Author Topic: How are your AS and A level results combined to give your final mark? URGENT!!!  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Wasp

Via the infamous school grapevine I was informed that your AS and A level results are combined to give you the mark you eventually get on your CIE certificate. :o Is this true? And if it is true, how are the two weighted???  ???PLEASE HELP!!!! BEFORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE CAUSES HEART FAILURE...
Try to be a yardstick of quality. Some people are not used to an environment where excellence is expected. STEVE JOBS

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Yes and every module mark counts the same.
For example, for AS maths you take 3 modules C1, C2 and S1 say.
C1 is the easiest.
Suppose your marks on each are 90, 80 and 70.
Your total marks are 90+80+70=240 which is an A.

Offline Wasp

But what about AS and A level marks for the same subject...say you get 90 on AS and 70 on A...are those two marks combined at all to give your final A level mark??? Like I said, the student grapevine is confusing...
Try to be a yardstick of quality. Some people are not used to an environment where excellence is expected. STEVE JOBS

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
yes it is. 6 modules, every one counts the same. If you get 70,80,90, 100, 60,80 that is 480 overall which is an A.

Offline Wasp

Thanks a lot.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
No probs