Author Topic: Help, Complaints and Suggestions...  (Read 1617 times)

Offline videodude

Help, Complaints and Suggestions...
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:52:35 am »
Well, I think I have all three  :)

I'm fairly new to torrents and have only used a few specialized, and private, trackers.  Also, while I have 30+ years experience with computers and online since 150 baud, I don't use many forums.  So, I had problems logging in here.  I have never used a tracker or website that requires a separate sign-up for the forums.  After I posted on the shout page and my account came back as "good", I had to look for "user error".  I could not log into forums since I hadn't created a separate account.  My suggestion is to state this somewhere for those of us who are not familiar with separately hosted sites and forums. 

My complaint has to do with the fact that my upload does not record thus my ration is at 0.00.  My client shows accurately but neither of my browsers can get your tracker to show my actual data amounts.  So, I don't know what my ratio is.  Without that vital information, I'm at a disadvantage.  I did receive a email warning about brining my ration up to .20 or better but I don't know what your system actually shows.  Do you show a ration of other than 0.00 for my account? 

I'm seeding everything, except  the one failure, that I've down loaded.  I think it is three files and less than 3Gb.  The problem seems to be a lack of users.  It appears as if about 4,000 people are using this site to get one BBC documentary and aside from that only about 10 members are seeding aside from the admin on just one other file.  The gross number of torrents seems to be admin seeded only. ???

As a matter of principal, I'd like to avoid banning.  So I need help.  If I seed my few files, the system doesn't register and the member ship is a micro size....how am I to succeed in being a good uploader?   ???

Thanks,
-Videodude.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Help, Complaints and Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 05:49:28 am »
Just keep seeding for the moment and wait for the next software upgrade. Demonoid have a separate forum so our system is not unique

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Help, Complaints and Suggestions...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:51:45 am »
The site is only a few months old and some torrents, like the bbc one are tracked externally