Author Topic: When is Everyone going to finish their Exams ? [Uni/A level and O level]  (Read 4365 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Salam :)

Share "when you'll be done with Uni/external exams" and "How long your Summer Vacation will be" Information  please (:

GG =>  the 21st of June inshAllah BUT I'll most probably start TOEFL within a couple of days after that date!  My summer vacation will be 2 - 6 months long depending on the University Admissions.

Ace them 8)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:55:01 pm by The Golden Girl (: »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
AS (Biology, chemistr, AICT): 23rd of may last exam
IGCSE (Accounting): 1st of june last exam
Ministry Arabic/Islamiat: 18th-21st june.

and summer vacation...
well depends, I might do home schooling, so I don't know when exactly I will start studying, but if I will have to go to school (year 12), then my vacation will be about 2.5 months

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
23rd of May - end of my uni exams

Going back home probably at the end of May/beginning of June

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
My last exam is Physics 14th june. I have no exam for 2 weeks from 30th may till 14th june and this Sucks!:@

After exams I gotta study TOEFL and SAT for my university admission:( University starts from september...

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
Salam :)

Share "when you'll be done with Uni/external exams" and "How long your Summer Vacation will be" Information  please (:

GG =>  the 21st of June inshAllah BUT I'll most probably start TOEFL within a couple of days after that date!  My summer vacation will be 2 - 6 months long depending on the University Admissions.

Ace them 8)

all the best for your exams GG! inshallah you'll do great!

well may be by end of may or beginning of june :)

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
22nd of July. :'(
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
17th may

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Why am I the last one as always ? <_<
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Some like me while other WAY before me and some after me , cool 8)

Good luck/bitawfeeg ;) ..ACE THEM =D

What about the rest of the members/staff (:
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Ministry Arabic/Islamiat: 18th-21st june.

Is it compulsory to take the Ministry exams if you are studying A-Levels privately but want to later study at a state-run univeristy in Kuwait or are these exams a part of your school asssessment?

Please reply.

Offline Banana

• Global Moderator
  • SF Master
  • The Dancin' Banana
April 22nd iA...then I have a whole week to tease my sis till her exams are over!  >:D >:D

Summer'll probably be 2 months ::) They get shorter every year  ::)
Save Mars...it's the only habitable planet that doesn't have schools ;D

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
Is it compulsory to take the Ministry exams if you are studying A-Levels privately but want to later study at a state-run univeristy in Kuwait or are these exams a part of your school asssessment?

Please reply.

No, it's not compulsory. Also I am not doing A-levels privately. I'm giving them so that I can apply to Kuwait university. Arabs have to give these. In case I'm not accepted in Kuwait university, then doing them will also help when I apply in Egypt, because I will not have to give Arabic exam there. No, they are not part of our school assessment.

PS: we give Arabic and Islamiat exam in school too, but that one is just to get promoted to the next class, it's not from the ministry. School teachers make it. These exams are waste of our time, arabic and islamiat school exams are completely useless.

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
No, it's not compulsory. Also I am not doing A-levels privately. I'm giving them so that I can apply to Kuwait university. Arabs have to give these. In case I'm not accepted in Kuwait university, then doing them will also help when I apply in Egypt, because I will not have to give Arabic exam there. No, they are not part of our school assessment.

PS: we give Arabic and Islamiat exam in school too, but that one is just to get promoted to the next class, it's not from the ministry. School teachers make it. These exams are waste of our time, arabic and islamiat school exams are completely useless.
Yes, I know that the school-based exams are very useless.

I am doing A-Levels privately, I am a non-Arab and I want to apply to Kuwait Univeristy as well. Do I have to sit for these exams? Please confirm.

What do you want to apply for in Kuwait University? I want to aply for medicine.
Do you have any idea about how long the medicine course is in KU - 6 or 7 years?

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
I don't know about non-arabs, but it's first language arabic, islamiat, and quran, which will be impossible for non-arabs.
Try calling them.
Medicine, I will apply after I get my results in August.
Sorry, I don't know how long is the course.

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
I don't know about non-arabs, but it's first language arabic, islamiat, and quran, which will be impossible for non-arabs.
Try calling them.
Medicine, I will apply after I get my results in August.
Sorry, I don't know how long is the course.

Ohhkay. Did you take their aptitude tests? You have to take the english, mathematics and chemistry aptitude tests before applying, if you want to apply for medicine.
Every year, their aptitude tests take place twice - one took place on the 21st of April and the other will take place on the 30th of June.
The registration for the test that will take place on the 30th of June will take place from the 22nd of May to the 28th of May. They also run preparation courses for their aptitude tests, registration for which will be held at the same time as the reg. for the aptitude tests.

What is their minimum A-level requirement for medicine? I have heard that they only need two AS or A-Level subjects but what grades do they require for medicine?
Also do you have any idea about how many non-kuwaiti students they take for medicine? I think they have seperate seats for the GCC countries nationals, but what about the non-Arab non-Kuwaities, if you have any idea?

When do their admissions start?
I have heard that admissions at KU take place twice a year - once somewhere in July for the semester beginning in September and then in Oct/Nov for the fall semester (beginning Jan). Is this true? and do you want to apply in Oct/Nov for the fall semester?
If you have any idea about when the admissions will begin in july or oct/nov, do let me know. Also how will you find out the exact date of the admissions?
I have heard that we have to apply through the Ministry of Education, Kuwait. Is it the one in Shuwaikh near KU?

I have already completed 3 A-level subjects (the Sciences) along with one AS subject (Pure Math), but I want to re-sit one module from each subject to get a higher grade in each one. I will receive my final results in August, but I want to apply in july for the semester beginning in september. I might receive my results after the admissions will close so what do I do in this case? Do you have any idea?

P.S. I am really sorry for asking so many questions, but I don't have any friends who are applying to KU. I thought you would be having some useful information. Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:17:22 pm by MKh »