Author Topic: Computer : Men Vs Women  (Read 2773 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Computer : Men Vs Women
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:15:45 am »
A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.' 'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora' ), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador') , because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won  ;D

Q80BOY

Re: Computer : Men Vs Women
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:33:29 am »
haha nice one ..  :D

and ofcourse they won .. the teacher was a female .. if it was the opposite the boys would have won .. and i agree more with the boys! ;D

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:52 am »
still confused

the women's group won ???
or was the computer classified as a feminine gender

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:58:40 pm »
the 4th on the womans side was like ouch!  XD

That was real nice thanks!  :D :D
Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• Don't use profanity, it makes you seem uneducated.
  • SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:33 pm »
Hahaha!

True true!
except the last one :(

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 08:25:16 am »
Hahaha!

True true!
except the last one :(

Ye the last one is unrealistic

So did should have the guys won?

Offline Lana Wolf

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:36:18 am »
haha...i lykd it...  :P :P

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:57:02 am »
Ye the last one is unrealistic

So should have the guys won?

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:31:02 am »

2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

these are sooooo damn true lol
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Offline forkasha

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 12:35:33 pm »
like tht 1 rlly funny

Offline vakarian

• SF Immigrant
  • fighting ftw !
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 03:17:45 pm »
lool ,nice one ..

really liked the: We have to be turned on to do something .
Every thought why you reading this ?..

Offline happy angel

• SF Geek
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 03:56:20 pm »
i cnt deny the guys! bt i strongly agree wiv the females too ;) :P ::)

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
If Architects Had To Work Like Programmers...
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 06:36:49 pm »
Dear Mr. Architect:

Please design and build me a house. I am not quite sure of what I need, so you should use your discretion.

My house should have between two and forty-five bedrooms. Just make sure the plans are such that the bedrooms can be easily added or deleted. When you bring the blueprints to me, I will make the final decision of what I want. Also, bring me the cost breakdowns for each configuration so that I can arbitrarily pick one at a later time.

Keep in mind that the house I ultimately choose must cost less than the one I am currently living in. Make sure, however, that you correct all the deficiencies that exist in my current house (the floor of my kitchen vibrates when I walk across it, and the walls don't have nearly enough insulation in them).

As you design, also keep in mind that I want to keep yearly maintenance costs as low as possible. This should mean the incorporation of extra-cost features like aluminum, vinyl, or composite siding. (If you choose not to specify aluminum, be prepared to explain your decision in detail.)

Please take care that modern design practices and the latest materials are used in construction of the house, as I want it to be a showplace for the most up-to-date ideas and methods. Be alerted, however, that kitchen should be designed to accommodate (among other things) my 1952 Gibson refrigerator.

To assure that you are building the correct house for our entire family, you will need to contact each of my children, and also our in-laws. My mother-in-law will have very strong feelings about how the house should be designed, since she visits us at least once a year. Make sure that you weigh all of theses options carefully and come to the right decision. I, however, retain the right to overrule any decisions that you make.

Please don't bother me with small details right now. Your job is to develop the overall plans for the house and get the big picture. At this time, for example, it is not appropriate to be choosing the color of the carpeting. However, keep in mind that my wife likes blue.

Also, do not worry at this time about acquiring the resources to build the house itself. Your first priority is to develop detailed plans and specifications. Once I approve these plans, however, I would expect the house to be under roof within 48 hours.

While you are designing this house specifically for me, keep in mind that sooner or later I will have to sell it to someone else. It therefore should have appeal to a wide variety of potential buyers. Please make sure before you finalize the plans that there is a consensus of the potential homebuyers in my area that they like the features this house has.

I advise you to run up and look at the house my neighbor built last year, as we like it a great deal. It has many things that we feel we also need in our new home, particularly the 75-foot swimming pool. With careful engineering, I believe that you can design this into our new house without impacting the construction cost.

Please prepare a complete set of blueprints. It is not necessary at this time to do the real design, since they will be used only for construction bids. Be advised, however, that you will be held accountable for any increase of construction costs as a result of later design changes.

You must be thrilled to be working on as an interesting project as this! To be able to use the latest techniques and materials and to be given such freedom in your designs is something that can't happen very often. Contact me as soon as possible with your ideas and completed plans.

PS: My wife has just told me that she disagrees with many of the instructions I've given you in this letter. As architect, it is your responsibility to resolve these differences. I have tried in the past and have been unable to accomplish this. If you can't handle this responsibility, I will have to find another architect.

PPS: Perhaps what I need is not a house at all, but a travel trailer. Please advise me as soon as possible if this is the case.

Offline happy angel

• SF Geek
Re: If Architects Had To Work Like Programmers...
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 07:47:27 am »
Dear Mr. Architect:

Please design and build me a house. I am not quite sure of what I need, so you should use your discretion.

My house should have between two and forty-five bedrooms. Just make sure the plans are such that the bedrooms can be easily added or deleted. When you bring the blueprints to me, I will make the final decision of what I want. Also, bring me the cost breakdowns for each configuration so that I can arbitrarily pick one at a later time.

Keep in mind that the house I ultimately choose must cost less than the one I am currently living in. Make sure, however, that you correct all the deficiencies that exist in my current house (the floor of my kitchen vibrates when I walk across it, and the walls don't have nearly enough insulation in them).

As you design, also keep in mind that I want to keep yearly maintenance costs as low as possible. This should mean the incorporation of extra-cost features like aluminum, vinyl, or composite siding. (If you choose not to specify aluminum, be prepared to explain your decision in detail.)

Please take care that modern design practices and the latest materials are used in construction of the house, as I want it to be a showplace for the most up-to-date ideas and methods. Be alerted, however, that kitchen should be designed to accommodate (among other things) my 1952 Gibson refrigerator.

To assure that you are building the correct house for our entire family, you will need to contact each of my children, and also our in-laws. My mother-in-law will have very strong feelings about how the house should be designed, since she visits us at least once a year. Make sure that you weigh all of theses options carefully and come to the right decision. I, however, retain the right to overrule any decisions that you make.

Please don't bother me with small details right now. Your job is to develop the overall plans for the house and get the big picture. At this time, for example, it is not appropriate to be choosing the color of the carpeting. However, keep in mind that my wife likes blue.

Also, do not worry at this time about acquiring the resources to build the house itself. Your first priority is to develop detailed plans and specifications. Once I approve these plans, however, I would expect the house to be under roof within 48 hours.

While you are designing this house specifically for me, keep in mind that sooner or later I will have to sell it to someone else. It therefore should have appeal to a wide variety of potential buyers. Please make sure before you finalize the plans that there is a consensus of the potential homebuyers in my area that they like the features this house has.

I advise you to run up and look at the house my neighbor built last year, as we like it a great deal. It has many things that we feel we also need in our new home, particularly the 75-foot swimming pool. With careful engineering, I believe that you can design this into our new house without impacting the construction cost.

Please prepare a complete set of blueprints. It is not necessary at this time to do the real design, since they will be used only for construction bids. Be advised, however, that you will be held accountable for any increase of construction costs as a result of later design changes.

You must be thrilled to be working on as an interesting project as this! To be able to use the latest techniques and materials and to be given such freedom in your designs is something that can't happen very often. Contact me as soon as possible with your ideas and completed plans.

PS: My wife has just told me that she disagrees with many of the instructions I've given you in this letter. As architect, it is your responsibility to resolve these differences. I have tried in the past and have been unable to accomplish this. If you can't handle this responsibility, I will have to find another architect.

PPS: Perhaps what I need is not a house at all, but a travel trailer. Please advise me as soon as possible if this is the case.

god!!!!! if i were the architect i wud have surely learnt some new swear words n giv that guy a piece of my mind!!!!!! >:(

Offline M!sS UaE

• I Just (Love) Having (Fun)
  • SF Immigrant
  • Life is about having fun !
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »
hehehehe .. that's a gd 1
HELLO .. ladies r always 1st LOL
Take me to your heart take me to your soul
Give me your hand before I'm old
Show me what love is - haven't got a clue
Show me that wonders can be true