Author Topic: How do you treat those who hurt you ?and how to overcome fear of NEW friendship?  (Read 6106 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Salam /Hola Everyone =D

I want everyone to participate in this cuz I want to know different perspective regarding the matter which makes it more beneficial than me just discussing it with my friends for example ;)

I want to know those who took advantage of you , those who stabbed your back by backbiting you ,those who made you even doubt yourself ..etc How do you treat these people ? especially if you can't avoid them at all ?

And if someone developed some kind of 'Fear of NEW friendship" cuz He/She is  scared of "getting hurt and having to go through the Same pain all OVER again" kind of  mentality ? How do people with such ways of thinking CHANGE their thinking in order to live a Happy life full of Doubts NO MORE !

I'd love to listen to what you people have to say so please do the honor of the talking :)

Jazakom Allah khair/Thanks in Advance =D
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
Hurt them back.. Revenge is sweet, and slow.
If someone takes advantage of you, then it's your fault, you let him/her do it.

anddddd

And if someone developed some kind of 'Fear of NEW friendship" cuz He/She is  scared of "getting hurt and having to go through the Same pain all OVER again" kind of  mentality

relationships rather...
That's a different story.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Interesting topic. Something which most of us have experienced in life.

Like you said, it's all about matter of perspective. Each of us will look and take things in our own ways.

In my opinion, there is always ups and downs in friendships. We tend to have those little fights with our friends but then we mend and get back together.
But as for those who back-stab/backbite/hurt us in the worst possible way - they are not even our friends.

"If a friend envies you, then he is not a true friend." - Imam Ali (AS)

Life is a lesson. We learn from it - from the good and from the bad that afflicts us. As a human being, I don't like to keep grudges. I tend to forgive and forget, but that's just me - I know many who wouldn't agree. Life is a merely a lesson, we learn from our mistakes. It makes us more wise and mature in terms of knowing who's your friend and who's not. The hardships and difficulties of life had made me stronger and move on rather than put me down because I know for a fact that people come and go but my Lord is always with me. He is there for me when no one else is. And, for me ... my Lord is enough -this is how I look at it.

"Verily with hardship comes ease." - (Quran 94:6)

"And grieve not over them, and be not distressed because of what they plot." - (Quran 16:127)

PS- what goes around comes back around. ;)

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Alpha

I help them when they need help-- and this is enough to prove that they have not been able to change who I am.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
I help them when they need help-- and this is enough to prove that they have not been able to change who I am.
Exactly. (Y)

Alpha

Exactly. (Y)

I liked yours too. :)
If all so-called 'enemies' thought similar, life here would be Jannah. Honestly. :)

Alpha

and how to overcome fear of NEW friendship?

Friendship isn't 'made'. It just happens. True friendship.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
I liked yours too. :)
If all so-called 'enemies' thought similar, life here would be Jannah. Honestly. :)

Thank you, dear. <3

There's a saying ... don't remember the exact source to it:

"Paradise is surrounded by hardship and difficulties while Hell is surrounded by pleasure and desires."

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Salam /Hola Everyone =D

I want everyone to participate in this cuz I want to know different perspective regarding the matter which makes it more beneficial than me just discussing it with my friends for example ;)

I want to know those who took advantage of you , those who stabbed your back by backbiting you ,those who made you even doubt yourself ..etc How do you treat these people ? especially if you can't avoid them at all ?

And if someone developed some kind of 'Fear of NEW friendship" cuz He/She is  scared of "getting hurt and having to go through the Same pain all OVER again" kind of  mentality ? How do people with such ways of thinking CHANGE their thinking in order to live a Happy life full of Doubts NO MORE !

I'd love to listen to what you people have to say so please do the honor of the talking :)

Jazakom Allah khair/Thanks in Advance =D

Hmm... Umm... this may be strange, but I pray to God for their destruction, citing their betrayal to me.

To overcome the fear of new friendship, just let loose, go and start talking to them and they will eventually become friends.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
Hmm... Umm... this may be strange, but I pray to God for their destruction, citing their betrayal to me.

To overcome the fear of new friendship, just let loose, go and start talking to them and they will eventually become friends.

Pray for destruction ? :o

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P

LOL, yeah, I don't take genuine betrayals lightly...

Alpha

Such a prayer isn't accepted.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Such a prayer isn't accepted.

Actually, this is the thing everyone should do.

".....Beware of the supplication of the oppressed for there is no barrier between him and Allah......" - Prohpet (pbuh)

Alpha

".....Beware of the supplication of the oppressed for there is no barrier between him and Allah......" - Prohpet (pbuh)

Are you oppressed? -.-

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord

Being betrayed doesn't necessarily mean your being oppressed.