Author Topic: What I don't get  (Read 17010 times)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
What I don't get
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:45 am »
....is why the forum is not taken over by other IG and A level kids?!

I mean- that's when WE invaded the place and made it alive. We can't still be lingering around years and years later. That's why it's dead, because we've all 'grown out' of SF. But that's FINE, because it's natural to grow out of things you did 3 years ago when you're a teenager.

But what's confusing is where are all the current IG students?!

"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Amelia

Re: What I don't get
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »
Alternatives. More attractive and resourceful, that's one of the reasons. Another could be, the old members haven't 'advertised' the place enough for new members to join in and know what was it like.

There's only so much one person can do  ::)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:13:11 pm »
I  guess it's a vicious cycle then ...
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »
They've become genius . They dont need our resources anymore:P

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:20 am »
....is why the forum is not taken over by other IG and A level kids?!

I mean- that's when WE invaded the place and made it alive. We can't still be lingering around years and years later. That's why it's dead, because we've all 'grown out' of SF. But that's FINE, because it's natural to grow out of things you did 3 years ago when you're a teenager.

But what's confusing is where are all the current IG students?!

The new kids do not seem to make the maximum of such forums anymore!

They are more interested in facebook, twitter and others social networks.

Moreover tuition takes most of the time of the students.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:51:22 am »
But that should mean that other forums are facing the same problem. If that's so then fair enough, otherwise it could be because of the stuff Amelia pointed out.
Either way, I think we should stop feeling guilty for not giving SF our attention and also to stop feeling responsible for it's deterioration. I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I certainly feel a part of responsibility and guilt. But that will stop, because it doesn't work like that.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 05:51:52 am »
But that should mean that other forums are facing the same problem. If that's so then fair enough, otherwise it could be because of the stuff Amelia pointed out.
Either way, I think we should stop feeling guilty for not giving SF our attention and also to stop feeling responsible for it's deterioration. I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I certainly feel a part of responsibility and guilt. But that will stop, because it doesn't work like that.

Personally I feel we are to be blamed because it was our job as staff members :-\

Nevertheless there a lot other factors as well which relieve us of the blame completely! So partly culprit :P

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 08:20:44 am »
Other forums arent as inactive compared to SF . So I guess something puts them off from visiting SF . Maybe its because they dont get their doubts answered .

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:46 am »
I don't know. I am hoping it will be active this session. I have checked everything like registration and everything is working, and we still have good search engine rankings.

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 05:55:50 am »
Other forums arent as inactive compared to SF . So I guess something puts them off from visiting SF . Maybe its because they dont get their doubts answered.

You are absolutely right.

I have been regularly visiting this place for the past couple of days and I noticed one thing that really made me sad and worried. :(
I have seen many members online but they don't post anything. Most of them don't even bother logging in. They just come, visit some of the pages and then off they go. The place doesn't attract them anymore. Its like they have no confidence on the forum that their doubts/questions will be answered here. I can understand that people come and go and new members take their place and the cycle continues but its the reverse-case scenario in here. I have been on a lot of forums but never witnessed such a behavior.

I have been thinking a lot and to be honest couldn't jump to any conclusion but I guess we all know what the reason behind all of this is. We now lack the spirit to help others like we used to do a few years back. Everyone was contributing to their best. Just see the stats for yourself for the years 2009 and 2010. By just comparing the New Topics started now and then, we can say that 2-3 years back new members had the confidence that there problems were going to be solved here and most of the new members that joined us during that period of time are still with us due to the confidence they had.

If you don't believe me than just have a look at the number of views for the past couple of months and then compare that to the number of views 2-3 years back for the same month and you'll definitely get the idea what I am talking about. We have a lot of new members coming in these days but sadly they are just being sent off to other forums just because of our own dereliction.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Amelia

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »
We know the problem but finding the solution is a problem. There are not many people around here who can stay and help the new members here - immediately and accurately. Like you said ^, it isn't like how it used to be before... senior members were enthusiastic about helping and answering questions (maybe even competing on who could solve the query best) but now, everything is plain dead.

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »
We need to request some of the old members to come visit this place once or twice a day for a couple of months just to give the forum a push start. I know its a bit unpractical as most of them are so busy with their lives but it is the only solution that I can think of to revive this forum again. Otherwise all we can hope for is a miracle.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Amelia

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »
We have tried that too, there are many who spend their time on FB and I've tried to push them here instead.. we can try again.

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 06:48:38 pm »
We have tried that too, there are many who spend their time on FB and I've tried to push them here instead.. we can try again.

Then we really need a miracle, I guess...  :-\

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 06:57:44 pm »
Then we really need a miracle, I guess...  :-\

Seriously if we upgrade this forum and the interface , it will attract many members including the old ones. But this will never happen :-\