Author Topic: --The Art of grooming your Soul--  (Read 16412 times)

Amelia

Re: --The Art of grooming your Soul--
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »
 "I began to regret all I had done and all the time I had wasted; I began circumambulating the Ka’ba, weeping, begging Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) to forgive me."

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/10-tips-to-becoming-one-of-allahs-special-people/
Its a magnificent read, and the woman is American, gotta learn something's from them.

The best form of remembrance is that of the Qur`an. Will you allow your heart to find rest through it?

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:28 pm »
Subhanallah...this is incredible.....mashaAllah...

Jazak Allah khair jamy!

Amelia

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:48 pm »
In the Name of Allaah…

Most people entertain bad thoughts about Allaah regarding their own personal situations and the situations of others.  The only ones who remain safe from this are those who truly know Allaah, His Names, His Attributes, and what His Wisdom and Right to be praised really entails.

So let every sincere, sound-minded individual focus on himself regarding this, and then repent to Allaah and seek His Forgiveness from the negative notions he entertains about his Lord.

Look closely at anyone!  You will find that people become upset with Qadr and blame things on it, saying that, “It should have been this way or that way…”

Some people behave this way only rarely, others more commonly!

Inspect yourself – Are you innocent!?

If you are saved from it, you are safe from something terrible…
But really, I doubt you are even safe!

-Ibn al-Qayyim

This is a passage from the great writings of al-’Allaamah Ibn Qayyim al-Jowziyyah, as quoted in the book, Kitaab at-Towheed, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdil-Wahhaab.

This passage was an explanation of some Qur’aanic verses exposing the notions and ill assumptions of the hypocrites after the defeat suffered at the Battle of Uhud.  It is absolutely amazing how this great scholar tied the filthy beliefs of the hypocrites to our own hearts and actions, and guided us to take a an important personal lesson from the hidden enemies of Islaam and their false notions about the Wisdom of Allaah and His Qadr.

From the attributes of the hypocrites is that they do not submit to the Qadr of Allaah, instead they find fault with it, and claim that things would have been better had they been in charge of the affair!

Review Soorah Aal ‘Imraan (3:154).

Ibn al-Qayyim said, “Inspect yourself – Are you innocent?!”

I remind myself and my brothers and sisters in Islaam to sincerely think about the following statements and ponder over how distant we are from them in reality:

“That’s just great!  This is why I hate Mondays!”
“What is wrong with this laptop?  Another virus!!  And of course this would happen NOW, when I have all this important work to finish!!”
“The car seems to break down every time I’m running late!”
“My stupid cellphone keeps shutting down…!”
“Oh great!  One more red light!  As if I’m not late enough!”
“I stoved my toe on that stupid table!”
These small everyday trials we face and the emotions we react with are all part of our personal test.  Our reactions, beliefs, and statements are all being recorded!

With the above mentioned complaints and reactions, who are we actually displeased with?  We know that the table didn’t do anything to our toe, right?  We know that cars, cellphones, and laptops don’t actually choose to do things to harm us in reality, right?

So then, again – WHO or WHAT are we really displeased with when uttering these kinds of statements?

We desperately need our spouses, friends, and companions to remind us, quite simply, with the following question:

Are you unhappy with the Qadr of Allaah?

Let us replace the bad reactions mentioned with the very best guidance available, the guidance of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam):

“…And if something (bad) befalls you, do not say, ‘Had I only done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened, rather say: Qadrullaahi, wa maa shaa’ fa’ala (This is from the Qadr of Allaah, and He does whatever He wills).” [Muslim]

Let us affirm everything we face as the Qadr of Allaah, submit to Allaah being pleased with the trial He (and no one else) has chosen for us, and be afraid of a bad reaction that would be written against us and handed to us on the Day of Account.

And Allaah knows best.
Moosaa Richardson in KSA_Dawah Google groups

Amelia

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »
Author: Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyyah, Source: Madarij as-Saalikeen (vol. 3, pp. 17-18 )

First, reciting the Qur’an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it.

Second, getting closer to Allaah by performing voluntary deeds after completing obligatory deeds. This is as is stated in a Hadith Qudsi: “My slave continues getting closer to Me by performing voluntary deeds until I love him.”

Third, continual remembrance of Allaah under all circumstances, with one’s tongue, heart and actions. The extent of one’s love of Allaah is determined by this.

Fourth, giving precedence to what He loves over what you love when you are overtaken by your desires.

Fifth, the heart being avid of Allaah’s Names, and Attributes and the heart roaming in that garden of knowledge.

Sixth, observing Allaah’s kindness, goodness and bounties, both hidden and open.

Seventh, and this is the most wonderful, the heart being soft, subdued and meek before Allaah.

Eighth, being alone with Allaah during the time when the Lord descends during the last portion of the night while reading His Book and ending that by asking for forgiveness and repenting.

Ninth, sitting with the beloved and sincere, benefitting from the most fruitful of their speech. And not to speak unless speaking is more beneficial and you know that it will improve your state and be beneficial to others.

Tenth, remaining away from every cause that comes between the heart and Allaah.

Amelia

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 04:55:57 pm »
When the worshipper engages in remembrance of his Lord, his heart is polished & becomes like a mirror on which divine lights are reflected. This state of remembrance produces special kind of pleasure which has n synonyms in languages...

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 06:27:16 pm »
When the worshipper engages in remembrance of his Lord, his heart is polished & becomes like a mirror on which divine lights are reflected. This state of remembrance produces special kind of pleasure which has n synonyms in languages...

So very true. (Y)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »
Listen to this, guys, worth every minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMlgk25qvc&feature=g-vrec

:)

Amelia

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:20 pm »
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said:

'When you hear a rooster crowing, then ask Allah for His bounties, for it has seen an angel, and when you hear a donkey braying, then seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, for it has seen a Shaitan'

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Sahih al-Jami #611]

Amelia

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 10:09:03 am »
"For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than to touch a woman who is not permissible to him."

(At-Tabarani -Sahih)

Amelia

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:13 pm »
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “Do not wish for death, for the terror of the place whence one looks down is severe. It is part of a man’s happiness that his life should be long and Allah Who is Great and Glorious, should supply him with repentance.”

Al-Tirmidhi – Hadith 1613

---

Yeah, fine.  ::) :P

Amelia

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »
I seriously am the only person around here  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHg7WZTnoIA&feature=youtu.be

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »
"It is not the length of life, but the depth."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 08:57:45 pm »
Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

(Quran 2:255)

Amelia

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »
Surah Al Fatiha - an conversation with Allah through Salah

When my servant says [alhamdulillahi rabbilalamin] Allah says in response to that my servant has praised me.
When my servant [arrahmanir rahim] Allah says in response my servant has extolled (exalted) me.
When my servant says [maliki yomiddin] Allah says my servant has magnified me.
When my servant says [iyyakanabudu waiyyaka nastain] Allah says this is between me and my servant and for my servant is what he asks. And for the rest of the [ayaat] Allah says this is between me and my servant and for my servant is what he asks.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2012, 09:17:32 pm »
As long as every day you make something a little better in some way, you have earned your place on Earth.