Author Topic: Popularity of this website  (Read 2625 times)

Offline milton

Popularity of this website
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:48 am »
First off, I loved this site. Though my school keeps a huge collection of Past Papers, not all departments do this, and I've found that FEP's collection is more complete. I'm an IB student myself.

I noticed that people are celebrating that this site is getting more and more hits.

To me though, this is bad. The further up this site goes on google list, the higher the attention it gets. Soon, teachers are going to sniff out what's going on and change their mock examination strategy, which isn't good for the people who rely on cheating to get good scores (I am not one of them, and if you don't believe me, it's your choice).

What's more important is that the big corporate loonies in the exam boards are going to take notice. When their profits are declining because less and less people are buying their rip-off exam sales (though Edexcel made the honorable decision and made all their papers free 2-3 months back), they're going to be more inclined to hire a team of lawyers, or even hackers, to take the site down. I'm looking at you, bastards of College Board and ETS.

EDIT: Where do you get your past papers anyways?

EDIT2: This might interest you:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4031084/Past_IB_Papers_(2000-2007)

I'm trying to find the blog of a dude that had all the exam papers, but I lost the link :/

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:33:45 am by milton »

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Popularity of this website
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:44:40 pm »
Thanks. When the databse was built all the papers were on the internet anyway. I already know about the blog you mentioned, though I have lost the link, else I would put it up, but as far as I know the papers were downloaded and should be up soon.  The torrent was downloaded earlier this year. As for everything else, I know the site is recommended by a lot of teachers. Compared to blackpapers or xtremepapers, www.freeexampapers.com justt not push the advertising in your face, and I hope still, they reply to emails, and try to get papers if they are requested.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:48:51 pm »
As for the exam boards, the site has been disabled 3 times and  attacked by robots, I personally have emails and letters, AND WWW.FREEEXAMPAPERS.COM IS STILL UP!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:55:52 pm by astarmathsandphysics »

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
    • The Education Directory
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:46 am »
you know who gets in more trouble for murder? a millionaire or a begger? the begger not the millionaire, if FEP has more hits then they will be making more money, and exam boards will have no chance against them. Laws can be twisted to serve your purpose...
I don't really encourage, nor discourage them. i am just being realistic.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:33:26 am »
I don't believe the boards can take www.freeexampapers.com down. I think it is making enough money now to rent a really high spec offshore server, and could build eventually a database with 100000s of papers.