Author Topic: COPLANAR VECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLZZZZZZZZhey  (Read 3608 times)

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
COPLANAR VECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLZZZZZZZZhey
« on: November 29, 2009, 05:54:06 pm »
hello!
could anyone please explain to me what coplanar vectors are and how to find  the resultant and how to find the direction of the resultant .i have an exam in a week i need to know what exactly it is!!!!!rili appreciate your help
thx!
 ??? ???
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
Re: COPLANAR VECTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLZZZZZZZZhey
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:16:06 pm »
If they are coplanar then all three lie in the same plane. That means 2D

The resultant force is the sum of the component forces of vectors. So if you have a vector of magnitude 8 going left and another vector of 6 going right, the resultant will be 2 (8 - 6). Its -6 because it is going in the opposite direction.

Now with vectors at an angle you have to first find the vertical and horizontal components. You'll have pythagora's theorem. sin=o/h , cos=a/h , tan=o/a. Easy way to remember is SOH CAH TOA.

Once you have the vertical and horizontal components, add them together and use pythagoras theorem again to find the magnitude.

To find the direction, you can use TOA. You need have the vertical and horizontal components. tan@ = o/a
changes to @ = tan-1(o/a) , which is inverse tan with -1 at the top right of tan (you can find it on your calculator.

If you didn't understand it please say. And remember, google is your friend ;)

This site will help if you go through it http://s-cool.co.uk/alevel/maths/vectors-lines-and-planes.html

Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:40:59 am »
If they are coplanar then all three lie in the same plane. That means 2D

The resultant force is the sum of the component forces of vectors. So if you have a vector of magnitude 8 going left and another vector of 6 going right, the resultant will be 2 (8 - 6). Its -6 because it is going in the opposite direction.

Now with vectors at an angle you have to first find the vertical and horizontal components. You'll have pythagora's theorem. sin=o/h , cos=a/h , tan=o/a. Easy way to remember is SOH CAH TOA.

Once you have the vertical and horizontal components, add them together and use pythagoras theorem again to find the magnitude.

To find the direction, you can use TOA. You need have the vertical and horizontal components. tan@ = o/a
changes to @ = tan-1(o/a) , which is inverse tan with -1 at the top right of tan (you can find it on your calculator.

If you didn't understand it please say. And remember, google is your friend ;)

This site will help if you go through it http://s-cool.co.uk/alevel/maths/vectors-lines-and-planes.html

thankyou so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u were of great great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;)

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 11:26:11 am »
My pleasure :)

You doing your A-levels? Which ones?

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 02:45:12 pm »
My pleasure :)

You doing your A-levels? Which ones?

am doing AS physics , maths and ICT only *CIE*
which ones are you doing??

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:10:25 pm »
am doing AS physics , maths and ICT only *CIE*
which ones are you doing??

Hey! Maths, physics and business studies! Except im now doing full A-level for all of them. And I'm doing CIE as well!

I'm so screwed for business studies, cause i don't know anything at all  :)

But maths and physics are my faves maan ;)

The one tip I can give you is start studying early for the AS, do one question or so per day. Cause you do not want to start studying one month before the exam (i've had that experience and i regret it)

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:31 am »
Hey! Maths, physics and business studies! Except im now doing full A-level for all of them. And I'm doing CIE as well!

I'm so screwed for business studies, cause i don't know anything at all  :)

But maths and physics are my faves maan ;)

The one tip I can give you is start studying early for the AS, do one question or so per day. Cause you do not want to start studying one month before the exam (i've had that experience and i regret it)

i love maths i wish could do the full ALEVEL, but them am gonna need tuitionz:S:S
u were science and then u took buisness????if thats the case then yup it is hard i took buisness for like one week and then i dropped it ;D

anyways am kina of a nerdy girl :P so i finished all the pastpapers for maths already but thxxx!!! By the way does it happen that u have any notes for physics for AS????it would be rili helpful ":D

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 01:50:05 pm »
i love maths i wish could do the full ALEVEL, but them am gonna need tuitionz:S:S
u were science and then u took buisness????if thats the case then yup it is hard i took buisness for like one week and then i dropped it ;D

anyways am kina of a nerdy girl :P so i finished all the pastpapers for maths already but thxxx!!! By the way does it happen that u have any notes for physics for AS????it would be rili helpful ":D

Ye i have to pay tuition too. Sure it costs a lot, but its totally worth it if you love maths.

Oh man, business will be hard, but i hope to at least pass xD

Lol, already? You ARE nerdy :) i usually read from books but i have a few sites for physics

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/alevel/physics.html
http://www.easyphysics.net/index.htm
http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_tech/node1.html
http://www2.isb.ac.th/physics_isb/physisb/maindex.htm

I did the physics AS couple of weeks ago. It felt easy, but when i talked about the questions with my friend, he gave different answers. There are so many tricks, especially in the multiple choice. I messed up the practical real bad xD i might redo it in the spring.

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 03:51:00 pm »
Ye i have to pay tuition too. Sure it costs a lot, but its totally worth it if you love maths.

Oh man, business will be hard, but i hope to at least pass xD

Lol, already? You ARE nerdy :) i usually read from books but i have a few sites for physics

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/alevel/physics.html
http://www.easyphysics.net/index.htm
http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_tech/node1.html
http://www2.isb.ac.th/physics_isb/physisb/maindex.htm

I did the physics AS couple of weeks ago. It felt easy, but when i talked about the questions with my friend, he gave different answers. There are so many tricks, especially in the multiple choice. I messed up the practical real bad xD i might redo it in the spring.

;Di did my practical mock a week back and i screwed up!!!!!!! they are meant to make you screw up! but dont worry its all about the average  :)
i completely agree about the multiple choice very tricky indeed
ure websites are awesome!!! thx a bunch man!!!!

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:11 pm »
;Di did my practical mock a week back and i screwed up!!!!!!! they are meant to make you screw up! but dont worry its all about the average  :)
i completely agree about the multiple choice very tricky indeed
ure websites are awesome!!! thx a bunch man!!!!

quite alright my friend :)

where you from?

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:39 am »
quite alright my friend :)

where you from?

am from palestine but i live in the gulf and u?

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 02:24:09 pm »
am from palestine but i live in the gulf and u?

Wow nice

I'm in northern europe, Finland to be precise. It's supposed to be snowing, but it's due later. I can't wait!

I remember on my way to Korea having a connection flight in Dubai. When got out of the airport... dam it was hot! Like a heat wave :)

Oh i'm half british, half polish ;)

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:32 pm »
Wow nice

I'm in northern europe, Finland to be precise. It's supposed to be snowing, but it's due later. I can't wait!

I remember on my way to Korea having a connection flight in Dubai. When got out of the airport... dam it was hot! Like a heat wave :)

Oh i'm half british, half polish ;)

;D yep i live in dubai tell me about it, our winter is like finlands summer probably!!!
half british NYC!!!!!! i hope u have the accent! itz cool  O0

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 06:00:05 pm »
;D yep i live in dubai tell me about it, our winter is like finlands summer probably!!!
half british NYC!!!!!! i hope u have the accent! itz cool  O0

No dude, my accent is totally messed up thanks to living in finland for so long :(

My dad is thinking of us moving out cause the place we live in sucks :) but it would take a while cause the house is not sell-able yet lol

Finland is a totally anti-social place (ok you can talk, but it's not normal in a sense :S)

Oh and finland's population is super small, like 5.5 million, compared to its size (lol) but we have loads of lakes and trees. We aren't losing trees, we're regenerating them  8) it's the law for every tree you cut you plant one somewhere else xD

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 06:37:24 pm »
No dude, my accent is totally messed up thanks to living in finland for so long :(

My dad is thinking of us moving out cause the place we live in sucks :) but it would take a while cause the house is not sell-able yet lol

Finland is a totally anti-social place (ok you can talk, but it's not normal in a sense :S)

Oh and finland's population is super small, like 5.5 million, compared to its size (lol) but we have loads of lakes and trees. We aren't losing trees, we're regenerating them  8) it's the law for every tree you cut you plant one somewhere else xD

finland anti-social!!!!! u c due to the economic crisis i think everyone is perfectly speechless XD

u know wats rili gr8 about the European countries is that u could actually sit by a lake and just stare out into space , its a great blessing u people have, i went to france and i rili got mesmerized , i wish we could have that lot of trees in the gulf  :D