Author Topic: Help Please !  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Nanavel

• SF Immigrant
  • Guide me God
    • | Nanavel |
Help Please !
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:23:36 am »
Hello ,

I wanted to know that if A.S level does accept students of any age .. I have a freind who's 12th grade certificate is 6 years old and she is now 26 years old .. she planned to go to university but that university told her to take A.S level exams first because of her old 12th grade certificate or report card >> whatever it is called . she will do her A.S level in Home not in school.

I was wondering if she will be accepted or not by A.S level system ??

do u people have any Idea ??

Please answer , we should register in these days so that we can prepare papers and all for registeration ?

Thankyouu

We are in Kuwait By the way . :D
We Live In a Wild Peace

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Help Please !
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:48:42 am »
Hey nanvel how are you studies going? I think she should be accepted for AS levels and cant see any probs.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:01:45 am »
no i think der is an age barrier but im not sure why dont u contact the british council
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:15:32 am »
If there is an age barrier definitely it would not be set by the british counvcil. Maybe by the school, but I have heard of people of all ages taking a levels everywhere.

Offline Nanavel

• SF Immigrant
  • Guide me God
    • | Nanavel |
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:32:25 am »
Thankyouu for your replies .. as long as she is going to study home it wouldnt be a problem >> i tried to contact the british council here but the lines are busy dunno why ..

Me and my sister (emii) we both got our results back of IGCSE >> I got  >> Maths , chemistry , Information technology >> B
                                                                                                 >> English , accounting >> C
                                                                                                 >> Biology , business >> D
My grades are very average ..

My sister she got                                                                         >> biology , chemistry , Information technology >> A*'s
                                                                                                >> physics , maths , english >> B

we both studied togather and harder ... but i wasnt sleeping at all >> could be a reason why my grades are lower then hers .. It doesnt matter now =___=" as long as i am passed !

you tought it would be better to do A.S levels first then go to university >> My plans change to that way too !

thanxxx
We Live In a Wild Peace

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:35:29 am »
I def should do A levels. Uni is 3 steps up from igcse and you are almost certain to fail unless you do A levels.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 01:40:23 pm »
I def should do A levels. Uni is 3 steps up from igcse and you are almost certain to fail unless you do A levels.
astar i wanna do bsc in chem culd u temme wht subjects shuld i take for a-levels im doin jus one year
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 03:56:53 pm »
maths phys chem. I think you do A levels in 2 years cos only that will properly prepare you for uni

Offline Nanavel

• SF Immigrant
  • Guide me God
    • | Nanavel |
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:31 am »
Do u know what is the Difference between CIE and Edexcel  AS-level ?? which one is preferable ?
We Live In a Wild Peace

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:20:46 am »
Edexcel is easier but cie is better

Offline funky

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 05:42:14 am »
Hello ,

I wanted to know that if A.S level does accept students of any age .. I have a freind who's 12th grade certificate is 6 years old and she is now 26 years old .. she planned to go to university but that university told her to take A.S level exams first because of her old 12th grade certificate or report card >> whatever it is called . she will do her A.S level in Home not in school.

I was wondering if she will be accepted or not by A.S level system ??

do u people have any Idea ??

Please answer , we should register in these days so that we can prepare papers and all for registeration ?

Thankyouu

We are in Kuwait By the way . :D

hey m not sure but i think that there is a barrier for age in a levels

as if u go to the cie websoite u casn clearly see that a levels syllabus ius for a certain age gruop
do chewk it out urself and best of l;uk :)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:18 am »
There is no such barrier, there is a barrier at IG but none as AS...