Author Topic: IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL  (Read 2837 times)

Offline devilsadv

IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL
« on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:33 am »
Hi i want to do economics and history in college in the USA and was wondering whether i should take maths studies or maths SL? I was assuming that if i had missed something by taking Math studies i would be able to cover it in university however some ppl are saying that top universities wont even accept me if i havent done maths SL at the very minimum into their economics program. If any1 has any experience about this please help.

Offline sameer210394

• SF Citizen
Re: IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:32 pm »
Hi i want to do economics and history in college in the USA and was wondering whether i should take maths studies or maths SL? I was assuming that if i had missed something by taking Math studies i would be able to cover it in university however some ppl are saying that top universities wont even accept me if i havent done maths SL at the very minimum into their economics program. If any1 has any experience about this please help.

i have no experience but what were your grades in IGCSE or O-Level. i mean in IB only those students take Maths Studies who are extremely weak in Maths. Economics need graphical display and good calculations, i'm gonna apply for a business and economics college in UK. but in IB i'll be doing Maths HL with Further Maths SL. so no problem for me. but i think if u are really weak then try hard to work for Maths SL. maths studies will take you no were...

this is wat i think...
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:24:23 pm »
Yes math Sl is recmmended then math studies
My firend has asked wheather math studies is ok or not
they recommend math Sl
All ur dreams are made,when you're changed to a mirror and the razor blade!!!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:55:37 pm »
For eco you need as much maths as possible. Eco at uni has a lot of maths in it and will kill you dead at 50 paces if you are not good at maths.

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:52:58 pm »
For eco you need as much maths as possible. Eco at uni has a lot of maths in it and will kill you dead at 50 paces if you are not good at maths.
hahaha Devilsad ask the uni u're intrsted in
All ur dreams are made,when you're changed to a mirror and the razor blade!!!