Author Topic: Cambridge board o-level books needed  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Talibah

Cambridge board o-level books needed
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:59:20 pm »
Aoa/Hi

I am from Pakistan, and am going to start studying O-levels privately. Can anyone kindly recommend any books for the five compulsory subjects and sociology? On the cambridge board website there is a list of resources, but I was thinking if there are any standard books that cover the entire subject? Which books do you study in your respective schools?

thans in advance

Offline burhan94_94

Re: Cambridge board o-level books needed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:15:31 am »
Hey I have about 15 - 20 books for each subject.

ask for the subs and I will tell u ok?

Offline Talibah

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:18:52 pm »
15-20 books for each subject??? do you have to read them all? isn't there one book that covers the whole syllabus? We have this here in England, one or two books can cover the whole syllabus.

I am looking for the following subjects English Language, Islamiyat, Sciology, Urdu (as a first language), Pakistan studies, and Mathematics.

By the way do you know which module is the compulsory one for Maths, is it the additional Maths one or Maths D (calculator version).

Offline studious_einstienium

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
15-20 books for each subject??? do you have to read them all? isn't there one book that covers the whole syllabus? We have this here in England, one or two books can cover the whole syllabus.

I am looking for the following subjects English Language, Islamiyat, Sciology, Urdu (as a first language), Pakistan studies, and Mathematics.

By the way do you know which module is the compulsory one for Maths, is it the additional Maths one or Maths D (calculator version).

i'd recommend the more books u use the better...................
however the closest to the syllabus r :ENGLISH: general certificate of education english by ALAN ETHERTON and for grammar TARGET ENGLISH by same author. ISLAMIYAT:O'LEVEL  ISLAMIYAT BY DAVID THOMAS AND MUSTAFA DRAPER IS A MUST but it is brief so take either FARKHANDA NOOR'S OR YASMIN MALIK'S  for extra resources.URDU: O'LEVEL SYLLABUS A BY NASREEN SHAUKAT..... PAK. ST. PAP 1-HISTORY: EITHER TAKE HISTORICAL N CONTEMPORARY LOOK OF FAROOQ NASEEM BAJWA OR HISTORY CULTURE N GOVT. OF PAKISTAN BY NIGEL SMITH.... PAP 2-GEOG: ENVIRONMENT OF PAKISTAN BY HUMA NAZ SETHI AND FAZLE KARIM KHAN'S PAKISTAN: GEOGRAPHY,ECONOMY N PEOPLE. MATHS: THE SYLLABUS D BOOKS 1-4 COVERS THE SYLLABUS SUFFICIENTLY........( I dont take sociology),
i hope this helps....all the best.

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 02:37:22 pm »
yeah all those books are good and id like to add a couple more
for english the best is the gce o level revision guide by glover and rodway
and for second lang urdu its urdu syllabus b by amir waheed
sorry but i dont take sociology either
i hate A level...........

Offline burhan94_94

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:56:05 pm »
hahhhhahahahahah yah my bro collected all those books. and yeah u were right... one or two books covers the whole syllabus. but still I have got all of them. If u need help notes or any kind of guidance for o levels please add me, fieryfoxx@hotmail.com

I will soon be getting online. My other email id is burhan94_94@hotmail.com but I wont be adding anyone on msn from this id. ok?