Author Topic: Double Degree  (Read 4501 times)

Offline Nexus

• SF Immigrant
  • There is no substitute for Truth
Double Degree
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:07:25 pm »
As most of you all know I have been selected to a university for Chemical Engineering but the problem came up when the university offered me a chance study double major(double degree).The double degree is in Chemical Engineering and Software Engineering with Computer science so the offer looks very appealing but the risk is high as well. ???

See I have to keep GPA of 3 in order to retain my scholarship but I'm starting to worry whether I could cope with two Engineering majors and whether there is any point you know doing double degree because many people say the degrees aren't much related.So I would love to hear your responses :D :D

Thanks in Advance ;)
_____Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction_____

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
Re: Double Degree
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »
The advantage is that you can enter 2 different fields later on. If you don't get a good job in one field you can always go for the other one.
The disadvantage is of course that its will hard to cope with both.

I will suggest go for the safe side, why risk your future for two degrees if you know that you can do better with one
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »
Wow. :D

The only person I know who did a double major was my Chemistry teacher's daughter.
She was a brilliant student and a topper in her school. She got into a Ivy League University in the US which hardly accepted any international student.
She was studying Chemical Engineering and Masters in Economics both at the same time - and she was doing great.

I think it all depends on your determination, capability and how well you are focused.

Masha Allah, you did really great in your A-levels - Imo, you can do it! :D

If you can do A-levels then you can do anything else! :P :D

You'll do great, Insha Allah. Just give it yer best! (:
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Nexus

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:31:50 pm »
Hey Ang3l  :D,
Thankz alot  fr the fast reply..wow you are very straight and up to the point!! thtz an awesome quality!and your point is very true!!Dont play with the future!! ;) ;) i think I should consider again about this opportunity!!

Hey Romeesa-Chan  :D
Thankz alot for your fast and very motivating reply :D :D..you really cheered me up!!
I was little bit worrried you know because if the scholarship is canceled I have to pay my tuition and accomodation..which of course is impossible in financial situation but you really made me think positive!!

_____Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction_____

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:47 pm »
Hey Romeesa-Chan  :D
Thankz alot for your fast and very motivating reply :D :D..you really cheered me up!!
I was little bit worrried you know because if the scholarship is canceled I have to pay my tuition and accomodation..which of course is impossible in financial situation but you really made me think positive!!

Aw, I am glad!

Totally understand where you coming from. I actually had plans on doing Medicine and Dentistry together but then my parents advised me that'll make me go crazy and I pondered over it and well ... no one but you yourself know what your capable of! In the end, I choose to stick with Dentistry alone. (: Which is good since I am doing my bachelor and master degree combined together. ::)

Just do well and follow the University system properly. ;) Like for example, my attendance carries marks as well so I try my maintaining 100% attendance cos even the tiniest marks matter. ;)

Without a doubt, doing a double degree is hard to cope with and tough. Think over it yourself and choose based on yorr future career and what your happy with. (:

I wish you all the very best. :) Good luck! :D

Offline Nexus

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
Aw, I am glad!

Totally understand where you coming from. I actually had plans on doing Medicine and Dentistry together but then my parents advised me that'll make me go crazy and I pondered over it and well ... no one but you yourself know what your capable of! In the end, I choose to stick with Dentistry alone. (: Which is good since I am doing my bachelor and master degree combined together. ::)

Just do well and follow the University system properly. ;) Like for example, my attendance carries marks as well so I try my maintaining 100% attendance cos even the tiniest marks matter. ;)

Without a doubt, doing a double degree is hard to cope with and tough. Think over it yourself and choose based on yorr future career and what your happy with. (:

I wish you all the very best. :) Good luck! :D

Hey  Romeesa-Chan :D

What you are saying is very true!!Only I know what I'm capable of ;)
So you are in university now?? and dentistry? wow and congrates :D :D
I heard Dentistry is one of the courses it's very hard to get in to!!

And Yes I will think about this very carefully! ;) and Thankz again for your Well wishes!!Hope you continue to do your best there too!  :D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
Hey  Romeesa-Chan :D

What you are saying is very true!!Only I know what I'm capable of ;)
So you are in university now?? and dentistry? wow and congrates :D :D
I heard Dentistry is one of the courses it's very hard to get in to!!

And Yes I will think about this very carefully! ;) and Thankz again for your Well wishes!!Hope you continue to do your best there too!  :D

Exactly. Just think for yourself and decide what's best. (:

Yupe, I am in uni now. :D
Apparently it is but the competitiveness level is not so high as compared with UK and other foreign countries.

Thanks much. (:

I pray that you choose the right decision. Take care. :)

Offline tutorsonnet

• Homework Help Online
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 12:11:52 pm »
Please do it , double degree is the most useful one for your future, now a days most of the companies are give more preference to double degree , so you can get the good future. all the best.

Offline traind

Double Degree
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:32 pm »
Hey anything is possible Bokadio - I was in sales for over 20 and even had a few years under my belt in insurance sales.  I also had a finance degree I now work in the video ad insertion business and it is a way cool job.  You just have to find a company looking for someone with a different prospective.  But I would say the pay starting out will probably be mighty low.

Good luck