Author Topic: What Mobile do you recommend ?  (Read 8332 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
What Mobile do you recommend ?
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »
Hey Everyone =)

I'm kinda new to the whole smartphones kind of thing ,so I'd like to buy one and I'm completely confused. Since well I don't know the difference much, I've looked through loads of the phone reviews on YouTube hence i have some info ,you see ::)

Anyways the MAJOR things I'm looking for goes as follows;

MOST IMPO stuff :

has to be strong (I'm a little clumsy)
has to have a reasonable battery life
has to have skype/WhatsApp available
not too many applications ;) [GPS is a MUST]

I'm thinking of getting Samsung Galaxy S2 like my sister did. Oh, and I'm not a fan of Nokia nor HTC, just in case =)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
Re: What Mobile do you recommend ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:54:13 pm »
Galaxy S2 is a good choice but then why not go for Galaxy S3. I am currently using it and its an amazing phone with great battery life. But I am still new to the Android OS so I find it really difficult to get free paid apps like I used to get for my iPhone 4S from apptrakr.com.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 04:09:28 pm »
Galaxy S2 is a good choice but then why not go for Galaxy S3. I am currently using it and its an amazing phone with great battery life. But I am still new to the Android OS so I find it really difficult to get free paid apps like I used to get for my iPhone 4S from apptrakr.com.

You can get free apps . I don't remember the software my friends used to download free apps . Maybe it was android market , sth like this .

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 04:12:13 pm »
You can get free apps . I don't remember the software my friends used to download free apps . Maybe it was android market , sth like this .

Yeah I've tried that but the apps that I desire aren't available. Don't know why!  :-\

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:18 pm »
I don't recommend HTC. Mine has broken down 3 times.
My wife has an iphone 4s which has never had a fault of any kind.

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
Yeah I've tried that but the apps that I desire aren't available. Don't know why!  :-\

Maybe they're not available on android  ::) Try googling . But I must say , you should've sticked with 4s . Seriously It's awesome with all the tweaks and apps iOS has. I'm never willing to sell my iPhone 4 fr SIII:D

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »
Someone deleted my comment :/ Who did that?

GG: Either go for Samsung Galaxy SIII or iPhone 4s . But one major drawback of 4s is that you can't connect your Bluetooth to other mobile brands so you can't send or receive Songs, photos , videos etc ...

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 06:37:59 pm »
Maybe they're not available on android  ::) Try googling . But I must say , you should've sticked with 4s . Seriously It's awesome with all the tweaks and apps iOS has. I'm never willing to sell my iPhone 4 fr SIII:D

I switched to S III because it was a much hyped phone at that time and due to some reviews on YouTube I decided to give a try to android. But yeah now I regret that.
Although in a few months I'll be switching to iPhone 5 when its jailbreak is out. Galaxy S III was my first android phone after using iPhones for the last 4 years but sadly couldn't get used to S III. :-\

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
But one major drawback of 4s is that you can't connect your Bluetooth to other mobile brands so you can't send or receive Songs, photos , videos etc ...

I remember well that there was an app for that too. Have used it and works well with iPhone 4S. Can't remember its name at the moment but will definitely let you know soon. Try searching Cydia. I think it's there in sinfuliphone Cydia source. 

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 06:53:01 pm »
iPhone 5 is a failure seriously . The surface gets scratched easily , the map isn't good , the camera produces purple haze when there's sun ray . And my friend told me battery life is too short and the phone gets hot.

There's an untethered jailbreak available for ios 6 for iPhone 4 and 3GS only since we have got A4 processors instead  of A5 and A6.

And for the Bluetooth thing , ya I hav used it but mine was the cracked version so it didnt work:D the name was airblue and Celeste bluetooth right? None of them worked for me >:(

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 08:27:32 pm »
iPhone 5 is a failure seriously . The surface gets scratched easily , the map isn't good , the camera produces purple haze when there's sun ray . And my friend told me battery life is too short and the phone gets hot.

No I don't think it's a failure. As a matter of fact I love every single bit of it and intend to buy it as soon as the jailbreak is out, maybe its because I am a die-hard Apple fan-boy. ::)
And yes the back surface gets scratched easily but once you get to hold the phone, you forget about the scratches and everything. It just feels so GREAT in your hand.
And about the purple haze thing, doesn't concern me because I have a Sony DSLR (NEX7K) for taking pictures.
Last thing you mentioned was the battery issue. I completely disagree. The battery life is better than the 4S. Your friend who told you that its battery life is too short, really needs to get his facts straight because my elder brother is currently using an iPhone 5 and the battery timing is awesome. And seriously it doesn't get hot. Although my Galaxy S III gets pretty hot sometimes which I don't understand at all, maybe its because of the quad-core processor.  :-\

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 08:58:49 pm »
Jazakom Allah khair, thank you guys for helping me out =)

Thing is (DrEvil & MU) is that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is actually way beyond my budget(less than 2000 dirhams i.e. less than $520 )

Anyways, I feel pretty good about This one so far. Will make Istikhara for the third time tomorrow insha Allah =D

Once again thanks  :D

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »
Jazakom Allah khair, thank you guys for helping me out =)

Thing is (DrEvil & MU) is that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is actually way beyond my budget(less than 2000 dirhams i.e. less than $520 )

Anyways, I feel pretty good about This one so far. Will make Istikhara for the third time tomorrow insha Allah =D

Once again thanks  :D

Samsung SIII is 1890 DH here in Dubai .

Mhm that's a pretty nice phone too . I guess the color at the bottom changes

@ Drevil : Yea I'm a die hard apple fan too but fact is iphone 5 disappointed me . At least I expected it to have NFC and a larger display. Regarding the battery issue , maybe the problem is with the phone.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 09:17:06 pm »
MU ,well all the sites I've checked have it at AED 2,300  {will be killed for SURE  if i buy it at thatprice, yuh see ::) }

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:17 pm »
Yes it's 2300 but the one I saw was on offer .

It's 1949 actually:D Here

Your Choice :)