Author Topic: A* calculation anyone????  (Read 1162 times)

ADIN

A* calculation anyone????
« on: June 05, 2009, 03:26:38 pm »
Guys I want to know how they calulate A*s cause im a bit tensed especially since my chem and phy p3 dint go too well. I live in India and CIE has started giving percentages to students in India so I wanted to know whether for an A* you HAVE to get a 90% or above overall for each subject? Also, my chem and physics coursework went really well (19/20 and 20/20) and if i do well in the MCQ and get an A* in that, can i still get an A* overall (even with only 2A*s out of the 3 components)?

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
Re: A* calculation anyone????
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:31:04 pm »
Well from what I know, an A* is an overall calculation not a component calculation. So it doesn't matter how you did on each paper, it's just a matter of a total calculation.

I'm not quite sure though.

Offline iluvfep

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:03:27 pm »
Hey, I am not sure if this method is accurate. But usually an A* star's dependency is upon an overall result so I believe you have to score more than 80-85 percent in all the papers of a subject this gets you an A*.Atleast that's wht my teachers told me... And you also need something called an overall intitratic weightage of above 15, even I dont know wht that means... Just tellin u wht I know!

Offline joel

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »
Hay ADIN i live in India too. I have never  heard that CIE gives % ??
Which School do you go to??