbags, 97% of the boys wear designer polo shirts and t-shirts. 65% own a beach house or a ranch, 85% travel in the summer, 70% go to Dubai or Bahrain in weekends and short public holidays.

They're spoiled, Oprah did not lie when she said this “In Kuwait, Egyptians build the houses, the Indians clean the streets, the Filipinos raise their children, the Indonesians cook the food and the Americans handle defense while they just act like Paris Hiltons.”
Read my blog @ www.avenuesq8.wordpress.com

and follow me on twitter @ www.twitter.com/Q80BOY

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2010, 08:22:41 am »

Kuwaitis (I'm one, so I'm not being offensive or anything :P) think they're too good to work in a supermarket, or as a baby sitter, or as a security guard. They prefer working in the government buildings where they get paid, and they don;t do much work, play with wasta, have a cup of tea, and go home.

That's the painful truth in Kuwait (I dunno about other gulf countries, but I'm sure about Kuwait).

And if the government allows this messing around to happen? Why would the Kuwaitis say no, we got the money, let them give it to the Kuwaitis instead of donating to all the other countries no?

But it is bad, and when the oil runs out in 30 or 40 years, they'll be like oh sh*t :P

Kuwaitis have been raised on the fact that everything you want you get, well most of them are, go to any of the malls, 99% have blackberries or iPhones, 99.9% of th girls hold designer handbags, 97% of the boys wear designer polo shirts and t-shirts. 65% own a beach house or a ranch, 85% travel in the summer, 70% go to Dubai or Bahrain in weekends and short public holidays.

They're spoiled, Oprah did not lie when she said this “In Kuwait, Egyptians build the houses, the Indians clean the streets, the Filipinos raise their children, the Indonesians cook the food and the Americans handle defense while they just act like Paris Hiltons.”

You guys are rich. Thats very good. But the main problem is the dependency on oil I think.

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
  • Egyptian And so damn proud . I love you jesus!
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2010, 01:17:28 pm »

i wonder if oprah is still alive after she said that
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline Q80BOY

• SF Veteran
  • SF Master
    • The Avenues Blog
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2010, 01:36:32 pm »
haha Kimo u must have been away or something :P newspapers, radio shows, tv, blogs .. everyone attacked her :P

but some say that she did not say that ..

.. in my opinion if she said it or not .. it's right!!
Read my blog @ www.avenuesq8.wordpress.com

and follow me on twitter @ www.twitter.com/Q80BOY

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »
i wonder if oprah is still alive after she said that

Oh my! :o

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »
Kuwait is trying very hard to get out of the dependency on oil.

They are using the money earned to make investments that will help them in the future.

In doing so, such as buying land, they have really made a huge stack of finance for the future.

A lot like the UAE, it is keen on investment.

However, the main problem remains, although this may sound good, Kuwait cannot hope to back up all the oil revenue with its investments.