Author Topic: Capital punishment or life sentence for heinous crimes  (Read 1329 times)

nid404

Capital punishment or life sentence for heinous crimes
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:04:08 am »
I believe in capital punishment than life sentence

In a country like India, where I live, it takes years to convict criminals and bring them to justice..the judicial systme is such...very slow

And all these years, taxpayers pay for the criminal's food and hygiene...in a developing country where revenue from tax should e used for more constructive things- like infrastructure and food distribution, new farming methods and a better education system

Why waste the money of the taxpayers in paying for the needs of a guilty man?? Furthermore, security is a major problem in Indian jails...criminals have escaped so many a times..we are wasting our energy and time on culprits and their well being for the many years they will spend in jail..

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Capital punishment or life sentence for heinous crimes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:34:05 am »
Do you know what percentage of convicted people are probably innocent?

nid404

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:25:48 am »
people are to be convicted with enough evidence...people do not just receive death penalty for nothing The 2003 gateway blasts accused were convicted a few days back. The blasts in Zaveri bazaar and gateway killed 54 people and injured 244 others. That day my dad was near the blast site...few hours before the blast..what would i have done if i lost my father??? the convicts were exceptionally cruel and had total disregard for human lives. There was enough evidence to convict the trio. Many children became orphans that day and now the terrorist woman cries that convicting her would be cruelty and her daughter would be orphaned...what abt all those kids she didn't care about while planning the attack. When there are witnesses and evidence.. the judiciary shouldn't waste time.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:42:42 am »
Anyone convicted by the press is probably innocent. You will probably end up killing all the afghans or gypsies in your country.

nid404

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:27:16 pm »
that does not happen..

Who said the press convicts...we r all waiting for ajmal aamir kasab to be convicted...the press convicted him way back in nov..CCTVs show so much, so many witnesses...moreover when he is agreeing to all the charges against him....he should be given death immediately...why waste time, energy and ppls money on his food, electricity in his special cell,etc. He receives special treatment cuz we need to take care that he doesn't harm himself...so that the trial proceeds smoothly...but the maniac deserves death..he open fired at so many ppl..police officers who caught him testified, CCTVs prove his crime, railway authorities and injured testify...what more?? still keep him in jail and feed him using our money when so many here don't get a day's meal....he gets everything for free...

when 1 lives in the UK,US or other developed nations things are different...the country is developed and can afford to have life sentence as a punishment but here we can't. I have lost too many ppl in these terror attacks....just lucky enough not to lose my father...lemme tell u one more thing...we had a series of train  blasts in 2007....my mother was in one of the trains where the blast happened...she was safe but we couldn't get her cus the phone lines were jammed...we all panicked so much until she finally came home -she saw dead bodies, the worst dead bodies one could ever imagine ..she could not sleep for days after that..today nobody feels safe

When I go to college by train today....i always look under the seats and all around to see if some unclaimed luggage is around...i fear it's a bomb...

The wrong doer needs to be punished......in the same way as he killed ppl and mentally tortured innocent families
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:44:18 pm by nid404 »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 03:47:11 pm »
The press is just another interest group, they have their own agendas. I understand that you may have hatred for this man, and often the press is right.

In my own oppinion, Death scentence should be there I believe that just dying is better than suffering of the rest of your life.

Moreover, i do find the death scentence a harsh thing to do even for the most hainous crimes, so i believe that the victim or their relatives should be able to forgive the person.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 08:28:23 pm »
A good percentage of convicted people are actually innocent. Dont kill them.