Author Topic: Additional Math Help HERE ONLY...!  (Read 64941 times)

Offline syedz123

Re: Additional Math Help HERE ONLY...!
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2010, 10:32:20 am »
I did one careless mistake in the vectors question, but my method was correct. The final answer was 46i plus something j. I got the j but 46 i. I assume they will only reduce 1 mark...

u guys got vectors? variant 2? i did variant 1 and quite sum no of topics didnt come lol although i made sum silly mistakes lol

permutation n combination,vectors,relative velocity,conversion to linear form,trigonometry,radians on arc n area of sectors,area under the graph n sum more cnt rmmbr didnt come in variant 1...am guessing its comin for p2 so we can xpect a tough paper comin

Offline jellybeans

• ,i'm hungry xB
  • SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2010, 10:38:01 am »
u guys got vectors? variant 2? i did variant 1 and quite sum no of topics didnt come lol although i made sum silly mistakes lol

permutation n combination,vectors,relative velocity,conversion to linear form,trigonometry,radians on arc n area of sectors,area under the graph n sum more cnt rmmbr didnt come in variant 1...am guessing its comin for p2 so we can xpect a tough paper comin

hahaha i cant rmb what we had ??? Lol but yep permutation & combination, curve & tangent equations & stuff, radians yep.. areas yep.. area under graph ummmmm it was either THAT or the other question 12 so i guess yepppp.. maaaaaan i've got a feeling that its gonna be hard as well
You said I must eat so many lemons cause I am so bitter.

Offline xlane

« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27:50 am »
could sum1 plz help me out wid this crap sum...oct/nov 2003 paper 1..12 or...hw to prove da part (i)...urgent

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:34 am »
HI, haaha okay so ive got.. questions on P1 . :D VARIANT 2.

for the first unit vector thingo is it okay if i put 1(21)
                                                                  20(20)

and the question on OXY : XABYX was it 9p : 55q?

.. lol,  :-\

ok i have no idea what you just did for the vector thing lol, maybe its some notation i don't know. i just found out AB and then divided that by the magnitude of AB (which was 29), so it was like 21/29 i + something/29 j i think
and yes i got 9:55 for that too, though its not 9p:55q, p IS 9 and q IS 55

Offline jellybeans

• ,i'm hungry xB
  • SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:06 am »
ok i have no idea what you just did for the vector thing lol, maybe its some notation i don't know. i just found out AB and then divided that by the magnitude of AB (which was 29), so it was like 21/29 i + something/29 j i think
and yes i got 9:55 for that too, though its not 9p:55q, p IS 9 and q IS 55

oh. Lol i didnt put it in the i & j form.. were we supposed to? :o and... crap did they say in the form of p:q ? :o :o :o :( SO ITS WRONG? :( :'( AHHHHHH
and was the acceleration -1.92 m/s2?
You said I must eat so many lemons cause I am so bitter.

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:36 am »

i think variant 2 got slightly tougher topics, because we got vectors, permutation and combinations, trigonometry, radians (arc length and area of sectors), area under the graph... all of those topics were on variant 2, so do you think the variant 2 paper 2 will be easier? sure hope so, because then it really isn't fair lol

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:07 am »
oh. Lol i didnt put it in the i & j form.. were we supposed to? :o and... crap did they say in the form of p:q ? :o :o :o :( SO ITS WRONG? :( :'( AHHHHHH
and was the acceleration -1.92 m/s2?

no no i don't think you need to put it in i and j form, dont wry, thats just my way of doing it, i find it easier lol. yeah i'm pretty sure they said in the form p:q, but you got the values basically right. meaning you did the areas and found that its 9:55 and THEN did you right your final answer as 9p:55q? because then they'll see you got it right, but just put that incorrectly in the final answer, so i don't think you should lose any marks, maybe just one.

YES i got acceleration as -1.92 too! which is basically deceleration of 1.92 m/s2. Was your time 25.8 s and your velocity.. i think 6. something i can't remember what i got exactly.

Offline BlackBunny103

• SF Geek
  • Don't use time carelessly. It can't be retrieved.
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2010, 11:50:02 am »

I did variant 2. What topics came up in your variant 1 for paper 1?

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:49 am »
HI, haaha okay so ive got.. questions on P1 . :D VARIANT 2.

for the first unit vector thingo is it okay if i put 1(21)
                                                                  20(20)

and the question on OXY : XABYX was it 9p : 55q?

.. lol,  :-\

VECTORS !? I don't recall seeing any vectors in my paper :O

9P : 55Q - Yup.
Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:05 am »
no no i don't think you need to put it in i and j form, dont wry, thats just my way of doing it, i find it easier lol. yeah i'm pretty sure they said in the form p:q, but you got the values basically right. meaning you did the areas and found that its 9:55 and THEN did you right your final answer as 9p:55q? because then they'll see you got it right, but just put that incorrectly in the final answer, so i don't think you should lose any marks, maybe just one.

YES i got acceleration as -1.92 too! which is basically deceleration of 1.92 m/s2. Was your time 25.8 s and your velocity.. i think 6. something i can't remember what i got exactly.
I got -1.92 as well ...

Phew, I recalled the vector question, what did you guys obtained for OC ?

Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline BlackBunny103

• SF Geek
  • Don't use time carelessly. It can't be retrieved.
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:30 am »
VECTORS !? I don't recall seeing any vectors in my paper :O

9P : 55Q - Yup.

Hey Darren, you're doing variant 2 right since you also got the same ratio as I did for the 2 sector areas.
There was a vector question, it was question 3, I remember.

Offline xlane

« Reply #371 on: June 09, 2010, 11:55:15 am »
sum please help me wid this question..oct/nov paper 1 number 12 or..hw do u prove da 1zt part (i)...

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2010, 11:55:47 am »
could sum1 plz help me out wid this crap sum...oct/nov 2003 paper 1..12 or...hw to prove da part (i)...urgent

ok first use similar triangles to determine this (check the attached image for the similar triangles)

ABC is similar to DEC

that means

30/12 = h/(12-r)

5/2 = h/(12-r)

2h = 60-5r

h = (60-5r)/2

V = pi*r^2*h

V = pi*r^2* (60-5r)/2 = r^2pi * (60-5r)/2 = pi(30r^2 - 5r^3/2)
divine intervention!

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2010, 11:56:14 am »
Hey Darren, you're doing variant 2 right since you also got the same ratio as I did for the 2 sector areas.
There was a vector question, it was question 3, I remember.
Yup I recalled the question, I am guessing that P2 is going to be easy as all the hard topics were featured in yesterday's paper ...

By the way what did you got for OC ?

Offline Deniz

« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2010, 11:57:23 am »
A student has a collection of 9 CDs, of which 4 are by the Beatles, 3 are by Abba and 2 are by the
Rolling Stones. She selects 4 of the CDs from her collection. Calculate the number of ways in which
she can make her selection if
(i) her selection must contain her favourite Beatles CD, [2]
(ii) her selection must contain 2 CDs by one group and 2 CDs by another.

can some1 explain how to solve this question?