Author Topic: Student Forum and FEP's Report (Before 2009's Update)  (Read 4617 times)

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
Student Forum and FEP's Report (Before 2009's Update)
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:35:51 pm »
Dear members,
After taking many of the members' opinions in addition to the moderators and adminstrators, I produce this report to show what do SF and FEP needs for being updated this summer.
So here I summarise the opinions into points:

Student Forum:
1- New themes, this was suggested by many members by the approval of the adminstration too.
2- New graphics, resources, pictures...etc, as this will make our forum more interesting, attractive, and eye catching.
3- A chat room, which is really needed in such a forum, we used to have one but it was so slow and not working properly, so a good, fast one is needed.
4-New emoticons, to be used by the forum's users, the ones like in the freeetextbooks are good.
5-Modifying the REP system, in which it let the user give a reason for -REPing or +REPing a member. But as it's not preferable by many of the members, so it's better to cancel it.
6-The ability to apply attachements in messages, and this is recommended alot as we face some problems when we want to attach something to someone in a message.
7-Spell checker, this feature will be nice and unique and will be a good idea while posting.
8-Adding a drawing tool, which will make the members able to draw something while posting as many subjects require that.
9-Adding a scientific calculator when making posts as it'll be great for members.
10-Expanding the amount of attaching per post as this will reduce many troubles that might occur to the members, increasing it to 16MB will be good.
11- Changing in the membergroups and make them more than this will be more interesting and remarkable.
12- Making new competitions weekly or monthly and giving prizes just to make the forum becomes more enjoyable and better.
13- Reducing the number of advertisements on the forum would be great, or just changing them to be more helpful or useful to the members.
14- Adding and modifying the games on the Arcade which is going to be chilling in the summer!
15- Modifying the ban system and the ban triggers as we face problems when banning anyone.
16- Increasing the security level in the forum, so that it will be a safer place.

I think this is everything I got, if you have anything else to say please tell me I can put it here immediately.

FEP:
1-New theme and design, a modern look, more colours to make it more attractive for people wanting past papers.
2-Changing the way papers are listed, to make to more easier for users to navigate through.
3-Changing the font and the size of it so it can be good and easily read.
4-Images from the boards or anything else is required so that not getting confused(Sometimes).
4-Reducing the numbers of advertisements on FEP as it becomes annoying sometimes.

Again, this is everything I got for FEP, once again if you got anyhing else to suggest please tell me so that I can add it immediately.

By this, I hope both SF and FEP will be better the upcoming year, and they both become the first student forum and the biggest past papers website. For that to be done, we need all the co-opeartion from all the members, as together we'll make our forum the best no doubt.
Special thanks to all the members who said their suggestions and complaints, we really appreciate it. Also ofcourse to the adminstration and my team for their hard work to make sure everything is going on well.

SF and FEP way to goo..!

Yours Sincerely,
sweetsh/ SF's Adminstration
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:33:15 pm by sweetsh »

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
Re: Student Forum and FEP's Report (Before 2009's Update)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »
Nice!
I think when you get +Reped & -Reped, u should know who had done it...jus' a suggestion
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »
Yes we mentioned it

Offline aidanhs

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 01:46:37 pm »
How about a little reccomendation message (just below the 'Maximum attachment size allowed') telling people good places to upload files if theirs is too big (say I've got a 40MB video or something).

E.g. 'If your file is too big to attach, try uploading it to Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) or 2shared (http://www.2shared.com/)'

I just chose those two because they don't need registration.

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:17 pm »
How about a little reccomendation message (just below the 'Maximum attachment size allowed') telling people good places to upload files if theirs is too big (say I've got a 40MB video or something).

E.g. 'If your file is too big to attach, try uploading it to Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) or 2shared (http://www.2shared.com/)'

I just chose those two because they don't need registration.
& zippyshare (http://www.zippyshare.com/) or zshare (http://www.zshare.com/)
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:49 pm »
Big files can be put on freeetextbooks.com. Unlike the sites mentioned above we will not delete it for copyright crap

Q80BOY

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »
so when does the implementation start?

Offline past-papers

• Global Moderator
  • SF Geek
  • Assassin
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »
I think we need a system whereby we have a 'paper donation bank'

People who have past papers/ ms's that we do not currently have should be able to donate their papers, on mass (so not one paper at a time) here. And people who upload a lot of papers should be rewarded for what they have done: we can decide on rewards later.

At the moment, it is difficult for other people to contribute to giving us past papers, as the FEP uploader only allows one file to be uploaded at a time.

Q80BOY

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »
past-papers: but doesnt that mean it becomes slower to upload?

but the rewards thing is a nice idea  :)

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 02:56:43 pm »
They could put them in 2 zip file and send them to me. I will ask the programmer for any ideas

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 02:57:16 pm »
What do you think to post a nice comment about the report?! =\

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 03:07:31 pm »
Most of it we can do. The ads have to stay as they are for now until we get some good ads for ourselves.

Offline hdbkiwi

• SF Geek
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:27:55 pm »
For the SF- as a lot of people are masters now, and this is a long term project, perhaps it would be cool to make new ranks-ranks up to 50,000 or some other number :)
Excuse me... have you seen my sanity... I think I lost it. ;)

rfi

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 04:16:57 am »
hey i was thinking... all of the exam papers you get online are the proper electronic ones... many times, people want the older ones, which werent distributed electronically. i have a lot of old past papers, as do most students. the reason why i dont upload them is because i dont have the time to scan them all in. im sure if there was a little bit of recognition, not necessarily a reward, just saying thank you shariq for the past papers (yes i am now above privacy-i dont need it because i am such a good boy n stuff).

yeah.

know what i mean?
anyways, i wont be able to do it now, as most of my old past papers are filled up. but i could get some from other newer students if there really is a need for them. you know, like "we need computer studies paper 2 june 93" or whatever.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 07:59:21 pm »
I am open to this. What about free ads or links if you have a website?