Author Topic: Environmental Management  (Read 5658 times)

Offline acash09

• "I'm not a Big Fat Panda, I'm THE Big Fat Panda!"
  • SF Immigrant
  • Hyeee-AHHH!
Re: Environmental Management
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »
sorry for posting three times, but anyone has biology igcse notes? i need them desperately, i have my final exam( not igcse) after one week and i need essential revision! thanks in advance. (sorry if i've posted here, any help is appreciated)
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
 ~ Albert Einstein

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 09:16:23 pm »
hmm
no special tips
but websites to refer to
and yeah, so past papers, they help a lot and then correct my markschemes

https://studentforums.biz/index.php/topic,1788.15.html
i wrote down few websites, about bio

Offline ni

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 04:53:32 am »
I think EM has this reputation of being extremely easy when its actually not.
It's getting more difficult each year =/

I agree-  P4 is really hard.
I think if you ask people who do geography to help you out with the basics it might help.
That's what I'm going to do anyways (:

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:55:20 am »
hey even me doing e.m man its dam tough i dnt knw wht 2 do god n ya running out of time n ya can neone help me wth d qp 2006 2f) of p2 nov session plzzzzz n ya jun2004 p4 q2ciii) plzzzzz need is urgent n ya who said p1 n p2 is general knowledge man i feel e.m is by far d toghest subject out of all d subjects offered 2 ig students

Offline CrEaTuRe_X

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:28 am »
but relying on thresholds doesnt help
and what do we practice, there are  hardly 8 papers to practice, and that too there are no models answers too.

I disagree, Threshold tells us the boundaries for A, and the mark for A is pretty low, and I dont believe there have been any great fluctuations regarding that. Thus if you look at it, it may be considered as easy to get an A in paper 4 as in paper 2. For paper 4, I have some excellent excellent notes, which the teacher described as goldmine, too bad I dont have a scanner to upload it here :(. I think the papers ought to be enough to recognize the pattern.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »
hmmm
are they too much?
can u type them?

or else someone in ur friends should be having a scanner.
cmon plz try.

Offline ni

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »
and what do we practice, there are  hardly 8 papers to practice, and that too there are no models answers too.

I disagree, Threshold tells us the boundaries for A, and the mark for A is pretty low, and I dont believe there have been any great fluctuations regarding that. Thus if you look at it, it may be considered as easy to get an A in paper 4 as in paper 2. For paper 4, I have some excellent excellent notes, which the teacher described as goldmine, too bad I dont have a scanner to upload it here :(. I think the papers ought to be enough to recognize the pattern.

Could you please give us a general outline of what they're about/ what we would need to know for a typical paper 4?
(:

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 08:12:13 am »
I am reverting it from sticky, as the topic did not get replies as expected.

Offline CrEaTuRe_X

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 09:42:39 am »

Could you please give us a general outline of what they're about/ what we would need to know for a typical paper 4?
(:

Well looking at the "goldmines" right now, I must say, there is not much goldly about them afterall. They basically contain graphing methods, LOTS of them, infact 90% are just graphs, pie graphs histrograms and how to calculate them, apparently the teacher thought all who take EM take maths core. fool. There is some sh*t about The scatter graphs and recognizing patterns. The only important thing is Sampling, which is a question asked in paper 4 all the time.

Random Sampling, Systematic and Stratified. You people familair with them, I dont want to waste time writing them out just so you can nod your heads like wise men  and go "ahhhh , I learned that in grade 2"

Offline ni

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 10:19:15 am »

(:

Well looking at the "goldmines" right now, I must say, there is not much goldly about them afterall. They basically contain graphing methods, LOTS of them, infact 90% are just graphs, pie graphs histrograms and how to calculate them, apparently the teacher thought all who take EM take maths core. fool. There is some sh*t about The scatter graphs and recognizing patterns. The only important thing is Sampling, which is a question asked in paper 4 all the time.

Random Sampling, Systematic and Stratified. You people familair with them, I dont want to waste time writing them out just so you can nod your heads like wise men  and go "ahhhh , I learned that in grade 2"

Haha thank you (:
I think it's okay, I'll google the things about sampling. You probably have better things to do than sitting and typing it up for us ;)

Thanks again.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 10:24:04 am »
Thanks to acash09 for your help.
Looks like discussion for paper 4 is over.

Offline saifalan

• SF Master
  • Wht did I do to you that made you do this to me?
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »
I dont get it. I did CIE Olvels Em and its the same as the IGCSE paper (cauz codes the same). WE had only paper 1 and 2. Where did this 4 came out of ??
Why so seroisee ??

Offline frenzy1234

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 03:54:51 pm »
my em teacher gave us notes especially fr pp.4 however.. they are like 19 pages so pls gimme e-mail adress and i will mail them .... it says geography skills but most of the data colection/graph etc... methods are the same the ones that are not same are crossed out
hope it will help u
 ;)

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 06:47:40 pm »

Offline IGbaby

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 11:29:10 am »
hey even i need help wid em!
plz someone help