Author Topic: Collection of calculus textbooks (list updated v1)  (Read 2033 times)

Offline 0kelvin

• SF Immigrant
Collection of calculus textbooks (list updated v1)
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:34:13 am »
These are books that are available on many places (file hosting, torrents, etc) or books that I have already done but not uploaded anywhere. The rest are books that I can make PDFs / other format but I haven't yet.

The natural order is calculus of single variable functions, then multivariable, then vectors and multiple integrals.

Before single variable calculus there is pre calculus / introduction to calculus, which is essentially reviewing things that should have been larned (at least at some extent) in school.

After calculus there is advanced calculus / introduction to analysis, which in my case is called "calculus iv".

After vector calculus there is functions of one complex variable (in my case that is part of calculus iv).

An extra category: proofs and mathematical thinking. Calculus has many many proofs and theorems, sometimes the hard thing about calculus is not the theory itself, but the language, understanding what is written in mathematical language.

Two categories that I didn't include: calculus of variations and differential equations. The last one is covered in some extended in almost any calculus book.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:29:36 pm by 0kelvin »

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Collection of textbooks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:42:13 am »
Probably better and easier on the mind to put them in torrents by subject

Offline 0kelvin

• SF Immigrant
Re: Collection of calculus textbooks
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:02 pm »
Here is the first list