Author Topic: AS level Physics Edexcel  (Read 2624 times)

Offline hamiamo39

AS level Physics Edexcel
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:45 am »
Hey!
i wanted to know if any of these are coming for Edexcel physics AS level? one of my friends said its coming , but im not sure if she's doing the same board as i am  :(

Standing/Stationary waves
Harmonic motion
Wave motion
Reflection-Refraction
Interference and Diffraction
Doppler effect

im a private candidate and i dont know anyone whose giving the same board as i am , so any help will be really appreciated!
Please the Creator, Not the Creation.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: AS level Physics Edexcel
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »
Don't know what's coming since I am not really physic   :-\ ::) xP

Harmonic Motion is in A2 so it's surely not coming ;)

Good luck 8)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:44:11 pm by The Golden Girl =D »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »
Hey!
i wanted to know if any of these are coming for Edexcel physics AS level? one of my friends said its coming , but im not sure if she's doing the same board as i am  :(

Harmonic motion
Wave motion
Reflection-Refraction
Doppler effect

im a private candidate and i dont know anyone whose giving the same board as i am , so any help will be really appreciated!

Check the specification dear. You want a link?

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
All of those but NOT in great detail except Harmonic motion is for A2 only.

Check the syllabus for clarification.
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline hamiamo39

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:03 am »
Check the specification dear. You want a link?

YES PLEASE !! Thankyou !

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:41 am »

YES PLEASE !! Thankyou !

The main Specification for Edexcel GCE Physics can be downloaded for free here:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024825%20GCE%20in%20Physics%20Iss4%20260510.pdf

You can check out the titles and ISBN of the textbooks endorsed by Edexcel to support this qualification in the above specification.

If you are a private candidate, you are most likely to be sitting for the Written Alternative to Practical paper (6PH07) instead of the practical exam (6PH03), so here's a link for downloading the specification for the Edexcel GCE Physics Written Alternative to Practical papers:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/International-spec-Physics.pdf

These are the latest syllabus specifications.

For more information check:
The main edexcel website: www.edexcel.com
The GCE (from 2008) pages for physics that can be accessed here: http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/physics/Pages/default.aspx

Hope this helps.

Offline SZM

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »
Hey!
i wanted to know if any of these are coming for Edexcel physics AS level? one of my friends said its coming , but im not sure if she's doing the same board as i am  :(

Harmonic motion
Wave motion
Reflection-Refraction
Doppler effect

I m a private candidate and i dont know anyone whose giving the same board as i am , so any help will be really appreciated!

Hello Hamiamo39,  
The chapters that u have mentioned are all present in AS Edexcel Physics-WAVES. U will learn harmonic motion as a a fundamental harmonic motion in AS edexcel Physics, but there is also a further knowledge of harmonic motion under Oscillation part in A2 edexcel Physics. I am telling u this, because i am doing both AS and A2 edexcel Physics privately. Thaty.

The chapters that u have mentioned are all belonged to a topic called WAVE. Dear are u doing A2 edexcel physics??? When are u doing AS and A2 edexcel physics exam??

Hope I have answered to ur question.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:01:20 pm by SZM »

Offline hamiamo39

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:03 pm »
The main Specification for Edexcel GCE Physics can be downloaded for free here:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024825%20GCE%20in%20Physics%20Iss4%20260510.pdf

You can check out the titles and ISBN of the textbooks endorsed by Edexcel to support this qualification in the above specification.

If you are a private candidate, you are most likely to be sitting for the Written Alternative to Practical paper (6PH07) instead of the practical exam (6PH03), so here's a link for downloading the specification for the Edexcel GCE Physics Written Alternative to Practical papers:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/International-spec-Physics.pdf

These are the latest syllabus specifications.

For more information check:
The main edexcel website: www.edexcel.com
The GCE (from 2008) pages for physics that can be accessed here: http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/physics/Pages/default.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much !!! just wanted to know one more thing are these coming too cuz i cant find them anywhere in the specs

- measuring diffraction, calculating diffraction angles, Resolutions, two source interference, Young's equation and Diffraction Grating

i have 2 months till my AS exams and im still checking on wats coming haha i feel so dumb  ???

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:27 pm »

Thankyou so much !!! just wanted to know one more thing are these coming too cuz i cant find them anywhere in the specs

- measuring diffraction, calculating diffraction angles, Resolutions, two source interference, Young's equation and Diffraction Grating

i have 2 months till my AS exams and im still checking on wats coming haha i feel so dumb  ???

You are welcome.

If you can't find these in the spec. then it's obviously not coming. Have you got any books to study from? Get the Edexcel AS Physics book and you will know what to study by referring to it.

I haven't come across any of those that you have mentioned above in much detail in the textbook, but again double-check with your textbook.

It's okay. Better late than never.

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »
You can find the book HERE

Just saying :)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:32 pm »
Here is the syllabus. :)

Good luck. ;D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline hamiamo39

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 10:55:30 am »

Hello Hamiamo39,  
The chapters that u have mentioned are all present in AS Edexcel Physics-WAVES. U will learn harmonic motion as a a fundamental harmonic motion in AS edexcel Physics, but there is also a further knowledge of harmonic motion under Oscillation part in A2 edexcel Physics. I am telling u this, because i am doing both AS and A2 edexcel Physics privately. Thaty.

The chapters that u have mentioned are all belonged to a topic called WAVE. Dear are u doing A2 edexcel physics??? When are u doing AS and A2 edexcel physics exam??

Hope I have answered to ur question.  

Thankyou !! i will do AS edexcel physics this may and then A2 edexcel physics next year InshaAllah!
can u please tell me if these are also coming or not ?
- measuring diffraction, calculating diffraction angles, Resolutions, two source interference, Young's equation and Diffraction Grating :(

Offline hamiamo39

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 11:02:47 am »
You are welcome.

If you can't find these in the spec. then it's obviously not coming. Have you got any books to study from? Get the Edexcel AS Physics book and you will know what to study by referring to it.

I haven't come across any of those that you have mentioned above in much detail in the textbook, but again double-check with your textbook.

It's okay. Better late than never.

i have Nelson-thornes' Advanced Physics for you  , it has the edexcel syllabus in the end, but it was published long back around 2001 and it said the Waves chapter isnt coming for AS level , so i dont trust it anymore ! but they do explain the chapters very well though:)