Author Topic: NEED HELP ON AS CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL - QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS  (Read 1145 times)

Offline pravin_5

NEED HELP ON AS CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL - QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:21:10 am »
HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS POST......THANKS FOR READING IT BY THE WAY!!!! ;)

qualitative analysis in chemistry has always been my problem(its not bcoz its hard but sometimes we wont get the expected results).....since in CIE as chemistry, its a definite question, i need some help or notes if possible on how to predict the types of gas  released in a chemical reaction....i mean i heard that we can PREDICT the type of gas that is possibly released in the reaction based on the colour of the ppt or the solution and  perform the particular test to ensure the presence of that gas first before testing for other type of gases. e.g. if the ppt formed is white in colour most probably CO2 is present.....this is of course a vague identification which enables us to save time if the particular gas is present.....another e.g. is that we must test for the presence for NH3 first, only if an aqueous solution is formed.......

Is this true????  ???if yes can anyone please provide me with relevant notes........i feel knowing this kind of simple predictions or i call it hypotheses can help us to save some times during practical examinations(we dont have to perform all the tests).  for test for presence of anions or cations we cant do anything of course....we just have to follow the instructions given.......  :) thanking you guys in advance!!!!!

Offline Light

• SF Immigrant
Re: NEED HELP ON AS CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL - QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:46 am »
actually, you will never know.theres no shortcut to experiment.have to conduct everything.If not,everyone will not be doing experiment.
practical depends on luck sometimes.Practice makes perfect.