Author Topic: For fitness  (Read 5451 times)

Amelia

For fitness
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:05 pm »
1. Better hearing through exercise
A study at Miami University found that cardiovascular training improves your hearing in the short term and helps to preserve it in the long term. Other studies have found that the least fit people tend to have the worst hearing – and that’s even taking into account the number of exercisers blasting their ears with iPods...

2. More creativity from working out
Brand-new research from Rhode Island College suggests that aerobic exercise can kick-start your creativity – and keep your brain cells tingling for a couple of hours afterwards. Activities that are ‘no-brainers’ and don’t require you to put in too much thought are best – so pick running or swimming over rock climbing or doubles tennis. Also, don’t go too hard, as the best creativity boost comes from exercising at a comfortable pace.

3. Higher libido from exercise
Yes, being fit helps to improve your sex life! A study that looked at 8,000 women aged 18 to 49 found that in women who exercise three times a week, 40% report greater arousal, 31% have sex more often and 25% find orgasm easier to achieve. Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health involving 31,000 men found that men who are physically active have a 30% lower risk of erectile dysfunction than men who do little or no physical activity.

4. Better quitting power through exercise
If you are trying to kick your smoking habit, research suggests that exercise might help. A study in the Archives of Internal Medicine followed 281 sedentary female smokers, who were otherwise healthy, in their efforts to quit. The study found that smokers who take part assigned exercise sessions are twice as likely to quit and stay cigarette free compared to those who don’t do any exercise.

5. Deeper sleep after exercise
Being active during the day can help you get more sleep at night. According to the US National Sleep Foundation, daytime physical activity can help you to fall asleep more quickly and get better quality sleep. Regular exercise can also help sufferers of insomnia to beat their problem. And, contrary to popular belief, recent research from the University of California suggests that even late evening workouts won’t hamper your ability to get to sleep.

6. More regularity from exercise
Yes, we’re talking about how regularly you go to the bathroom here! An Australian study found that regular exercisers are less likely to suffer from constipation than sedentary people. The boost to your circulation – as well as the actual physical effects of movement – are thought to be the reason for this. There is even a link between high levels of fitness and low levels of bowel cancer – though this may be because fit people are more likely to eat healthily, too.

7. Better focus through exercising
The very fact that exercise requires planning, application, dedication and discipline means that every time you get your kit on, you are working on your character development, too. For example, a study of people training for a marathon in New York found that regular exercise improves people’s goal-setting, organisation and discipline – both at work and in other areas of life.

P.S - Dont forget to work of your spiritual self as well

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/health/7-top-fitness-benefits-you-may-be-unaware-of-1.1010657?localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_term=%26234510

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: For fitness
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:55:08 pm »
Thank you, Miss Nutritionist. :)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:19:49 pm »
Just doing my job, ma'am. And like usual, you are probably the only to have read it.. just commented on it  ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:54:08 pm »
Just doing my job, ma'am. And like usual, you are probably the only to have read it.. just commented on it  ;)

Aye. I did read it! :D

It's sad since I've stopped doing any exercise these past few months. I'm becoming more lazy, more sluggish. :-[

After exercise, you feel like your breathing in more oxygen (which is medically true). ::) Just miss doing some proper exercise or sport.

Amelia

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:56:47 pm »
Aye. I did read it! :D

It's sad since I've stopped doing any exercise these past few months. I'm becoming more lazy, more sluggish. :-[

After exercise, you feel like your breathing in more oxygen (which is medically true). ::) Just miss doing some proper exercise or sport.

Ah! You are still fine, I'ven't been to the gym since this semester began.. all my exercise is walking and running under the hot sun from one building to another.. oh well, not like we dont want to do them exercise.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »
Ah! You are still fine, I'ven't been to the gym since this semester began.. all my exercise is walking and running under the hot sun from one building to another.. oh well, not like we dont want to do them exercise.
No, I'm not. :-[ I need to shed off 'some' kilos. ::) The pressure is more since we're having a family wedding. *sigh*
But, uni doesn't give me time at all! Whole week I'm in uni from 8am to 4pm and during weekend is family time or spend extra time with books.
So going to the gym is the last thing in my mind. And, oh yeah ... all our classes is in one lecture hall ... I'm sitting the whole day. ::)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35:01 pm »
Being fit is on my list of things to do. This year I have been ticking things off that list very fast. You cant just get fit by placing a tick though.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 06:58:56 am »
Thanks for the post. I think walking/running is the best exercise although we have to be careful not to over exercise.

Offline style86

• http://www.collegeinfo.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for a wonderful post! very informative indeed, especially as I need to exercise urgently to shed all the extra kilos  :( 

Amelia

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »
Welcome all...

-----

----

Amelia

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »
To anyone who is interested:-

My FB page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Health-and-Fitness/400549696662396?ref=hl

Like, read, share, ENjoy!

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »
If a man is too fat to see it, he probably doesnt care if it doesnt work

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »
I am determined to be fit.
It is the biggest thing on my to do list.
I am exercising right this minute.