Author Topic: IB English Material  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Kabobi

IB English Material
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:25:51 pm »
Does anyone have the IB Prescribed Book List (PBL) or the IB Prescribed World Literature List (PWL) for IB English A1? The ones that teachers use to construct courses.
I'm looking for the possible choices of books (from IB curriculum) that teachers can pick from for Juniors and Seniors.

Thank you in advance  ;D

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: IB English Material
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »
This sounds to me semi legal. like www.freeexampapers.com. I am prepared to fioght for this on the forum, but it may need to be restricted to upper classes of members. Say what you think.

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:11:52 am »
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it's going be difficult to acquire them and in the event of success, they will only be available to upper class members?

By the way, what are upper class members?

Is there anything I can do to help?  ;D thanks for the quick reply.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:26:56 am »
i want to provoke discussion.

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:58:42 pm »
Well, I don't see why IBO doesn't make these readily available so students can expect what curriculum they will be studying. Also, (and the reason that I want these) they could be handy to make sure that the teachers are actually following IBO standards so the students wouldn't be screwed in time for examinations. For example, in my situation, we are studying the most random books/authors while neglecting not only the classical cannon such as British lit and Russian lit, but also Byron, Whitman, etc. Therefore, I'm fairly certain that my teachers are not following the IB curriculum at all......and when I inquire as to the reason that we are not studying these classics, they tell me that they are not listed in the PBL and thus not in the curriculum, which sounds ridiculous to me. I personally think that my English teachers (who are teaching IB for the first time) have not even studied the classics so they have no idea how to teach it......

So all in all, I need these not only for my personal usage but also to make sure that the rest of my classmates are not screwed for the IB exams next year because we have not studied IB required/recommended materials.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 05:54:38 pm »
i will ask my ib students about this

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:54:47 pm »
My Ib student will try and get something on this. The greedy dicks at IBO want to chrage £14 for one.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:00:38 pm »
The forum has been disabled once because of copyright issues and freeexampapers has been disabled 4 times. I have realised the alternative route to all the exam papers on freeexampapers will be a file sharing site. Attempts have been made for the past 6 months to set one up, but the torrents are proving difficult to seed. It would be good if you could help.

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 09:18:29 pm »
My PC isn't on 24/7 but i could seed stuff if you want. My max upload speed is usually around 100 kB/s though.  So let me know.

I'm sure you've thought of this already but how about hosting the files on one/some the other file sharing sites around (ie. demonoid, piratebay, isohunt, etc.). That way you wouldn't have to deal with tracker management.
Or even rapidshare, megaupload, etc.(but they're not really reliable...)

If there is anything else you need help with, let me know and i'll see if i can help.  ;D

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 09:19:40 pm »
Yes can you download the actual tests just to check all is ok then I can start on some important files.

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 09:42:59 pm »
if i understand you correctly, you want me to directly download all the exams on freeexampapers.com ? I got some already so i can get the rest.  ;D

or are you talking about downloading them as torrents? Because i don't see them hosted as torrent files anywhere.....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:49:13 pm by Kabobi »

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:41 pm »
Download the actual tests torrent, top of the list, so I acn see it is seeding properly. Then more torrents will be uploaded.

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 10:30:08 pm »
Can you send me a direct link to the torrent download? lolz
I can't seem to find it on freeexampapers.com....

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:39 pm »

Offline Kabobi

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:19 pm »
Well, I've left the torrent running for more than 15 minutes and so far I havn't been able to establish a connection to the sole seeder.
There is actually another person attempting to download as well with no luck.
So i'm guessing there is some problem on the seeder's end. maybe firewall? because the tracker seems to be working.

I'm going to continue my attempts to download this, and I'm going to try it on my second pc as well, just to make sure.