Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46880 times)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »
check two pages back.. or three.. or four.. lol if u have the time to waste
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2009, 07:02:12 pm »
ok guys since no one's asking questions lemme pull one out of the air... which are the organs that take place in chemical digestion n the organs that take place in mechanical digestion... n whats the difference between chemical n mechanical digestion

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2009, 07:05:03 pm »
ok guys since no one's asking questions lemme pull one out of the air... which are the organs that take place in chemical digestion n the organs that take place in mechanical digestion... n whats the difference between chemical n mechanical digestion

Well, mechanical digestion, is like ingestion- eating, chewing..right?
and chemical, takes place in the gut.. so
 organis involves..

-mechanical- tounge (is than an organ?) Mouth? Teeth? hahah
-chemical- oesaphagus,stomach, large intestine, small intestine.. hmm?

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2009, 07:09:53 pm »

Well, mechanical digestion, is like ingestion- eating, chewing..right?
and chemical, takes place in the gut.. so
 organis involves..

-mechanical- tounge (is than an organ?) Mouth? Teeth? hahah
-chemical- oesaphagus,stomach, large intestine, small intestine.. hmm?

mechanical digestions is the breaking down of the food from big pieces into smaller pieces so..
there's actually two organs that are involved in this the teeth(mouth whicever u prefer) and also the stomach since the stomach has a churning movement..

chemical digestion is the breaking down of large molecules present into smaller ones so that they can be absorbed by the body.. pretty much like sucrose to glucose etc..
chemical digestion happens by the help of enzymes.. n also u have to remember that the mouth, stomach, n small intestines do this digestion.. not the large intestines since no digestive enzyme is secreted there..

correct me if i got any of these facts wrong

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2009, 07:11:26 pm »
Thx!!! Sounds right to me! :D

Thank you for that.. I woulda gotten it wrong?

CAN YOU SAY +REP?!
hahaha that was so american -.-

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2009, 07:16:41 pm »
lol ur welcome.. bio is my pet subject so getting any facts wrong reli is a turn off.. :P lol.. wishing u all the best for it!! lol thanx for the + rep.. but wat is it all about anyways..

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »
lol ur welcome.. bio is my pet subject so getting any facts wrong reli is a turn off.. :P lol.. wishing u all the best for it!! lol thanx for the + rep.. but wat is it all about anyways..

nothing really :)
I guess if u have minus rep, then ur conisdered as a pest or rude..or just unlucky..haha But if u have a normal rep..ur not experiences but if u have a high one.. your like "Mr. Cool"
lol i really dont know hahah
but what the hell...why not?! Isnt life all about status anyway?  :)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »

nothing really :)
I guess if u have minus rep, then ur conisdered as a pest or rude..or just unlucky..haha But if u have a normal rep..ur not experiences but if u have a high one.. your like "Mr. Cool"
lol i really dont know hahah
but what the hell...why not?! Isnt life all about status anyway?  :)

its about status but in moderation.. sooo any more quesitons ppl? :D lets get the bio thread rolling!

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:13 pm »
try telling alot of people that. ha! and plus..thats why we have karma :) theres a time limit, u can only rep someone after two hours. seeeee? moderation!

Anyway...I need help on Auxins..
Tell me about them..and also..Where do they grow towards. I always thought they grew towards light.. but then in a past paper they said they grew away from light. Now also, in a past paper it also says that too many auxins will kill a plant.

Offline hmh

• SF Geek
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2009, 07:37:19 pm »
try telling alot of people that. ha! and plus..thats why we have karma :) theres a time limit, u can only rep someone after two hours. seeeee? moderation!

Tell me about them..and also..Where do they grow towards. I always thought they grew towards light.. but then in a past paper they said they grew away from light. Now also, in a past paper it also says that too many auxins will kill a plant.

The auxim auxin accumulate on the shady side which causes the shoot to grow towards light.

hope tht helps :)
Help Yourself! And Everyone gets involved to take you to your destination!!

Offline annie_angel

• i m not an artist; just a painter...[ths is so random]
  • SF Geek
  • --->>>Time is nothing but a Precious Enemy<<<---
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »
auxin is used as a herbicide for weeds...as they complete their lifecycle and turn into manure<-- [weeds]
too much auxin will make the plant grow and may kill it... :-\
well...whn sunlight hits the plant the AUXIN go on to the shaded part in the plant and make the plant absorb more water on da shaded side so makes it heavir and so the unshaded part of the plant...PLANT grows towards the SUNLIGHT...NOT THE AUXINS...and therefore grow this way
hope this helps... :)
Dont tell God how BIG your storm is...;tell your storm how BIG your GOD is.^_^

nid404

« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2009, 07:42:51 pm »

Auxins r known as plant hormones. They grow in the root and shoot tips. It causes growth in plants. They have opposite effects in the shoot and root. In shoots auxins absorb more water whereas in roots they absorb less water. They are photosensitive.So when they r placed in light the auxins in the shoot move towards the shaded area and absorb more water here,causing imbalance and thus bending towards light(known as positive phototropism). whereas in roots when they move towards the shaded area(bottom part) it absorbs less water and it is heavier above than below and so it bends downwards,away from light(negative phototropism)

when excess Auxins r added to plants they cause rapid growth and respiration. The growth is incontrollable and the cells divide rapidly(like cancer for e.g....not literally) and result in death of the plant

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2009, 07:43:36 pm »

Auxins are negatively phototrophic.. They hate light.. So think of it like darth vader.. bear with me on this one.. Auxins accumulate on the "DARK SIDE" of the shoot.. As you know.. auxins are growth hormones that the plant secretes(can i use tat word) so accumulation on only one side of the plant the "DARK SIDE" will cause one sided growth.. The "DARK SIDE" of the plant grows more than the one exposed to light.. This causes one sided growth making the dark side grow more n longer causing it to bend towards the light...

whereas for geotropism.. Auxins are positively geotrophic.. Auxins will collect on the lower sides of the shoot tip and root tip due to gravity..

A high concentration of ausxins in the shoot stimulates one sided growth so it grows upwards towards the sky showing negative geotropism..
The auxins on the root collect on the lower side but they do not promote cell elongation.. they actually inhibit cell elongation so the upper side of the root grows longer than the lower side causing the root tip to bend downwards.. this shows positive geotropism in roots..

please do correct me if im wrong.. I dont wanna be giving out misleading information
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:52:17 pm by Aodian »

Offline hmh

• SF Geek
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2009, 07:45:19 pm »
LMAO! 1 question and 4 answers so far.. I feel so gud tht billion of sweet people are here to help in each and every step we wanna take towards success... GRRRRRRR8 GOING GUYS!
Help Yourself! And Everyone gets involved to take you to your destination!!

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:23 pm »
WOW you guys are awesome!! And every explanation was unique..and no i def understand. And im kicking myself with laughter. Theres always a way to bring Star Wars into everything, right??? hahah

PLus REP..again