Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46921 times)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #330 on: June 07, 2009, 09:46:18 am »
does anyone know why the answer for nov02,ppr3, 2 a)i was motor neurone????
yes its a motor neuron..

but motor neurone has body cell around it..?
what about sensory neurone?

its a motor neuron because the cell body is at the tip, it has many dendrites on the cell body.. and only the axon is myelinated...

whereas ffor sensory neuron.. both the dendrite and the axon are myelinated, the body cell is attaced to one fibre.. its sumwhere in the middle.. but never at the tip or end..

check out their pictures on google that'll make it easier to understand
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline cool_dude

• SF Immigrant
  • don't worry..be happy
« Reply #331 on: June 07, 2009, 09:47:45 am »
does anyone know why the answer for nov02,ppr3, 2 a)i was motor neurone????
yes its a motor neuron..

but motor neurone has body cell around it..?
what about sensory neurone?

arghh..why my revision book says thats sensory neuron.??..
k thanks..

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2009, 09:50:17 am »
hey guys thx fr d help gt 1 more q fr u all
suggest y we r aware of the blind spot when both eyes r open
cud u rephrase ur question i didnt reli get that..
srry d q is why we r nt aware of d blind spot when bth eyes r open
n ya 247 sports yr ans does make sum sense bcz i dnt knw nething abt this

sporty's right.. we're not aware of the blindspot at all because there are absolutely zero receptors that are sensitive to light on that area.. so if any light shines and falls on our blindspot we wont be able to see it..

tat's why sumtimes when ur at the store and u have a friend or maybe ur mum with u standing just behind u to ur left or right slightly.. and u look back and talk to them for a sec and then look front.. u still think that they're there.. when infact they went off to get some icecream and you end up talking with ur face facing the front to air cause they're not there..  erm.. i dunno how i can make this explaination work.. but i hope u get wat im trying to say..

Offline Smokethetree

« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2009, 09:51:34 am »
Wat do they mean when they say

- describe the importance of gaseous and solute diffusion, and of water as a solvent

appreciate ur help

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:44 am »
hey guys thx fr d help gt 1 more q fr u all
suggest y we r aware of the blind spot when both eyes r open
cud u rephrase ur question i didnt reli get that..
srry d q is why we r nt aware of d blind spot when bth eyes r open
n ya 247 sports yr ans does make sum sense bcz i dnt knw nething abt this

sporty's right.. we're not aware of the blindspot at all because there are absolutely zero receptors that are sensitive to light on that area.. so if any light shines and falls on our blindspot we wont be able to see it..

tat's why sumtimes when ur at the store and u have a friend or maybe ur mum with u standing just behind u to ur left or right slightly.. and u look back and talk to them for a sec and then look front.. u still think that they're there.. when infact they went off to get some icecream and you end up talking with ur face facing the front to air cause they're not there..  erm.. i dunno how i can make this explaination work.. but i hope u get wat im trying to say..

this is what i learnt fer the proper explaination fer us not being aware of our blind spot.

when we look at a blank wall, on that wall there is a real tiny black spot for our eye.that spot can't be formed as an image in our brain because it falls on the blind spot but our brain interprets that spot n fills it up so we see it as a whole image n not an image with a dot. the spot is there, we re jus "fooled" by the brain in to imaging as its not there
live life like you'll never die but don't die like you never lived but then again its a saying n i don't believe in saying much so jus forget it . . .

Offline Kim

• here comes trouble!=D
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:05 am »
ok many ppl get confused with motor and sensory nuerone so here is way u can remember them
motor nuerone is like ur hand the cell body the hand dendrites rthe finger and ur arm the myelin sheath
and the other one would be sensory
tell me if this helps?. ;)
After all is said and done, more is said than done.

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:43 am »

- describe the importance of gaseous and solute diffusion, and of water as a solvent

appreciate ur help
erm i dont reli understand ur question but i'll give it a shot..

Okay gaseous diffusion is obviously important because... *drum roll* we need to breathe!!!! if we dont breathe we DIE!!!

oh and plants need CO2 as well..

pretty much just mention that gaseous diffusion is important because
a) in plants CO2 is needed for photosynthesis and O2 is given out as a by product so that we humans can breathe.. If there is no CO2 being diffused into the leaf via gas exchange then no photosynthesis occurs, no photosynthesis no food, no food plant die, if die no oxygen given out thus WE DIE..

b) for humans its cause we need oxygen for out body cells to respire and produce energy.. we also need gaseous diffusion (alveoli n body cells) so that the by product of respiration which is CO2 can be diffused out since it is not needed in our body... if no CO2 is Diffused out, the levels will build up and in turn again WE DIE

Solute diffusion im guessing willhaev to do with plants... Its about the uptake of mineral ions in the soil i think.. Correct me if im wrong.. But this will haev to do with the fact that plants will need nitrates and magnesium ions so that the leaves will be able to make protein and manesium is needed to make the green pigment chlorophyll.. if it cant diffuse the nutrients.. then it cant make protein.. n magnesium cant produce chlorophyll which means plant cant make food.. and it DIES

now water as a solvent..
water is needed for various chemical reactions in our body.. We need water for metabolic reactions because the minerals and other stuff dissolve in water. When they dissolve in water this enables enzymes to react with them breaking them down into smaller more soluble molecules so tat our body can take them up and partake in the glorious consumption to make us grow, live breathe etc..
and once again if we no water.. we dehydrate.. no metabolic reactions.. WE DIE!!!!!

hope u got that.. :)

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2009, 10:02:35 am »

appreciate ur help

with the help of gaseous diffusion in our body, we are able to breath in oxygen n breath out carbon dioxide as oxygen diffuses thru the alveoli wall n combines with the haemoglobin of the red blood cell in the capillaries.

with the help of solute diffusion, our body is able to remove urea in the kidneys or reabsorb required amount of water in the kidneys.

water acts as a solvent as it dissolves glucose in it for respiration to take place so that energy is release in the form of A.T.P. water also absorbs heat when sweat is produced in vasodialation and evaporates causing a cooling effect that cools the body.

i hope all this helps tk
live life like you'll never die but don't die like you never lived but then again its a saying n i don't believe in saying much so jus forget it . . .

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2009, 10:04:05 am »

appreciate ur help
erm i dont reli understand ur question but i'll give it a shot..

Okay gaseous diffusion is obviously important because... *drum roll* we need to breathe!!!! if we dont breathe we DIE!!!

oh and plants need CO2 as well..

pretty much just mention that gaseous diffusion is important because
a) in plants CO2 is needed for photosynthesis and O2 is given out as a by product so that we humans can breathe.. If there is no CO2 being diffused into the leaf via gas exchange then no photosynthesis occurs, no photosynthesis no food, no food plant die, if die no oxygen given out thus WE DIE..

b) for humans its cause we need oxygen for out body cells to respire and produce energy.. we also need gaseous diffusion (alveoli n body cells) so that the by product of respiration which is CO2 can be diffused out since it is not needed in our body... if no CO2 is Diffused out, the levels will build up and in turn again WE DIE

Solute diffusion im guessing willhaev to do with plants... Its about the uptake of mineral ions in the soil i think.. Correct me if im wrong.. But this will haev to do with the fact that plants will need nitrates and magnesium ions so that the leaves will be able to make protein and manesium is needed to make the green pigment chlorophyll.. if it cant diffuse the nutrients.. then it cant make protein.. n magnesium cant produce chlorophyll which means plant cant make food.. and it DIES

now water as a solvent..
water is needed for various chemical reactions in our body.. We need water for metabolic reactions because the minerals and other stuff dissolve in water. When they dissolve in water this enables enzymes to react with them breaking them down into smaller more soluble molecules so tat our body can take them up and partake in the glorious consumption to make us grow, live breathe etc..
and once again if we no water.. we dehydrate.. no metabolic reactions.. WE DIE!!!!!

hope u got that.. :)
LOL WE GOT DT AODIAN...WE WILL ALL DIE  :P
HAAHAHAHAHAHH NYC Thanks By the way

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2009, 10:06:14 am »
 AODIAN's explanations rite as well i was thinking only n only body :P

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2009, 10:23:45 am »
erm guys.. whats myelin for again?

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #341 on: June 07, 2009, 10:25:51 am »
myelin is basically a cover for any type of neurone
it insulates the electrical impulses so thereore the message transmit faster
it maily made up of proteins n fat  :)
hope i answerd ur ques

Offline Kim

• here comes trouble!=D
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2009, 10:26:32 am »
erm guys.. whats myelin for again?
it insulate the nuerone to make the transmission of impulses more effective

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2009, 10:28:11 am »
AHHH YESSS!!! Now it came back to me :D Thx a bunch you lil squirells!

Offline Kim

• here comes trouble!=D
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2009, 10:31:01 am »
AHHH YESSS!!! Now it came back to me :D Thx a bunch you lil squirells!
no  problem papa squirell!!!!!!hehe