Author Topic: Flowchart depicting how to structure writing  (Read 2337 times)

0kelvin

Flowchart depicting how to structure writing
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:00:32 am »
I made it in portuguese first a long time ago, now I've translated it.

To the left it's a flowchart. The boxes represent paragraphs. The arrows represent the flow. The arrows flow both ways because what you say in one paragraph needs to be related to what is said in the next, ideas can be reused or recycled, just don't repeat yourself resaying the same thing with different words. The long arrows represent a "closed" text, what is said in the beginning has to come down to a conclusion in the end, otherwise the text is left open with unaswered questions or doubts.

To the right it's a jigsaw puzzle resembling an old MS Office logo  ::). It can be seen both as per paragraph and as the whole text itself. It represents how "thighly bounded" the ideas area, the connections between ideas, organization, ordered arguments.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:49:47 pm by 0kelvin »

Offline adrianabell

Re: Flowchart depicting how to structure writing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 12:32:05 am »
Thank you!
You have helped me a lot. In turn, I want to recommend a good resource. Tips For Starting an Indie Game Development Team.
If you have a passion for video games https://stepico.com/gaming/indie-game-development/ , you may be interested in becoming a writer for an indie game. Indie games are made by small teams that are based around the world. While some companies require writers to have experience in programming or designing games, some accept self-taught writers. If you have a degree in creative writing or English, you may want to consider studying to become a professional game writer.