Author Topic: Physics Help HERE ONLY !!  (Read 74282 times)

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
Re: Physics Help HERE ONLY !!
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 10:20:21 pm »
2nd variant paper not first

The lubricated truck would accelerate. (Since it is lubricated, when the slope is returned to its original position, the forces will be unbalanced<as there is almost no friction now>, and the truck will accelerate).
I hope that helped. :)

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 10:36:59 pm »
When do we use cathode ray tube?

Cathode Ray Tube is used in terms of light (Total Internal Reflection); every time the ray of light within totally internally reflects and therefore the light ray remains within the tube. An example of its use is in the transfer of TV signals.

For Electricity, its the Cathode Ray Oscilloscope that you need to know. CRO is just a vaccuum tube containing a Cathode, which emmits electrons due to thermionic emission (after its heated). The electron beam then gains enough of kinetic energy to leave the cathode and then it travels through the vacuum (REMEMBER, electrons must be in a vacuum in order to move <in air, the air molecules would stop the electrons from moving>). Then they get attracted to the anode (positive). However, before that, they have to pass a grid(negative), which would repel some of the electrons, by changing the voltage on the base it is used as a brightness control. Then, a ray of electrons would pass through a hole in the anode. On their way after passing the hole, the electrons ray will meet Y-plates and X-Plates. Y-plates would move the spot on the Fluoresecent screen afterwards up and down and the X-plates would move the coloured spot produced left and right on the fluorescent screen. At the end, the Fluorescent screen would glow, when hit by the electrons ray.

For the question you asked, its not CRO, as there is no need to make a screen glow. Its just about detection. So, you would just use a simple source, absorber, detector arrangement.
I hope this brief explanation helped. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:46:54 pm by Bani »

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 10:46:50 pm »

Cathode Ray Tube is used in terms of light (Total Internal Reflection); every time the ray of light within totally internally reflects and therefore the light ray remains within the tube. An example of its use is in the transfer of TV signals.

For Electricity, its the Cathode Ray Oscilloscope that you need to know. CRO is just a vaccuum tube containing a Cathode, which emmits electrons due to thermionic emission (after its heated). The electron beam then gains enough of kinetic energy to leave the cathode and then it travels through the vacuum (REMEMBER, electrons must be in a vacuum in order to move <in air, the air molecules would stop the electrons from moving>). Then they get attracted to the anode (positive). However, before that, they have to pass a grid(negative), which would repel some of the electrons, by changing the voltage on the base it is used as a brightness control. Then, a ray of electrons would pass through a hole in the anode. On their way after passing the hole, the electrons ray will meet Y-plates and X-Plates. Y-plates would move the spot on the Fluoresecent screen afterwards up and down and the X-plates would move the coloured spot produced left and right on the fluorescent screen. At the end, the Fluorescent screen would glow, when hit by the electrons ray.
ya i know that what is it used for?
All ur dreams are made,when you're changed to a mirror and the razor blade!!!

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2009, 10:47:58 pm »

ya i know that what is it used for?
LOL, I just edited my previous post just before I saw that you posted this. :D

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:50 pm »
Is it clear now?
CRT- light
CRO- to make screen glow

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2009, 10:57:55 pm »
Is it clear now?
CRT- light
CRO- to make screen glow
naahin !!!
kinda
anyways i guess i cnt think anymore
uffh GUYS HELP ME I CANT STUYDY BUT I WANT TOO ANY SUGGESTIOZN

Offline Bani

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »
Is it clear now?
CRT- light
CRO- to make screen glow
naahin !!!
kinda
If you remember Total Internal Reflection, you will be able to understand the use of Cathode Ray Tube.(CRT)
and I think you know when CRO is used (to make the screen glow). The question you asked about only asked to draw apparatus to detect the Beta particles. So, in this case, the simple source, absorber, detector apparatus would be drawn.
To concentrate more, just think of the fruitful result you'd get if you study hard. Oh, by the way, its 1:00, so u'd better be able to concentrate in the morning.  :)

Offline zubair_slipknot

• SF Citizen
  • A new A* starer has been born in the world of IG
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 10:01:36 am »
I have got a problem in Physcis October/November 2008 Paper3 question 2 (d)...I have no idea that why am i finding it hard

Calculate the force on the pivot when the two masses choosen are hanging from the disc????

F=ma
or F=mg

F=200x9.8

is it like this...i am sure i am wrong somewhere...plz let me know as soon as possible...thx   
the only way to pass in IGCSE is to be determinant and should have a good self esteem...thts the best description i can get from my mind!!!!

Offline Hope

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2009, 10:22:54 am »
the force on the pivot = force (N) x distance (m)

the pivot, is the circle that is shaded in.. so when you add a force at a specific distance from the pivot, there will be a moment.. Do that to the other side too, and you will also get a moment.

The questions prior to the one you are asking about, wanted no net moment, this means the whole system is in equillibrium..

so for example, if you had a mass of 10N on the right, 3 m away from the pivot..the moment of the force is = 10 x 3 = 30 Nm

and to maintain equillibrium, the other side would have to balance in someway..so it could have 15N at a distance of 2 m from the pivot .. 15 x 2= 30 Nm

Hope you understood!  :D

Offline zubair_slipknot

• SF Citizen
  • A new A* starer has been born in the world of IG
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2009, 10:27:27 am »
Thx a lot Hope
+rep
the only way to pass in IGCSE is to be determinant and should have a good self esteem...thts the best description i can get from my mind!!!!

Offline Hope

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2009, 10:37:33 am »
If anyone could clarify this, it would be great..

It's sort of confusing when you have to draw the magnetic field pattern in a solenoid due to the current..Particularly, I'm referring to Qn 7 (a) Year- November 2001 ..

Offline MaNa

• SF Overlord
  • InV!ncIbl3!!!!!!
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2009, 10:58:19 am »
Is it clear now?
CRT- light
CRO- to make screen glow
naahin !!!
kinda
If you remember Total Internal Reflection, you will be able to understand the use of Cathode Ray Tube.(CRT)
and I think you know when CRO is used (to make the screen glow). The question you asked about only asked to draw apparatus to detect the Beta particles. So, in this case, the simple source, absorber, detector apparatus would be drawn.
To concentrate more, just think of the fruitful result you'd get if you study hard. Oh, by the way, its 1:00, so u'd better be able to concentrate in the morning.  :)
I get it NOOW:D hankyou i went thorugh my book so i realise i made things cconfusing:D

nid404

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2009, 11:09:31 am »
a pdf on electromagnetism.

Offline °o.O-hash94-O.o°

• SF Master
  • kNoW YoUr eNeMy!
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2009, 11:40:04 am »
here are some physics symbols and equations!

i hope this will be helpful for all

thanks

nid404

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2009, 11:42:24 am »
thanx hash.  :)