Author Topic: subjects in a level  (Read 1195 times)

Offline cooldude

• SF Citizen
subjects in a level
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »
i was wondering if it's advisable to do further maths (cie) privately
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:28:18 pm by cooldude »

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: subjects in a level
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:08 pm »
It is highly regarded but is very difficult. Are ynt doing additional math for ig

Offline cooldude

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »
It is highly regarded but is very difficult. Are ynt doing additional math for ig

:( sadly no, my school didn't offer additional maths or i would've done it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:28:45 pm by cooldude »

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:10:16 pm »
I teach maths upm to degree level. It will be very hard for you to do further maths privately. I would advise you not to do it unless you are nuts about maths. When I did my degree I started at 8 in the morning and worked though until midnight. You have to be like that to do well if you are going to study maths privately. If you do though, ask any question on the forum and it shall be answered.

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:22:48 pm »
I teach maths upm to degree level. It will be very hard for you to do further maths privately. I would advise you not to do it unless you are nuts about maths. When I did my degree I started at 8 in the morning and worked though until midnight. You have to be like that to do well if you are going to study maths privately. If you do though, ask any question on the forum and it shall be answered.

Is it possible to finish the further maths syllabus and get an A grade by studying for four months from now. If I give further maths it will be in the Oct - Nov session. I had Maths in a levels, but I'll retake some subjects to make a stronger application before I apply to LSE.

Thanks.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 02:30:08 pm »
Big risk. I wouldnt do it

Offline matabd

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 06:05:44 am »
Lol .
Well i do Further Maths for CIE
but not privately, as in a whole 1 and a half year course.
@astarmaths: Its not that difficult :D

But yea, i would not recommend studying it privately, or over a short period of time. Cos honestly, it can take u sometimes 1 hour to just figure out a question. Unless u have a tutor or something, that would help.
and By the way: If you really want to do Further Maths, its actually recommended for the people who can get really high scores for the Maths A Level. So yea, if youre not super good in that, I would not risk doing Further Maths

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 08:33:13 am »
Lol .
Well i do Further Maths for CIE
but not privately, as in a whole 1 and a half year course.
@astarmaths: Its not that difficult :D

But yea, i would not recommend studying it privately, or over a short period of time. Cos honestly, it can take u sometimes 1 hour to just figure out a question. Unless u have a tutor or something, that would help.
and By the way: If you really want to do Further Maths, its actually recommended for the people who can get really high scores for the Maths A Level. So yea, if youre not super good in that, I would not risk doing Further Maths

Yah, I looked at the syllabus, the courseload isn't as huge as I thought it would be. I reckon if I give it time everyday it's quite possible. Yah I have a tutor, he did further maths in his a levels and got brilliant marks. So I think it's quite possible. Just need to practise a hell lot.