Author Topic: Psychology  (Read 4166 times)

Offline ~Mimi~

• SF Citizen
Psychology
« on: September 30, 2009, 06:28:47 am »
Hey everybody!

I was wondering if anyone here has taken Psychology A-levels before and could tell me regarding how difficult they found it, recommended books, etc?

Offline xxemoxx

Re: Psychology
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:52:29 pm »
Im taking AS psychology now..
For AS it has 20 core studies.. and you can always ask for my help if you want to.. though i have just started.. but its going nice.. we did 4/20 core studies yet.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:01:39 pm »
Im taking osychology too :D
sof ar just studied 3 expreiments, Milgram, D&K, and pilivian ..what bout u guys ?
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 01:18:00 pm »
im thinking of taking it in oct/nov 2010 after my may/june ones are over.  But ppl at my skool have prbbly never heard of this course!

do u think i could do it alone? is there like a proper textbook for it? or is it random?here and there.piece it together...?is it hard? do u like it till now Roxy and xxemoxx?

Lol, yeah.. in places like Saudi... no one takes psycholgy and stuff.. as long as you have a good teacher to teach you, or as long as you think you can study by urslef then thats oryt ia xD
We havent been given a text book, our teacher just gives us notes and stuff.. thats it really // and so far, so good.. but with 15 experiements to learn.. Im sure it;ll get harder..
andyway.. good luck :)
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Eamyzz

• SF Senior Citizen
  • No star can shine with a brocken heart =)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:52:32 am »
does any1 no any psychology teacher in Jeddah ??????? :-\
Live=Hope
Hope=Life
Life=Love
So,No life=No hope=DEATH
am alive =D

Offline xxemoxx

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:50 pm »
@ Roxy..
There are 20 core studies not 15.
We just complete Cognitive and Development.. [8 studies]
now started Social.. Milgram..

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:31:05 pm »
@ Roxy..
There are 20 core studies not 15.
We just complete Cognitive and Development.. [8 studies]
now started Social.. Milgram..

hmm.. that's odd.. our teacher said that there are 15.. are you doing OCR ?
umm.. we done with Milgram, Maguire, Pilliavin, Sperry, Demeent and Klietman, and Reicher and Haslam.
we;re nowon the experiments, observational methods and stuff..

Offline applesauce

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:14:35 am »
I did AS Psychology with CIE. I got a B, but only because I went with little to no preparation. I new only 2-3 studies REALLY well to attempt questions on them in Section B (you need to attempt like 3/4 10 marks questions on your chosen study). And I was SUPER lucky 'cause the studies I knew really well came up in Section B!

I am now doing A2 Psychology (Health and Abnormal), but I plan to give AS along with A2 in May June to get an A overall. :p

Offline PsychGirl

• Dream Big-Believe-Achieve
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 08:21:17 pm »
I did AS psychology last year and it's not that bad. Know at least 8 points for the description part of the study and then 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you'll be fine. Most strengths and weaknesses apply to all studies so that shouldn't be a problem.  Anyone writing A2 psychology Edexcel Unit 3 this Monday? what do you think will be the 12 mark question?

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 09:45:56 pm »
I did AS psychology last year and it's not that bad. Know at least 8 points for the description part of the study and then 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you'll be fine. Most strengths and weaknesses apply to all studies so that shouldn't be a problem.  Anyone writing A2 psychology Edexcel Unit 3 this Monday? what do you think will be the 12 mark question?
Last post made in this thread was 4 years ago. Posting here is useless.
Edexcel exam discussions take place here: https://studentforums.biz/index.php?topic=17305.0