Author Topic: No Arabic, only english  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
No Arabic, only english
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:39:55 pm »
Can i kindky request that no arabic be used in this forum, only english to be used.

master786

Re: No Arabic, only english
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:38 am »
and ur reason for tht ?

Offline X Abdulrahman X

• SF Farseer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:05:41 pm »
that will be quite hard since most ppl speak arabic, and anyways we dont speak arabic tht much, if u dont understand something u can just ask what it means or ask politely we dont speak arabic when u are around.
When they talk about me they say I be trippin
What they say about me doesn't make me mad 
I think they hatin cause they see me when I'm rollin
Man I can't help it that they really doin bad  =P

Big cars, Big wheels, Big chains, Big pimpin', Big money, Big Dreams ;-)

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:08:11 pm »
Exactly, only in Chit chat arabic is sometimes used

Monica

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:14:07 am »
If Arabic is stopped..other langauges will also be not allowed..We already have one whole thread in Urdu...

So If u dont really understand u could always ask the person talkin in Arabic,Urdu,Etc.... to Translate it for u...

:)

Offline baby_femme

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:39:55 am »
If Arabic is stopped..other langauges will also be not allowed..We already have one whole thread in Urdu...

So If u dont really understand u could always ask the person talkin in Arabic,Urdu,Etc.... to Translate it for u...

:)
I ditto that statement... Also The Dude 321  , you may use Arabic to English translators, it's available on the net for free... And if Arabic bothers you a lot, just don't mind it... Let's just respect everyone in this forum...

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 01:51:42 pm »
This is what I have to say,

Speaking in english is something that everyone in this forum can do. This is what I believe. So if you ask a person to translate what someone else says all the time, it is unfair as it causes the person inconvenience.

It is also unfair for anyone to ask him/her to waste their time on such things, when if everyone speaks in english it will be much easier, less watage of time and therefore the user can contribute more and stop nagging ppl for the translation.

Furthermore, the person who spoke the arabic is not always online, i understand that people like speaking in arabic, but perhaps in brakets they could also write the meaning.

This is becasue the forum needs to promote itself as an international forum, and if people start speaking in arabic and urdu, its reputation is damaged as it becomes the target of specific nationalities and not the entire world, so if we want to promote this forum, we have to speak in one language.

Becasue I believe that this forum helps students all over the world with advice and other things, i joined in because i believe in that, it is not the arabic or urdu forum for students, it is THE STUDENT FORUM. So in that case it has to sell that message, becasue I want this website to be ON TOP, in any search engine.

More importantly, it is not the disrespect that I am giving the arabs, i have some great frnds who are arabs, and a few freinds who can speak urdu, so I can understand in most cases, but what about the people what dont, what about the people who just knows english and the the post in arabic may be important.

Furthermore, other than the debate area, this has to have a 'minimum level of formality', you would not start saying ya-annii to a guys who does not know what it means, and thus keeping only one language will break barriers between international students.

zara

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 12:11:02 pm »
Certainly this is no arabic/urdu forum and an international one but let me clarify you one point that arabic/urdu is only being spoken in the chit chat section and nowhere else which causes no harm to any viewer of that topic in the sense of missing something important as you say since it is all the random talk and nothing really important which shouldnt be missed!

Yes if you find anyone speaking in other languages other than English outside this section you may complain!

Glad to see that you are a well wisher of this forum.

Thank you!

master786

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:16:40 pm »
The Dude 321...

ur suggestion will be taken into consideration...
if the language becomes a barrier at ny point in the educational forums.... we will take care of it ..

thank u for the suggestion :)

Offline past-papers

• Global Moderator
  • SF Geek
  • Assassin
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:57 pm »
We are going to make it a rule that if someone ask you to translate anything you have written in another language, you must do it for them in an accurate manner. This means that you can speak in whatever language you like, but be prepared to translate all your posts (or have a Moderator translate them instead).

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:10 pm »
We could set up sub forums for different languages. I dont know he you can stop people being free to do what they want.

Offline past-papers

• Global Moderator
  • SF Geek
  • Assassin
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 06:35:36 pm »
Sub-forums is a good idea. But we're not stopping anyone doing what they want. We're simply asking that those who want to talk in another language be kind enough to translate what they've written if they have been asked to do so.