Author Topic: How many SAT subjects?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline MissDE

• SF Citizen
How many SAT subjects?
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »

To get into a university, how many sat I and sat II subjects do i need?
What subjects are academically recommended more than the others?

Offline omega007

• SF Geek
Re: How many SAT subjects?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:35:40 am »
SAT I now known as the SAT reasoning test measures your critical thinking abilities through Critical reading, Mathematics and Writing. Each section is mandatory to take and has a score out of 800. If you're talking about how many times to take the SAT reasoning test, then I'd suggest once (with intensive preparation)
Most universities in the U.S. require this test as a component of your application

Now, as for the SAT II now known as SAT Subject test is subject specific and includes 5 categories: English, History, Mathematics, Science and Languages (R only or R/L). Most U.S. universities require 2 Subject tests (with the exception of Harvard, which requires 3). I recommend taking 3 subject tests in your area of competence and interest and then send the best two to them. For example: If you're competent in French and love Biology and want to study Mathematics, I'd recommend to take those three if you can excel in them. It wouldn't look nice for example if you take Physics (which you don't like) and end up with a very low score. The choice is up to you.  ;D

Hopefully this description helps. Feel free to ask any question you have.  ;D

Offline MissDE

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:33:26 pm »

oh!
thx a lot omega007, I'm really grateful!

but there is sth that i dnt get...

when I checked the centres, I knew that the exams date is May.1.2010 for instance..
How do students do 3 or 4 exams at once?

thx again.. :-*

Offline omega007

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:57:15 am »
You can take either the SAT Reasoning or SAT Subject test on any particular test date and not both. Talking about the SAT subject test, you can take up to 3 subjects in one test date.

Offline MissDE

• SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 02:35:03 pm »
thx :D