Author Topic: Exams !!  (Read 1740 times)

Q80BOY

Exams !!
« on: May 28, 2009, 04:57:24 pm »
hey guys, how are u all doing?

so, today's debate is about exams !! Final exams to be specific !!

do you think that final exams are a fair way of assesing students? do you think that coursework should be added to all subjects? do you think that tests and quizzes are better than Final exams?

come on guys, speak up, and maybe ur views will be read by a member of CIE or EDEXCEL and final exams may be eliminated !!

thanks  :)

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
Re: Exams !!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:10 pm »
hmm..if i was a staff of cie i think i would say,increase difficulties of exam and show em we arnt any funny bussiness...lol just joking.

u know exams wont let u succeed, probably in some way its fair, but the real exams are exams u face in ure everyday lifes whcich would probably hard and unfair...but what are u gonna do about it...

and i feel course work should be given to particular subjects for ppl who may prefer to help themeselves,but then again its an exam of life wether to join courseworks or no, wether to study or be lazy, one or another ure preparing many exams for ure selves....

and what other alternatives could be other than final exams, cuz i feel thts a sure way to show how much u knw but more i feel more practicals are need which actually shows how much u knew AND know...get it?
one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/

Offline X Abdulrahman X

• SF Farseer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »
yes definetly there should be coursework added, u could do very well all year then fail because of one exam, and yeah tests in each topic is much better because it gives u more time to focus on the subject, and it can be done throught the year so theres no pressure.
When they talk about me they say I be trippin
What they say about me doesn't make me mad 
I think they hatin cause they see me when I'm rollin
Man I can't help it that they really doin bad  =P

Big cars, Big wheels, Big chains, Big pimpin', Big money, Big Dreams ;-)

Offline omega007

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:14:39 am »
Exams are surely a fair method of assessing a student....although no one likes exams

I would say that it doesn't assess you 100% but does assess you to a great extent.

Offline X Abdulrahman X

• SF Farseer
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:00:47 pm »
the idiot that made the time table should of put each exam in the same time, like do p2 math then next day p4 math, then 3 days rest, so u get good rest and finish a whole subject and can focus on others, not like now, where u do an exam, then next month u do the same thing -.-

master786

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:05:07 pm »
the point of having a gap between p2 and p4 ofmaths is the fact tht it asseses ur concentration skillls...
these guys are trying to asses alot of things in the students .... it surely gets annoyingfor the students though

lik in AS level my exams started 27th april and will end only at 11th june .... adn i only hav four subjects ... so u can imagine the type of gaps i hav between my xams....

Offline X Abdulrahman X

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:09:06 pm »
its like studying 1 thing , eg:math, then 2 weeks of something else, then the next day u have to study lots of stuff in math again for another paper -.-

Offline MelIsaac

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:02:10 pm »
Sheesh!
I only study on the very last day of the exam and end up with a shameful C which won't get me anywhere hehe

Offline Sugar

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:20:07 pm »
Quizzes and short tests are kind of good, they can like test some part of knowledge a little at a time, right now everyone gets freaked and stressed out because of the final exams, people don't sleep and are tired and frightened of the exams, because the grade we will get will pretty much help to determine our future :/ But as long as you stay focused and study before the exam timing when there is a huge pressure on you then you will do well as long as you care about your grades..The final exams are the way to test the way you studied for the period of a year or two, but I don't like the timing, it's like gonna ruin my summer cuz I'm gonna be worried about my results :/

Don't know if it was relevant to the topic or whatever, but just felt like saying something xD
Here I stand and I laugh when I see the world you're in.