Author Topic: Time for you to suggest...!  (Read 14043 times)

Offline ~ Miss Relina ~

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Every rose has a thorn
Re: Time for you to suggest...!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »
You are most probably right

We really need more active members in here.............younger ones as well, those who are less busy

Which is why I propose you all advertise this forum in any way you can as a platform where you help others and get helped

I'll do isA  :D
~~~Yarab everything turns alright at the end ~~~
    -----------Ameeeeeeeeeeen------------

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »
1. Try to make the Pastpapers and Revision notes board(under the A level board) Invisible to  Guests or at least so that they can't reach it unless they're members. if the Whole board is invisible ,It's a little too harsh , but that's just my Opinion :)  ... Ohh and the Debates as well (It seems some companies actually Quoted some of our talks in the debate section  in a Book they were going to publish  :o ...I guess that's enough detail :P )

Because if I was a Guest I wouln't have to make an actual Account to get the past papers or anything of that sort, Most probably of course.

2. Abod and MU , are one of the funniest people I met here [maybe it's cuz they're just too good at teasing/being sarcastic :P ] , They could share some seriously hard puzzles which can be as lame as possible even. EXample: Why is there a RED dot in the sky ? [took me ages to answer and didn't get it RIGHT in the end  :P] .... Because there is a Fly with red lipstick on her lips! xP

I hope you got my point ::)

3. Regarding the Bots problem that SE mentioned, I suggest you put a sort of Code that needs to be typed down by us everytime we login that way you can be sure who is a bot and delete their accounts. BUT at the same time in the registration procedure ,you should put a step where new members have to type down a (seen code). I really hope you do this one though  :)

4. We advertise the FORUM (cuz  FEP is well-known already!)... Perhaps advertise it on Google or even Facebook ?  if that's too much to do then why not advertise it simply randomly on other sites like Youtube or Facebook or Twitter etc.

5. Try to revive the OLD Sweet threads ;)

I'm out of ideas , I hope I helped :)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 01:59:30 pm »
1. Try to make the Pastpapers and Revision notes board(under the A level board) Invisible to  Guests or at least so that they can't reach it unless they're members. if the Whole board is invisible ,It's a little too harsh , but that's just my Opinion :)  ... Ohh and the Debates as well (It seems some companies actually Quoted some of our talks in the debate section  in a Book they were going to publish  :o ...I guess that's enough detail :P )

Because if I was a Guest I wouln't have to make an actual Account to get the past papers or anything of that sort, Most probably of course.

I was going to suggest something similar. We shouldn't hide the boards, but the way we post resources as you said shouldn't be accessed except if you are a member. This is what actually attracted me to the forum; some IGCSE ICT materials that were attached to a thread and I couldn't access. And then the useful discussions we used to do regarding subjects.
There are many forums that has this feature "were links can't be accessed except for members". Because most of our resources are as links (mediafire, etc) which any guest can access.

I must add also that there must be specific reasons that made the unusual decline in the activity of the forum. As someone said above, this time of the year used to be busiest. I guess active members who were there during the previous period should try and look back on what might be the reasons that made the forum suddenly like this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:02:57 pm by sweetsh »

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »
mitil 2ilmintadayat sa7? ...Yes that is what my point is ;D

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 02:03:40 pm »
mitil 2ilmintadayat sa7? ...Yes that is what my point is ;D

Yes there are many forums where you can't see links unless you are a member. Some do the registeration procedure really complicated and you can't see links unless you post several times and you get replies, we don't want such a thing of course.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »
Sweetsh : Ya that's annoying =,= ... Agree with ya on that =D

One more thing  ;D

5.Every once in a while , the mediafire links that saadmannan and the others upload are Corrupted so why don't you use safelinking.net to protect them ? ..Engraved once mentioned it but it seems no one noticed.

Example http://safelinking.net/p/136ca124e5 => From his blog By the way [ http://www.studenttech.co.cc/  ]

When you click it , you have to type down a SEEN CODE , and the file is actually uploaded on Mediafire !

^ That's my point. Gtg study =,=

Take care y'all (:

Offline Asante

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 03:59:05 pm »
Yes there are many forums where you can't see links unless you are a member. Some do the registeration procedure really complicated and you can't see links unless you post several times and you get replies, we don't want such a thing of course.

Ooooh !! Pick me !! Yes... ME !! I know the answer !!! :D

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »
GG, thank you for spending some of your precious time writing down the above suggestions :)

5.Every once in a while , the mediafire links that saadmannan and the others upload are Corrupted so why don't you use safelinking.net to protect them ? ..Engraved once mentioned it but it seems no one noticed.

That was number 6 By the way, not 5 :P

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

Example http://safelinking.net/p/136ca124e5 => From his blog By the way [ http://www.studenttech.co.cc/  ]

When you click it , you have to type down a SEEN CODE , and the file is actually uploaded on Mediafire !

Yah , we have discussed about this thing already . Thanks for your suggestions GG and Sweetsh!

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 07:06:39 pm »
Abod , My pleasure :D .................  Lazim titzana5 LOL XD :P

MU : No Problemo Muscle Nerd =]

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »
Thank you everyone for suggesting things and I am expecting more... :P

GG and sweetsh, I have suggested the same thing before i.e. restricting the things guests can view but at that time it wasn't the best thing, maybe we can reconsider it now.

Thanks again everyone...
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Asante

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »
Thank you everyone for suggesting things and I am expecting more... :P

GG and sweetsh, I have suggested the same thing before i.e. restricting the things guests can view but at that time it wasn't the best thing, maybe we can reconsider it now.

Thanks again everyone...

Pretty lame idea. These guests don't want to join because they see no real content on this forum.... So you're going to respond to that by limiting what guests can see, forcing them to sign up and giving this forum an artificial increases in new members.

They'll realise sooner or later that there's no content and will leave.

And you'll be back to square one :D

Oh, the forum is truly dead hence your desperate acts to salvage it :D

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 01:50:15 pm »
Pretty lame idea. These guests don't want to join because they see no real content on this forum.... So you're going to respond to that by limiting what guests can see, forcing them to sign up and giving this forum an artificial increases in new members.

I guess we do know that the forum is dead that's why acts are being discussed.

Offline Asante

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »
I guess we do know that the forum is dead that's why acts are being discussed.

Not even CPR followed by the use of a defibrillator would bring this hole back to life :D

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:02 pm »

Thanks for giving your perception of how things gonna be after our 'desperate' acts :)

Nevertheless it won't hurt to try and do something to revive the place rather than just being pessimist like some people here!