Author Topic: What did Obama do to deserve the Nobel Peace prize?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: What did Obama do to deserve the Nobel Peace prize?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 02:30:51 pm »
the American right have no respect for the Nobel prize or the peace prize winners. As far as they are concerned the peace prize winners, if the are American are a bunch of lefties who don't kill enough foreigners. Obama will fail at peacemaking because of this prize he has won.

Q80BOY

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 02:45:25 pm »
so who do u think should get it?

at least that man is trying .. thats what im getting at .. who else is trying to create peace?

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 03:47:40 pm »
Liberal US Presidents never get anywhere. The Spanish King, who when there was an attempted coup 30 or so years ago, stepped in to make sure it failed, or the Dalai Llama - Has he won it already?

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
  • NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 10:48:43 pm »
Liberal US Presidents never get anywhere. The Spanish King, who when there was an attempted coup 30 or so years ago, stepped in to make sure it failed, or the Dalai Llama - Has he won it already?
apparently.. there have been many dalai lamas.. the most recent being the 14th(!) dalai lama and he is a nobel peace prize laureate..
and there was also two incredulous nominees for the nobel peace prize i found in wikipedia..

JOSEPH STALIN AND BENITO MUSSOLINI!!
lmao why not nominate hitler for the nobel peace prize :P :P
I swear exams are going to be the end of me someday

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 11:35:53 pm »
Believe it or not the italian Fa**ot prime minister silvio berlusconi has also been nominated.

Tell you what... If you nominate me, I'll nominate you.

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
  • NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 01:02:50 am »
Of course.  :D First time in Oslo, Nobel Prizegiving  ;D ;D
I swear exams are going to be the end of me someday

Offline Karan

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:15 am »
oh come one give barac a break .. atleast he's trying to make peace .. and its not only cause of that meeting .. he's also withdrawing his troops from Iraq and Afghanistan .. in addition to creating a friendly atmosphere with the muslim world .. he has gd intentions .. less than 9 months in the white house and look what he has done .. thats something gd u know ..

He's actually considering sending thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan, or AFPAK as the Americans have so imperiously renamed the Afghanistan-Pakistan region. I agree, I like Obama, and he's a trillion trillion times better than that retard Bush, but he's going the way of so many other good Presidents before him. He's still not really that committed to bringing peace to Palestine... he still has the Jewish voters to think of, and America has by no means stopped its policy of massive interference in the sovereign affairs of secular states worldwide. I don't think he's done enough for a Nobel Peace Prize, and the world is going to eat him alive if he doesn't live up to expectations now... it's sad though, he's a nice guy, and he never really wanted or expected it... I suppose it was a little cold up there in Scandinavia.

I agree though - Obama's efforts to create a fair and just world without racism is indeed laudable. He's done more to get rid of the hateful post-9/11 atmosphere than anyone else could have done, and in such a short period of time... like I said before, he just seems like a nice guy to me!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:53:19 am by Karan »
The desire for knowledge, like the thirst for riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 09:52:47 am »
Believe it or not the italian Fa**ot prime minister silvio berlusconi has also been nominated.

Tell you what... If you nominate me, I'll nominate you.

the one member who can cuss and diss as much as he wants.......  ::)

yea okay, where do i vote? :P

He's actually considering sending thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan, or AFPAK as the Americans have so imperiously renamed the Afghanistan-Pakistan region. I agree, I like Obama, and he's a trillion trillion times better than that retard Bush, but he's going the way of so many other good Presidents before him. He's still not really that committed to bringing peace to Palestine... he still has the Jewish voters to think of, and America has by no means stopped its policy of massive interference in the sovereign affairs of secular states worldwide. I don't think he's done enough for a Nobel Peace Prize, and the world is going to eat him alive if he doesn't live up to expectations now... it's sad though, he's a nice guy, and he never really wanted or expected it... I suppose it was a little cold up there in Scandinavia.

I agree though - Obama's efforts to create a fair and just world without racism is indeed laudable. He's done more to get rid of the hateful post-9/11 atmosphere than anyone else could have done, and in such a short period of time... like I said before, he just seems like a nice guy to me!

heeeeey!
finally found someone who shares my love ot excessive talking!  :D
well yea bout Obama winning the prize, cant remember if i said this already, but; Getting the prize now just degrades the prize and  puts excessive pressure on him. He is a pleasent soul, but he has not dont enough to earn it yet, at least.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:55:44 am by O.T.13. »
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »
A lot of failed promises and a hypocratic award awaits barack Obama. The hope that he gave to the world, will turn on him and despise him for eternity. They saw actions speak louder than words, but words are far more permanent, or this saying would have been gone. He has said to many great ones, with knowing incapability for them.

I used to look upto him as well, but now, he seems like hte biggest hypocrat thw world has ever seen. His legacy of hope, shall become a leagcy of illusion.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 01:35:19 pm »
He will fail. Liberals in America always fail.

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »
agreed...specially wen dey win very much undeserved nobel prizes =/
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.