Author Topic: Which book is the true book of God? Quran or is it the Bible?  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• I would love to help, but.....you know
  • SF Citizen
Which book is the true book of God? Quran or is it the Bible?
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 pm »
Please do not use abbreviations and do not get angry at someone who says something about the book of your religion, instead answer him politely and firmly to give a good impression of your religion and yourself :)
I can only please one person a day
Today is NOT your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Which book is the true book of God? Quran or is it the Bible?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:21:47 am »
Please do not use abbreviations and do not get angry at someone who says something about the book of your religion, instead answer him politely and firmly to give a good impression of your religion and yourself :)

I believe both of them are. Corruptions may have seeped in them but as far as archaeology goes, there is nothing to prove either of them got significantly distorted. Quran is more preserved due to the discovery of  Saana manuscripts, dating back to 7th century.

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
    • The Education Directory
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:06 am »
I believe both of them are. Corruptions may have seeped in them but as far as archaeology goes, there is nothing to prove either of them got significantly distorted. Quran is more preserved due to the discovery of  Saana manuscripts, dating back to 7th century.

that really sums it all up

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• SF Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:56:52 am »

At the moment only one is the true word of God, we all know that the bible has been sent to Jesus, and the Quran to Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him, but only one at the moment is the true word of God, and only one religion is the true religion, so which one is it??

I am sorry i f i was not specific last time.

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:24:37 am »
this is a more opinionated topic. true religion to a person is what they believe. so its going to be subjective. not objective.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:31:24 am by ExamPapersGeek »

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• SF Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 05:35:57 pm »
Will that be wrong ???

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »
a debate goes nowhere when it is subjective. you need objectivity in order to argue.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:50:24 am »
At the moment only one is the true word of God, we all know that the bible has been sent to Jesus, and the Quran to Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him, but only one at the moment is the true word of God, and only one religion is the true religion, so which one is it??

I am sorry i f i was not specific last time.

Why can only one of them be the true word of God? Why should Islam/Christianity be the only true religion? Wouldn't it be spiritual idolatry to consider a specific religion to be the "only true path"?

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• SF Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:32:55 am »
Why can only one of them be the true word of God? Why should Islam/Christianity be the only true religion? Wouldn't it be spiritual idolatry to consider a specific religion to be the "only true path"?

Ok then, i guess i should change the topic to which religion is the true religion.

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:19:35 am »
What ever the religion you're following, you will always think and argue that it's the true religion.

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• SF Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:53:37 pm »
I know that but i noticed from my steam friends that some of them think their religions are not the right, so i decided to hear SF members opinions about their religions, maybe just maybe someone may understand that he is on the wrong track. but please guys, do not use abbreviations and do not get aggressive.
 :) ;)

Amelia

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 02:14:14 pm »
~The Book that was revealed to Jesus (Eesa (alahisalam)) was called 'Ingeel'.God had revealed in it the true message (to worship Him alone without associating anyone or anything with Him). With time, the scriptures were corrupted because of repeated (wrong) translations, false interpretations and distortions by the ignorant, so now what you get is the not-so-good-version of Ingeel - Bible.
Bible is a name that was derived from the Latin/Greek word Biblos which means 'the book'.

~Quran is the last Book that was revealed for the entire humankind. It is, as it was 1400 years ago, not a word out of place because God (Allah) Himself had promised its protection and been its Guardian. Allah says in the Quran:

Verily, We Ourselves have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian, (Chapter 15 (Al-Hijr), Verse:10, Quran)

There are four Books mentioned by name in the Quran and most everyone (even the non-muslims) are aware of them: Torah (revealed to Moses (alahisalam)), Zabur (revealed to David (alahisalam)), Ingeel (..to Jesus (alahisalam)) and Quran (..to Muhammed (sallaAllah alahiwasalam)) .

The Quran being the last and final Book was revealed to the entire mankind. The rest of the Books were revealed for a particular group of people and the message in them were to be followed for a particular time period (until the next revelation came), so all those Books that came before Quran were meant for 'that time and those people'.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 02:14:13 am »
Ok then, i guess i should change the topic to which religion is the true religion.

There is no absolutely "true" religion. All religions, including Islam, has truth and falsehood mixed. So, best if you look into each religion neutrally and then accept concepts which makes sense to you and reject which don't. And remember all abrahamic religion has the same roots.

eg. For Islam, spiritual aspect is absolutely fine. Political aspects like jihad, slavery, brutal punishments, hate for non muslims,hate prophecies are some of the things I find unreasonable. I'm not saying Islam is bad, just that these are aspects which may've been applicable to 7th century, but not today.

For christianity, character of Jesus is a good example. Bad aspects are idolatry, rapture prophecies etc.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:57:59 am by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• SF Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:48 am »
There is no absolutely "true" religion. All religions, including Islam, has truth and falsehood mixed. So, best if you look into each religion neutrally and then accept concepts which makes sense to you and reject which don't. And remember all abrahamic religion has the same roots.

eg. For Islam, spiritual aspect is absolutely fine. Political aspects like jihad, slavery, brutal punishments, hate for non muslims,hate prophecies are some of the things I find unreasonable. I'm not saying Islam is bad, just that these are aspects which may've been applicable to 7th century, but not today.

For christianity, character of Jesus is a good example. Bad aspects are idolatry, rapture prophecies etc.

Thanks for giving your opinion, but i think you are a bit mistaken, not that i am arguing, i am also jusy saying my point of view.

1. You have the wrong meaning for the term of Jihad, I am not able to explain it  but check the latest SF magazine and you will know when is the term Jihad used and you will also know that it is not only about fighting and killing.
2. Slavery is not accepted in Islam, because we humans are the slaves of Allah and we only serve him and nobody else.
3. The punishments are according to the crime. e.g,  cut the hand of the thief, but you only cut it if he doesn't regret his act before getting caught and if the person who got his property stolen doesn't forgive him.
4. As for hate for non-Muslims is not true, as a Muslim we are supposed to respect all other religions especially divine religions, so you are wrong if you think that Islam says to hate other religions, we are supposed to respect them and treat them with generosity just like another Muslim unless they fight against us and our religion.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »
Thanks for giving your opinion, but i think you are a bit mistaken, not that i am arguing, i am also jusy saying my point of view.

1. You have the wrong meaning for the term of Jihad, I am not able to explain it  but check the latest SF magazine and you will know when is the term Jihad used and you will also know that it is not only about fighting and killing.
2. Slavery is not accepted in Islam, because we humans are the slaves of Allah and we only serve him and nobody else.
3. The punishments are according to the crime. e.g,  cut the hand of the thief, but you only cut it if he doesn't regret his act before getting caught and if the person who got his property stolen doesn't forgive him.
4. As for hate for non-Muslims is not true, as a Muslim we are supposed to respect all other religions especially divine religions, so you are wrong if you think that Islam says to hate other religions, we are supposed to respect them and treat them with generosity just like another Muslim unless they fight against us and our religion.

Sure, it's fine, everyone has a right to disagree. I will try to answer the issues you raised.

1. You have the wrong meaning for the term of Jihad, I am not able to explain it  but check the latest SF magazine and you will know when is the term Jihad used and you will also know that it is not only about fighting and killing.

The literal meaning for jihad is simply "Struggle". Struggle for what?

It could potentially mean struggle for righteousness, piety, altruism and good things.These meanings are backed by some weak hadiths.

However, 95% of the time when Islamic scholars use the term, they mean violent warfare to subjugate non muslims. This is the historic meaning of the term and nobody will accept any other meaning as it is not backed by most Islamic scholars.

By slavery, i mean the institution of slavery, not the connection between someone and God.

Quran gives some rules for fair treatment of slaves, however, slavery is still endorsed. For example, prophet Muhammad killed all jewish men of Banu qurayza, enslaved the women and children.

3. The punishments are according to the crime. e.g,  cut the hand of the thief, but you only cut it if he doesn't regret his act before getting caught and if the person who got his property stolen doesn't forgive him.

That is fine, but I was pointing out that such a punishment is considered too brutal in today's age and as such, may not be suitable.

Unfortunately the difference between "supposed to" and reality is significant.

More here http://www.pewglobal.org/2011/07/21/chapter-2-how-muslims-and-westerners-view-each-other/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:54:03 pm by $tyli$h Executive »