Author Topic: INTERNET & TV.....vs.....BOOKS & NEWSPAPERS  (Read 3612 times)

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
Re: INTERNET & TV.....vs.....BOOKS & NEWSPAPERS
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »
i know Q80 boy thats why i said for how long it will be gone ?  2 hours 3 hours ?? its not lots of time .. i cud just go sleep at that time or go have some ice-creams  u see ..

former member

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 11:15:21 am »
The main thing is that because a lot of the internet is user edited you can find out for yourself what is going on and not have to believe what you are told by the government who are frankly organized crime

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:41 am »
yeah astar  thats so true ..
former member

Offline sanity_master

• SF Farseer
  • its all comin to an end :(
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 02:01:52 pm »
so its seems that most of u go with the internet...

Offline wriggle

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:45 am »
well der all kinda diffrnt in der own ways. its difficult 2 compare.  it all depends on wat is da most suitabl meduim. i mean say 4 e.g. shows lik top gear and family guy would b disaster if writtn in a book....and NONE of da harry potter movies go NOWHERE near da excitement which is felt when reading da books....n bout hw 'dangerous' internet n tv is, well books r 2. LOTS of books out der r ionappropriate 4 many age grps...n how trustworthy REALLY is da internet? sum1 mentioned dat has more accurate info. since anyone can edit it, but doesn dat make it even more unreliable?? ppl could start rumours, conspiracies, giv highly biased info and present it wid no evidence watsoevr...i feel newspapers r da most reliable along wid tv news..

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 08:59:21 am »
the best media in my life, is the 4 walls which im surronded by..... i dont leave the house,lol.

internet seems to drain out time, im sure u know sanity what im talkin about.
tv, gets boring some time
radio, they dont put metal here, i mean what the hek im supposed to do when the play akon 17 times a day.

the best stuff there is (which i spend most of the time) is my sony psp...
one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/

Offline wriggle

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »
which in time will also get boring. best is 2 go out dere and play sports

Offline AH2

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 09:39:17 am »
Internet Vs Books:
Well, I can see that from the discussion that u cant be fully sided with one as each have its pros and cons, but nyways I'd like to add something: I think that ppl who are reading books will be reading one point of view (the author's view) about a certain issue each time and you will be somehow isolated from the other worlds point of view; but if ur using the net for example and sometimes TV you can view other people's point of view on that issue which you can later compare and might eventually develop ur own rather than always adopting the writer's view or qouting it. I am not saying that wen u read a book ur in a desert and u cant engage with ny discussions with ppl u can but with ppl around u who might have the same mentality, but with internet ur discussing with ppl around the globe PLUS ur saving time and effort.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:41:55 am by AH2 »