Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46720 times)

Offline camel

• SF Immigrant
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »
MARK SCHEME FOR JUNE 2005 PLEASSSSSSEEEEE

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2009, 08:41:32 pm »
I PUT IT ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE LAST POST!

nid404

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2009, 03:14:59 am »
Continous is the variation which changes during time, like youe height, weight......
Discountinous varitation is the one which doesnt change during time, like the gender,blood group...

this is correct sweety but we r supposed to know it like this;this is the base for y it changes with time and y it doesn't

Continuous variation are features/characteristics which are affected by both the environment and the genes like height and weight
Discontinuous variation are features/characteristics which are affected only by the genes and not by the environment like blood group,ability to roll your tongue,lobed ears

Offline aquarian93

• SF Citizen
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2009, 04:06:33 am »
wt do i need to noe abt drugs? alcohol and heroin are depressants rite?
hw abt nicotine? im confused :(

and wt are pesticides and herbicides? wts da diff b/w pesticides and insecticides?

pls  help! thank you!

nid404

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2009, 06:06:57 am »
know abt the harmful effects of all these
herbicides r used to kill weeds that compete with important plants(crops) for nutrients and sunlight
insecticides r pesticides that kill insects specifically (the name says it) cuz pests r not only insects there r plant pathogens,molluscs,birds and many more

nid404

« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2009, 06:10:50 am »
and who on earth has been -repping me. >:(

Offline examsaresoon

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2009, 06:43:07 am »
What is accommodation in the eye?

Offline MIU

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2009, 06:49:37 am »
cud some1 plz send me the oct/nov 2008 paper 1 + markscheme because its failing 2 download from freeexampapers. ill realy apreciate. my exam is in few hours. plz send it to mu_1031@hotmail.com.

Offline devileye

• SF Immigrant
  • bio rulz so do i !!!
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2009, 09:31:48 am »
the paper was eazy thought i messed 3 questions...guys just a hint study..wat amphids lack in their diet...and also..which vessels carry glucose frm kidney lolz....umm wat else...yea so no more hints...gud luk..
ur appetence makes me sik!!!!! live with sanity and die with dignity!!

Offline 12345abc

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 12:34:30 pm »
does anyone know any mnemonics for biology , for any topic in the syllabus???

Offline Jake

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2009, 06:05:43 pm »
the paper was eazy thought i messed 3 questions...guys just a hint study..wat amphids lack in their diet...and also..which vessels carry glucose frm kidney lolz....umm wat else...yea so no more hints...gud luk..

i marked..lacks water and artrey only..is it right??

Offline Jake

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2009, 06:11:18 pm »
what did you'll write for direction of water flow in the plant?? which letter?? the question where there were circles marked on the plant..
and what did you put for the function of the cilia?? traps bacteria or moves mucus??
And the question where the paper is blue in colour which turns pink when in gets in contact with water?? whch plant?? X or Y??..

Offline ROCKY

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »
what did you'll write for direction of water flow in the plant?? which letter?? the question where there were circles marked on the plant..
and what did you put for the function of the cilia?? traps bacteria or moves mucus??
And the question where the paper is blue in colour which turns pink when in gets in contact with water?? whch plant?? X or Y??..

the answer was A fir direction .....function of cilia was moving mucus....the  blue to pink was the plant X under the leaf...

Offline qwert101

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2009, 06:41:34 pm »

i marked..lacks water and artrey only..is it right??

veins and arteries, and fat

Offline qwert101

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2009, 06:43:59 pm »

the answer was A fir direction .....function of cilia was moving mucus....the  blue to pink was the plant X under the leaf...

B. A was referring to vascular bundle- there are cells above the vein so it would only be down hence the stomata